LaunchBox Community Forums

BannerBox

faeran

@y2guru

Thanks for the fast response! So I refreshed all images and that did not work. 

For now I am just re-downloading all metadata and wiki info for my entire library, hoping that this may help the issue. After this completes I'll update you on the situation.

FOR THE DREAMCAST GAME: the name of that game in the Snipped image that is missing art is called "Musapey No Choco Marker".  (please see attached XML file for Dreamcast as requested)

Sega Dreamcast.xml

59 minutes ago, ricardobernal29 said:

Definitely... I had the same problem

My screen maximum resolution is 1366 x 768 ... so I can't use it.

@y2guru was more referring to that since this theme was created using his COMMUNITY Theme Creator, it should be scaling to different resolutions and still look relatively the same (to a point), as this is one of the functions that the creator provides.

@y2guru and @faeran 

UPDATE: After downloading all of the metadata, it seems the majority of my library has been fixed with that issue I showed before. 

HOWEVER, I still would love a response about that song or music in general in the platform lobby area that I asked about before. (the music from the youtube video of the trailer of this theme pack).

THANKS FOR THE HELP!

1 minute ago, itsturningred said:

@y2guru and @faeran 

UPDATE: After downloading all of the metadata, it seems the majority of my library has been fixed with that issue I showed before. 

HOWEVER, I still would love a response about that song or music in general in the platform lobby area that I asked about before. (the music from the youtube video of the trailer of this theme pack).

THANKS FOR THE HELP!

Hi @itsturningred, that's good to hear.

If you would like to learn how to create your own banners, you can watch the video I released on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtK2S7Owo8Y

You can find the music from the video here: https://whitebataudio.com/downloads/miami-sky/

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, faeran said:

@y2guru was more referring to that since this theme was created using his COMMUNITY Theme Creator, it should be scaling to different resolutions and still look relatively the same (to a point), as this is one of the functions that the creator provides.

But I have the same problem that had @petabyte ... I have the same screen image when I start and nothing I can do with keyboard.

He solved changing resolution to 1920x1080, the problem like I told is that my maximum resolution is 1366x768 so i can't use this theme. Nothing happens.

First of all, your theme is awesome...

I`ve watched your last video were you explain how to create custom banners, and i have a doubt about it...

Do the games need to exist on Launchbox DB in order to show the banners in the theme?

Lets say, for example, that i create a banner for a game that has no id number in launchbox DB. Do this banner show up inside the theme? Do i need to rename it to something specific?

Thanks for your work.

***Forget about It, i just watch your video again and found the answer.

Edited by kemakokos
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Hank7_98 said:

Is there a way to hide systems in BB?  Like a checkbox in LB to not show them in BB?  For example the systems where banners are currently not made?

In LaunchBox you could select your games, right click > edit > hide

image.thumb.png.dc4e3f9f6947a082eb1ec36981e541bb.png

Or you can make your own banners. I created a video to show people how: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtK2S7Owo8Y

32 minutes ago, faeran said:

if you hide all the games within a platform, it will hide the platform as well.

The other option, while launchbox/big box is closed.  Move the system platform.xml (example Arcade.xml) out of the Data/Platforms folder.  Next time LB/BB opens, the system will not be there.  Once you have a banner or want the system back, just put the .xml back in the Data folder.  When moving .xml files in/out of the Data folder, always make sure LB is not running.