LaunchBox Community Forums

11.7 Beta Testing

Jason Carr

19 minutes ago, diedel said:

Well, I normally have all updated. I just confirmed it now. Both Nvidia video drivers and Windows updates are up to date.

I'll also check possible conflicts with background services and apps. I can test also old versions of Launchbox.

Thx.

Also, make sure you don't have something called the Nahimic service running in your Windows services. That's a piece of software that's known to cause issues like that with a bunch of apps.

On 10/23/2020 at 6:16 PM, Jason Carr said:

I could be mistaken, but that looks to be a rather old version. What theme are you running and have you looked for an update to the theme?

has nothing to do with the theme. only for the plugin path and namespace name. This happens in every theme with the plugin. The dll of vlc is still not in the old place and the name of that dll is different which is still the new name. Needs to be the exact name and the exact location of vlc and the vlc dll before the .net core switch. New dll name is Meta.Vlc.dll and is in the core folder. Old dll name is Meta.Vlc.Wpf.VlcPlayer.dll in which if i remember correctly, use to be in the metadata folder. That's the only way his plugin will work with vlc and he's been gone for ages.

Edited by The Mask

@Jason Carr @C-Beats I see something weird after the 11.7 update. On the first screenshot look at the Total games count to the right, it's touching the edge of the screen to the right while it isn't supposed to look like that, as soon as I go to the options screen and back it reverts to the correct placement of the games count, see screenshot 2. If I'm not mistaken all the text is moving like 10 to 20 pixels to the right.

1.thumb.jpg.3fb5c50f3f6b221eff380634881d289c.jpg2.thumb.jpg.019918858bf3e8a47542d15b1b0a9ffe.jpg

On 10/29/2020 at 6:35 AM, Mr. RetroLust said:

@Jason Carr @C-Beats I see something weird after the 11.7 update. On the first screenshot look at the Total games count to the right, it's touching the edge of the screen to the right while it isn't supposed to look like that, as soon as I go to the options screen and back it reverts to the correct placement of the games count, see screenshot 2. If I'm not mistaken all the text is moving like 10 to 20 pixels to the right.

1.thumb.jpg.3fb5c50f3f6b221eff380634881d289c.jpg2.thumb.jpg.019918858bf3e8a47542d15b1b0a9ffe.jpg

That is pretty strange. I just tested the theme and all seems to work fine for me. I do have the gap on the right on my machine. I don't know how this release would have tweaked anything that would have changed that, so I'm guessing it must somehow be unrelated. Have you changed resolutions or anything like that recently? Have you rebooted to check if it's still the same?

On 10/29/2020 at 6:21 AM, The Mask said:

has nothing to do with the theme. only for the plugin path and namespace name. This happens in every theme with the plugin. The dll of vlc is still not in the old place and the name of that dll is different which is still the new name. Needs to be the exact name and the exact location of vlc and the vlc dll before the .net core switch. New dll name is Meta.Vlc.dll and is in the core folder. Old dll name is Meta.Vlc.Wpf.VlcPlayer.dll in which if i remember correctly, use to be in the metadata folder. That's the only way his plugin will work with vlc and he's been gone for ages.

Newer versions of those themes use newer versions of those plugins, iirc. I know some of the themes that use eatkinola's plugins work fine (all of the ones that are available in the Themes Manager do). I think it may be though that the themes that use the video playback features of eatkinola's plugins are broken. Unfortunately there's not a whole lot we can do to fix that without eatkinola's code.

52 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

That is pretty strange. I just tested the theme and all seems to work fine for me. I do have the gap on the right on my machine. I don't know how this release would have tweaked anything that would have changed that, so I'm guessing it must somehow be unrelated. Have you changed resolutions or anything like that recently? Have you rebooted to check if it's still the same?

I use the alternative version of the theme called "alt views", I haven't changed resolution and it's still happening after reboot. I'll go try reinstalling the theme to see if that resolves it.

3 minutes ago, Mr. RetroLust said:

I use the alternative version of the theme called "alt views", I haven't changed resolution and it's still happening after reboot. I'll go try reinstalling the theme to see if that resolves it.

I'm not seeing the issue with the "Alt Views" version either, so I'm at a loss. What version did you use before that did not have the issue? Can you test to see if it's changed now?

27 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

I'm not seeing the issue with the "Alt Views" version either, so I'm at a loss. What version did you use before that did not have the issue? Can you test to see if it's changed now?

I used 11.6 before this, I'll reinstall the theme first (tomorrow) to see if that changes it, if it doesn't i'll test 11.6. again, it's probably something in my setup since i'm the only one seeing this lol ;)

Im not sure if this is related to recent theme changes or not, but figured id post here. I just downloaded a new theme from the download section.

It loads up just fine when selected and i see the platform view and with some animations, however as soon as i try to move the wheel Bigbox freezes for a few seconds and then drops me to the desktop with no crash error. I just tested it twice and had the same results both times.

Logs below.

Debug 2020-10-30 06-43-18 PM.log

Debug 2020-10-30 06-46-11 PM.log

22 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

Im not sure if this is related to recent theme changes or not, but figured id post here. I just downloaded a new theme from the download section.

It loads up just fine when selected and i see the platform view and with some animations, however as soon as i try to move the wheel Bigbox freezes for a few seconds and then drops me to the desktop with no crash error. I just tested it twice and had the same results both times.

Logs below.

Debug 2020-10-30 06-43-18 PM.log 54.17 kB · 0 downloads

Debug 2020-10-30 06-46-11 PM.log 21.95 kB · 0 downloads

I'll look into this further, but I get the same crash when I use that theme, so I suspect that it's somehow related to the theme.

I've tried changing views, reinstall themes but the problem is still there for both versions of the theme, i'm a bit afraid to roll back a version as I haven't done that before (really don't want to mess anything up) but I know for sure I didn't saw this in 11.6, anyway it's not a big problem as it's only on restarting BB I see the shifting but as soon as I go into options or simply to the game views and back it displays as it should again.

1 hour ago, Retro808 said:

@Mr. RetroLust Just go into your updates folder and run the 11.6 installer. It will not alter any settings. Just make sure it installs in the right folder. Some users do not check it when it shows where it is installing and it ends up in a \Launchbox\Launchbox folder. 

I do trust your advice but I rather not lol i'm really scared to mess anything up. ?

Using 11.7.

I'm not able to import 100 of 130 roms into launchbox. They are MAME 0.225 roms. 

Force import duplicate games is selected. Everything else is deselected. Launchbox always only allows the same 34 files in and ignores 100 of the others.

Even if i select import as none of the above, I get the same result. Am I suddenly doing something wrong? This wasn't an issue under 11.6 when I imported MAME 0.224 roms.

Edited by mcfilmmakers

9 hours ago, mcfilmmakers said:

Using 11.7.

I'm not able to import 100 of 130 roms into launchbox. They are MAME 0.225 roms. 

Force import duplicate games is selected. Everything else is deselected. Launchbox always only allows the same 34 files in and ignores 100 of the others.

Even if i select import as none of the above, I get the same result. Am I suddenly doing something wrong? This wasn't an issue under 11.6 when I imported MAME 0.224 roms.

Why are you manually importing MAME roms like that if its a 0.225 set in the first place? As far as i know the MAME importer wasnt touched from 11.6 to 11.7  either, so its unlikely its a change to Launchbox. I have a full 0.225 romset imported just fine here so the fullset importer works just fine. Are you sure these games are being ignored and not merged? if they have very similar names as clones would have to there parents, and you are not importing them with the "use MAME metadata" box checked in the import wizard then this could be a issue.

2 hours ago, neil9000 said:

Why are you manually importing MAME roms like that if its a 0.225 set in the first place? As far as i know the MAME importer wasnt touched from 11.6 to 11.7  either, so its unlikely its a change to Launchbox. I have a full 0.225 romset imported just fine here so the fullset importer works just fine. Are you sure these games are being ignored and not merged? if they have very similar names as clones would have to there parents, and you are not importing them with the "use MAME metadata" box checked in the import wizard then this could be a issue.

I really don't like that it's called MAME fullset importer... I don't have a fullset so it throws me off every single time.
That said, the fullset importer imports 0 games.

So i HAVE to use the regular import:
Import as roms
Platform: Temp
Scape As: none
Emulator: MAME
Use file sin current location
Search for game info in LBGD checked
Import all media
Force import duplicates
Import all clones
Skip nothing

Finds only 34 out of 130 roms.

If I drag the files into launchbox and import as none of the above using the same settings as above, I get the same result. Disabling search for game info gives the same result.

38 minutes ago, JoeViking245 said:

With all else equal, shouldn't this be Scrape As: Arcade?

Yes, but it doesn't change anything. Even set to arcade it doesn't import them and it shouldn't matter what I import as anyway, that's just to find metadata, not for actual importing. I left it as none to eliminate it as a possible reason is didn't import but the result is always the same.