Jump to content
LaunchBox Community Forums
Jason Carr

10.11-beta-1 Released

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, wallmachine said:

working in the options menu and going 'back' really lags, anyone else?

No real difference than prior versions. Are you using a custom theme or one of the defaults?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Retro808 said:

No real difference than prior versions. Are you using a custom theme or one of the defaults?

Only happens for every custom theme. Tried Default no issue, copied Default made changes to one view and then lag starts occurring in menu options/platform/game views. Also noticed images are not swapping between custom themes even after re-caching from menu (this causes more lag), need to delete cached folder for correct images to display.

Edit: Sometimes on launching BigBox it will freeze in Platfrom view even on Default and you have to end task as you can't do anything.

Edit: After deleting the following everything seems to be fine now, except the clear logos still do not change upon theme change.

\LaunchBox\Data\BigBoxSettings.xml
\LaunchBox\Data\ListCache.xml
\LaunchBox\Images\Cache-BB

Edited by wallmachine

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for fixing up the decimal numbering. I've noticed that now the Touhou games are actually ordered with the decimal numbers first, like Touhou 09.5, then Touhou 09; same with 12.3, 12.5, and 12. Still an improvement as to where it was before.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/22/2020 at 8:05 AM, wallmachine said:

working in the options menu and going 'back' really lags, anyone else?

I kinda feel I've caught more lag since the badges, but I also think it may have to do with the specs of my laptop and my constantly updating everything and dumping the Cache-BB folder after every visit to BigBox since I found out how much Hard Drive space it was eating up after a while.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/21/2020 at 5:37 PM, Jason Carr said:

Beta 4 is out now with the following:

  • New Feature: A new "Installed" field has been added to games, and the Steam Import Wizard will now let you import only installed games, only games that are not installed, or all games. Installed and Not Installed are also available for the new badges system.

Also to note on this one that LaunchBox now checks the install state of a Steam game on startup. Would be nice for users running beta to confirm that is is accurately determining this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/21/2020 at 3:59 PM, wallmachine said:

Great BigBox improvement!

How can we make the clear logos not get cut off by the invisible grid line when cycling through them? Using Grid.RowSpan pushes the entire CoverFlow downwards. Also is it possible to rotate in degrees the not selected clear logo?

Also the clear logos are now freezing my PC sometimes when cycling.

image.thumb.png.857c4532a0bc26c3888c24d9c3ffc261.png

 

There's a box that the clear logo wheels are placed in, that you've defined in the XAML. You'll need to change that box (make it larger) in order to prevent them from getting cut off. Grid.RowSpan is only expanding downwards, which is why the CoverFlow moves down. You'll have to expand upwards as well to keep it centered.

Nothing was changed with clear logos. Not sure what you mean there exactly.

On 2/22/2020 at 6:36 AM, neil9000 said:

The scaling on the Steam import form is off with any Windows scaling other than 100% and means you cant see the bottom game in the list due to overlap.

Windows scaling 175%

1661051674_Screenshot(333).thumb.png.4545b144ed4bd92c5427df61343249d1.pngWindows scaling 200%

1269541840_Screenshot(331).thumb.png.fc8f2f3cca864880d2d94af928839710.pngWindows scaling 100% is fine but WAY to small to use.2137454911_Screenshot(332).thumb.png.3938b7daf3a8e0838d581d518945b8f9.png

Thanks Neil, I'll take a look.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/22/2020 at 7:05 AM, wallmachine said:

working in the options menu and going 'back' really lags, anyone else?

It's implementing all the changed settings. So a minor delay there is expected.

On 2/22/2020 at 7:14 AM, wallmachine said:

Only happens for every custom theme. Tried Default no issue, copied Default made changes to one view and then lag starts occurring in menu options/platform/game views. Also noticed images are not swapping between custom themes even after re-caching from menu (this causes more lag), need to delete cached folder for correct images to display.

Edit: Sometimes on launching BigBox it will freeze in Platfrom view even on Default and you have to end task as you can't do anything.

Edit: After deleting the following everything seems to be fine now, except the clear logos still do not change upon theme change.

\LaunchBox\Data\BigBoxSettings.xml
\LaunchBox\Data\ListCache.xml
\LaunchBox\Images\Cache-BB

That's a known issue. Clear logos have never changed upon changing themes. You have to clear the cache.

22 hours ago, TheNewClassics said:

Thanks for fixing up the decimal numbering. I've noticed that now the Touhou games are actually ordered with the decimal numbers first, like Touhou 09.5, then Touhou 09; same with 12.3, 12.5, and 12. Still an improvement as to where it was before.

That was not the intended results. It's working properly in the correct order in my testing, but @C-Beats is seeing some odd results there as well. We'll get it fixed, thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Beta 4

Can anything be done to make all of the lines visible for the results?  Every other line is not readable unless you click on the line.  Admittedly i havent used the tool much and honestly not sure if it's always been like this.  I tried with different themes and different font colors and get the same result.

 

 

clean up tool font color.PNG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, ed20910 said:

Beta 4

Can anything be done to make all of the lines visible for the results?  Every other line is not readable unless you click on the line.  Admittedly i havent used the tool much and honestly not sure if it's always been like this.  I tried with different themes and different font colors and get the same result.

 

 

clean up tool font color.PNG

Odd. It looks like your Windows colors are customized in a way that is not expected. What version of Windows are you running, and are you using anything to customize your Windows theme or colors?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Windows 10 home, version 1903.  Nothing other than windows display settings for theme.  Even went to a windows default theme and still have same issue.  I have attached the settings I started with.  i have since been trying different choices with no luck in making all the lines viewable.  When i do an audit, everything is fine, but not sure if that is due to the game names having the hyperlink.

display settings.PNG

display settings 2.PNG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

Odd. It looks like your Windows colors are customized in a way that is not expected. What version of Windows are you running, and are you using anything to customize your Windows theme or colors?

Im also seeing the same thing Jason, as you can see in this in process image the column names are almost invisible.

image.thumb.png.79568126401cd38fadc91afa52663374.pngIm on the current 1909 Windows 10 and am also using the dark Windows theme, no other tweaks.

image.thumb.png.c192c55407807385b23af12b9cbd05a9.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Figured I would check and I am seeing the same. Just running the Dark theme in Win10 1909 as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Jason Carr Thinking it is something in the Beta 4 update.  My arcade cab running a not so up to date Win10 on Beta 3 was fine.  I updated it to Beta 4 and now have the same faint rows as my main pc.

 

Rolled back to Beta 3, all is good.

 

Beta 3.PNG

Edited by ed20910
update and add screenshot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is your arcade machine using the dark theme also? It sort of makes sense that if you are using a dark theme and LB is getting the info from Windowsit would use the white text.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, DOS76 said:

Is your arcade machine using the dark theme also? It sort of makes sense that if you are using a dark theme and LB is getting the info from Windowsit would use the white text.

no it is running the old standard windows theme with all the visual enhancements turned off, the arcade machine wont take new windows updates for some reason and doesnt have the dark option, (havent dug into why cant update).  I didnt realize the cab was still on Beta 3, when i updated it to Beta 4, it has the same issue with the clean up tool.  As i mentioned above, it seems like it is an issue with the Beta 4 update.  Rolling back to Beta 3 shows clear rows like it is supposed to, even with the dark windows theme.  Using the "light" windows theme still has the same visual issue in Beta 4.  I tried different font colors in LB and in the windows themes to get the rows to be viewable but no dice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Beta 5 is out now with the following:

  • New Feature: Metadata for Steam games is now downloaded directly from Steam, and can be optionally prioritized over metadata from the LaunchBox Games Database (options are available in the Steam Import Wizard and the Download Metadata and Media Wizard). Metadata from Steam is available for Developer, Publisher, Genre, Notes, and Release Date.

  • Fixed: Steam Import Wizard DPI issues

  • Fixed: Number sorting issues

  • Hopeful fix for weird Clean Up Media coloring issues

The Clean Up Media color issues are a bit baffling, as I can't seem to replicate on my machine at all (and I'm even running in dark mode). However, I'm still running Windows 10 version 1903. I ended up hardcoding some of the colors instead of using Windows system colors; let me know if this beta fixes the issues for those of you who are seeing problems.

 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

@Jason Carr New beta fixed the coloring issue on my side. Thanks.

 

Screen Shot 2020-02-25 at 1.45.42 PM.png

I still see a really odd issue there with the blue background in the corners. It's like Microsoft is hallucinating... :/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

I still see a really odd issue there with the blue background in the corners. It's like Microsoft is hallucinating... :/

I see the text that i couldnt before now also.

image.thumb.png.6dd0a8b680b900d57394870eea8eca34.pngOne weird thing to add though. :) I deleted my Wii system yesterday in order to test this clean up media tool, ( it only had 9 games in it, so a easy platform to remove and run the tool) and it found nothing to remove, just run it again but selecting manuals and videos only as its quicker, and it still found nothing to remove, however this video folder says Hello!. :) 

 

image.thumb.png.ab3b487a7586b7174cc910cbc291f7dc.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...