LaunchBox Community Forums

11.7 Beta Testing

Jason Carr

21 hours ago, DOS76 said:

Hey is there anyway we can get a tweak to the image section when editing a game where if you remove an image it goes to the next image not to the previous one?

Yes... love this.  It's little usability tweaks like this that I look for more than anything else, including the big, flashy stuff.  Great suggestion.

• Like 1

I posted this in the wrong beta post. Sorry about that 

Updated to 11.7 B6 and the marquee screen option no longer works at all. Strangely enough the primary screen option above it does and allows me to switch the secondary screen (cabinet marquee screen) to primary. The screen used for marquee never changes when BigBox is open from the desktop background to the previously set marquee images. Changing the marquee screen option from 1 to 2 to none has no effect. This issue did not take place before the update from 11.6.

-- issue was quickly resolved by reinstalling 11.6 from the updates folder. 

12 minutes ago, slickrickstyles said:

I posted this in the wrong beta post. Sorry about that 

Updated to 11.7 B6 and the marquee screen option no longer works at all. Strangely enough the primary screen option above it does and allows me to switch the secondary screen (cabinet marquee screen) to primary. The screen used for marquee never changes when BigBox is open from the desktop background to the previously set marquee images. Changing the marquee screen option from 1 to 2 to none has no effect. This issue did not take place before the update from 11.6.

-- issue was quickly resolved by reinstalling 11.6 from the updates folder. 

Marquees working fine in my cabinets. I do not think anything was changed in the betas that would have affected it. At least looking at the notes. Did you try to reinstall beta 11.7?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Retro808 said:

Marquees working fine in my cabinets. I do not think anything was changed in the betas that would have affected it. At least looking at the notes. Did you try to reinstall beta 11.7?

Yeah it’s strange. Dropping back to 11.6 restores functionality of the marquee in multiple themes and platforms. It’s not an issue with marquee placement either. The program does not identify the second monitor as a marquee for me on 11.7 B6. I have not tried a fresh install though. I’m sure that will fix it was just sharing that it was odd especially considering the program will recognize it if you change the primary option. 

10 hours ago, Shivas said:

Hi, since beta 3 I'm having this error:, even on the latest b6, if I reinstall beta 1 (I don't have beta 2 to test), all works again.

@Shivas unfortunately this means that you were using a pirated or shared Launchbox license. You can fix this by buying a legitimate Launchbox license and replacing the pirated license in the Launchbox folder.

27 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

@Shivas unfortunately this means that you were using a pirated or shared Launchbox license. You can fix this by buying a legitimate Launchbox license and replacing the pirated license in the Launchbox folder.

Do we have permission to mercilessly ridicule people like this when they come here?

Come on...don't make me beg.

based on the product being sold globally and $75 USD being a lot of money if you are from certain countries I don't think its fair to mock people for trying to use this awesome product even though they may not be able to afford to do so legally. At the same time I can't fault management for looking out for their financial well being and enforcing their licensing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DOS76 said:

based on the product being sold globally and $75 USD being a lot of money if you are from certain countries I don't think its fair to mock people for trying to use this awesome product even though they may not be able to afford to do so legally. At the same time I can't fault management for looking out for their financial well being and enforcing their licensing.

It wasn't a serious request, I was joking.

That being said, if you can afford a computer to run LaunchBox and a library of games for it, I don't think anyone has to starve their own children to afford a LaunchBox license.

Nevermind, let's get back to the thread.

• Like 1

On 10/11/2020 at 6:13 AM, GreenGriffon said:

Do we have permission to mercilessly ridicule people like this when they come here?

Come on...don't make me beg.

On 10/11/2020 at 6:27 AM, DOS76 said:

Yes, please leave it up to the moderators to respond to issues like this. We have strict language in place to ensure that we only communicate the facts without ridiculing people.

Also, keep in mind that the cost of LaunchBox is not $75. It costs $30 for a regular license that works forever. It's only the updates that expire after a year. So the barrier of entry is still high for some people, unfortunately, but it's much less than $75.

• Thanks 1

And how many pieces of software offers lifetime upgrades at that price ? Not too many.

It's a niche market product which always commands a higher than normal price compared to a product aimed at a mass market. Also, no one is twisting anyones arm to buy and use Launchbox, there are free options out there for those that cannot or choose to not afford it.

37 minutes ago, Lordmonkus said:

And how many pieces of software offers lifetime upgrades at that price ? Not too many.

It's a niche market product which always commands a higher than normal price compared to a product aimed at a mass market. Also, no one is twisting anyones arm to buy and use Launchbox, there are free options out there for those that cannot or choose to not afford it.

Including LaunchBox itself lol...

Beta 7 is out now with the following:

• Translation updates
  • When removing images from the Add/Edit Game window, the next image is shown instead of the previous
  • You are now prompted to delete media when deleting platforms
  • Fixed null reference bug: https://bitbucket.org/jasondavidcarr/launchbox/issues/5631/launchbox
  • Preventing possible Music VLC error with corrupted music file (sending it out to debug log instead of UI error)
  • Extra logging to help with a couple of issues reported elsewhere
  • Possible stability fixes with VLC videos (for testing)
  • Like 8