LaunchBox Community Forums

10.11-beta-1 Released

Jason Carr

Thank you.

I have indeed read that.

I want a way to "rename" an existing Badge or add new...called Homebew

IMHO needing a plugin (that does not even exist)  to achieve the above is a bit over the top. It is not something uber difficult that could not be added in Options.

I hope Jason can include the modification of this dropdown in later version...

3 hours ago, Wally said:

Thank you.

I have indeed read that.

IMHO needing a plugin (that does not even exist)  to achieve the above is a bit over the top. It is not something uber difficult that could not be added in Options.

Some things just do not always get put in right from the start. It is only a 2 man team and prioritizing does need to be done. I am quite positive if Jason felt it was a priority he would have added it in. Just like you say it is not uber difficult to add, well neither is making a plugin for it until Jason decides if he is going to add more options. We have the icons right now, its a step forward. Jason has been very well known for adding a new feature, letting it test out and then adding to it based on feedback.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Wally said:

Hi,

Can I set Custom Badges? How?

If not, can you add a Homebrew badge please?

With this badge, I wont need to create extra categories (Atari 2600 Homebrew, Commodore 64 Homebrew etc)

Thanx

Custom badges like this will currently require a plugin to be built.

3 hours ago, Wally said:

Thank you.

I have indeed read that.

We may come back to this in the future, depending on feedback.

• Like 4

Just now, DukeSkinny said:

So, what specific box setting needs to be set to a minimum of what for badges to show up

Cant answer that one im afraid, you can just experiment though.

1 minute ago, DukeSkinny said:

and do they work with a custom theme like Neon Deluxe Arcade?

Theme developers need to add the new code to there themes for badges to show.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, DukeSkinny said:

So, what specific box setting needs to be set to a minimum of what for badges to show up, and do they work with a custom theme like Neon Deluxe Arcade?

Asked in earnest, with no disrespect intended. Thank you for all your hard work, Jason! :)

@neil9000 is correct. I have not experimented with what the settings need to be, but it should be fairly obvious if you start with the default settings and decrease the spacing until your happy. Theme developers will indeed need to add the new code to the custom themes before they will work in the custom themes.

• Thanks 1

Hi. I have noticed (on beta 3) that games I have added to Launchbox are not there the next day - and I have to re-add them.

Two occasions this has happened are with Playstation (2 games) and Playstation 2 (1) games and, in both cases, the files were in a sub-folder of the games folder. I use sub-folders when there are multiple discs and I've never noticed this happening before.

I re-added the PlayStation games but found they were gone again the next time I re-opened the app. After re-adding a second time they remained. I have probably closed the app down shortly after adding these games as they were the last thing I did on those respective nights. 

Thanks!

Apologies if this has been asked before, but I remember in a fairly recent update that the numbering system was changed so certain numbered titles would list correctly. I've noticed that when I've added the Touhou games, which the numbering can go Touhou 09, Touhou 09.5, Touhou 10 (etc.), the ones with decimal points in the numbering won't be listed until after the whole number games are finished. Would this happen to be an issue with how Windows numbers items?

On 2/15/2020 at 6:27 AM, nearvanaman said:

Hi. I have noticed (on beta 3) that games I have added to Launchbox are not there the next day - and I have to re-add them.

Two occasions this has happened are with Playstation (2 games) and Playstation 2 (1) games and, in both cases, the files were in a sub-folder of the games folder. I use sub-folders when there are multiple discs and I've never noticed this happening before.

I re-added the PlayStation games but found they were gone again the next time I re-opened the app. After re-adding a second time they remained. I have probably closed the app down shortly after adding these games as they were the last thing I did on those respective nights. 

Thanks!

Did you happen to close out LaunchBox via Task Manager at all? That's the most likely cause of something like this. We haven't changed any saving or related code in these betas, so if there is an actual issue, it's not likely to be a new one (and I'm pretty sure that we don't have an issue there).

On 2/16/2020 at 11:48 AM, TheNewClassics said:

Apologies if this has been asked before, but I remember in a fairly recent update that the numbering system was changed so certain numbered titles would list correctly. I've noticed that when I've added the Touhou games, which the numbering can go Touhou 09, Touhou 09.5, Touhou 10 (etc.), the ones with decimal points in the numbering won't be listed until after the whole number games are finished. Would this happen to be an issue with how Windows numbers items?

We have an item on our list to improve the sorting for decimal points. :)

1 hour ago, Jason Carr said:

Did you happen to close out LaunchBox via Task Manager at all? That's the most likely cause of something like this. We haven't changed any saving or related code in these betas, so if there is an actual issue, it's not likely to be a new one (and I'm pretty sure that we don't have an issue there).

Hi JC, i used X to quit rather than Burger|Exit. I have taken screenshots before I exit recently and see if I catch it happening again. 

Thanks, G

Okay, so my Wife @Haydee and I have been using the Retro-Bit Bluetooth SEGA Saturn controllers and seems when you hold the R and L shoulders together is when the game will exit. Not sure what mix of buttons my Wife did when button mashing, but when I held R and L together is when noticed it exited out of KEGA Fusion and 4DO so far. I already found it weird that these controllers earlier on kinda don't turn back on with the Home button unless you pair them again, but for some odd reason tonight they seemed to do okay with turning back on until the problem turned into one where it makes the game exit somehow. Retro-Bit told me on Twitter they are aware of the controllers not turning back on properly and are working on a Firmware update, but now I wonder on the LaunchBox/BigBox side of things as to what can keep the games from exiting if button mashing happens with these controllers

Beta 4 is out now with the following:

• New Feature: A new "Installed" field has been added to games, and the Steam Import Wizard will now let you import only installed games, only games that are not installed, or all games. Installed and Not Installed are also available for the new badges system.

• Improvement: A right-click menu has been added to the results of the Clean Up Media process to make it easier to check or uncheck selected items

• Improvement: The Clean Up Media process now allows you to move unused media into a folder instead of just deleting it

• Improvement: Theme developers can now both rotate and curve wheels in all directions in Big Box (both in the vertical and the horizontal wheel views). This is achieved via the CurveAmount and RotationAmount properties on the FlowControl, using negative values for opposite directions.

• Improvement: Badges can now be enabled or disabled en masse (rather than clicking each individual badge) with a new "Show Badges" option in the Badges drop down menu

• Improvement: The default sort order has been improved to better deal with numbers that are not separated by spaces and numbers with decimal point and comma characters

• Fixed: Add to Playlist in Big Box was showing auto-populated and auto-generated playlists in the list

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Jason Carr said:
  • Improvement: Theme developers can now both rotate and curve wheels in all directions in Big Box (both in the vertical and the horizontal wheel views). This is achieved via the CurveAmount and RotationAmount properties on the FlowControl, using negative values for opposite directions.

Great BigBox improvement!

How can we make the clear logos not get cut off by the invisible grid line when cycling through them? Using Grid.RowSpan pushes the entire CoverFlow downwards. Also is it possible to rotate in degrees the not selected clear logo?

Also the clear logos are now freezing my PC sometimes when cycling.

image.thumb.png.857c4532a0bc26c3888c24d9c3ffc261.png

Edited by wallmachine

15 hours ago, C-Beats said:

In Big Box Controller Mappings do you have the "Close Active Window" set to those bindings?

We were playing through LaunchBox, but seems I overlooked the Exit Game part as it was set something which is likely R and L on those controllers which I never even considered was an option until I just looked further down the list of Mappings. I'll try and take a look at how it comes out on BigBox later though since sometimes it seems controller commands in LaunchBox don't always do what is set in BigBox and the other way around. As I can remember we didn't have any games exiting when in BigBox with those controllers though

Edited by RULLUR