LaunchBox Community Forums

11.7 Beta Testing

Jason Carr

1 minute ago, Retro808 said:

It does. I was just confirming what you posted.

However, that did catch me off guard that while in a theme if I made a change using mapped key/button it automatically made it theme specific. A prompt to apply to theme specific would be nice. Now that I know though it is not that big an issue.

Gotcha. Yeah, I can see that being the biggest area of confusion. We may want to provide an option for that. I don't think it'll make it into this release though, as I'm already adding this stuff last minute. So as long as everything is working as designed, we'll plan to release it on Monday. :)

14 minutes ago, wallmachine said:

I want to try these BigBox updates for themes but if I update I loose the functionally of certain plugins as they no longer work with newer BigBox and the plugin dev has been away since June.

See issue below from another user:

I will take a look here soon to see if there's anything I can do to fix the issues with WootLauncher without requiring any updates to it. We may end up being out of luck though.

@wallmachine Apparently the download is available; it's just confusing because it's not listed clearly what the proper download is. @kmoney clued me in.

So I actually got the HwndExtensions error message fixed by putting HwndExtensions.dll along with Microsoft.Expression.Interactions.dll and System.Windows.Interactivity.dll (the right versions) into the plugin folder, but the error messages seem to go deeper. It's not looking like it's going to be something we can fix.

4 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

@wallmachine Apparently the download is available; it's just confusing because it's not listed clearly what the proper download is. @kmoney clued me in.

So I actually got the HwndExtensions error message fixed by putting HwndExtensions.dll along with Microsoft.Expression.Interactions.dll and System.Windows.Interactivity.dll (the right versions) into the plugin folder, but the error messages seem to go deeper. It's not looking like it's going to be something we can fix.

thats a shame, down side or upside of plugins I guess. I hope you can implement what eatkinola has one day to rectify it.

Edited by wallmachine

So I figured out what's going on with the lockups on my dev machine. Unfortunately in beta 8 (with the new theme-specific settings features), I introduced a bug which is locking up Big Box on occasion. I'm working on a fix, but of course we'll have to delay the release until I get it figured out.

• Like 2

Just now, Jason Carr said:

Not that I'm aware of. Just did a quick test and everything seems to be smooth and quick. Is it still slower than usual?

It was, but I also thought it was a bad connection here too. Like once I submitted something, it just took forever to see the Status once I clicked that choice afterwards. Seems okay today though

• Like 1

One thing I noticed while I was hiding a few games this weekend on the Arcade platform was when you edit a single game and hide it, LaunchBox returns you to the top of the games list. It does not do this when you bulk edit and hide games, only when you hide one game at a time. If my memory serves me correctly I thought this was fixed a while ago if you had dynamic box resizing turned off?

11 minutes ago, kmoney said:

One thing I noticed while I was hiding a few games this weekend on the Arcade platform was when you edit a single game and hide it, LaunchBox returns you to the top of the games list. It does not do this when you bulk edit and hide games, only when you hide one game at a time. If my memory serves me correctly I thought this was fixed a while ago if you had dynamic box resizing turned off?

Thanks; I'll have to look into this after the release.

• Like 1

Beta 13 is out now with a fix for the freezes I was seeing only on my dev machine. As it turns out, it had to do with the option for certain themes to force 16x9, so it was only happening on machines that did not use a 16x9 monitor. Assuming nothing else major comes up, I'm planning to release 11.7 tomorrow. Any extra testing you guys can do would be appreciated. :)

Oh, also, @C-Beats put this fix in as well:

• Fixed: When changing a game's title via the Edit Game window, region-specific images weren't being correctly saved to their appropriate region folder

• Like 7

Hi,

I'm experiencing since the last betas frequent random lockups in Big Box when I enter in the game details.

I can see only the boxfront and it's impossible to exit from there. The ONLY solution is pressing 'X' to exit.

I've uploaded two images. One showing the lockup state (only boxfront), and the other what should be displayed.

I'm in Windows 10 Home 2004,  and I'm using the default theme and no plugins.

Wrong.png

Ok.png

2 hours ago, diedel said:

Hi,

I'm experiencing since the last betas frequent random lockups in Big Box when I enter in the game details.

I can see only the boxfront and it's impossible to exit from there. The ONLY solution is pressing 'X' to exit.

I've uploaded two images. One showing the lockup state (only boxfront), and the other what should be displayed.

I'm in Windows 10 Home 2004,  and I'm using the default theme and no plugins.

Wrong.png

Ok.png

Can you try reverting to 11.6 to confirm if you still get the issue or not? We haven't changed anything for the game details for this release, so I suspect that it's not related to the betas. Also, what specific beta are you testing with?

2 hours ago, diedel said:

I get the issue also in 11.6. it took me more time to reproduce it though.

Previously I was testing with 11.7 Beta 14.

wrong.png

Okay, good to know, thanks. Unfortunately I think this probably caused by outdated or flawed video drivers; can you try updating your video drivers and running all Windows updates? The other thing that it could possibly be is a conflict with a background application, but the first thing to try is to update everything.