LaunchBox Community Forums

11.7 Beta Testing

Jason Carr

I must say, the "move forward" when editing images is a game changer. Is there any way we can get a "play trailer" link in the context menu for games that have a video in the "trailers" folder. Ive been adding each and every single one as a additional app this entire time, would be nice to see it added in the future. I use the clips as my main video, and i use commercials/trailers as a secondary means of media.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, joshchawks said:

I must say, the "move forward" when editing images is a game changer. Is there any way we can get a "play trailer" link in the context menu for games that have a video in the "trailers" folder. Ive been adding each and every single one as a additional app this entire time, would be nice to see it added in the future. I use the clips as my main video, and i use commercials/trailers as a secondary means of media.

Feature request should be submitted using our bitbucket site as the beta thread is for troubleshooting betas.

At the top of the forum under "Help & Support" is a request a feature link. Post your request there. Then I recommend under the "Features" sub forum here post a thread about it and a link to the bitbucket. The more votes you can drive to it the better chance of implementation.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Rincewind said:

anyone else having problems changing views in themes with the new beta release?

I've noticed a long-standing issue with changing theme views where after a certain number of times, they just don't seem to cycle properly. I can't explain it better than this, but after several key presses, the view seems to get "stuck" on a few views rather than cycling through the next in line.

I don't make any modifications to LB or use any plugins.

• Like 2

On 10/16/2020 at 4:57 PM, The Mask said:

@Jason Carr Can you add an optional download for a launchbox module that adds VLC in the old location as well as keeping vlc in the new location so that certain aspects of eatkinola's plugin can still function? I don't think he's coming back any time soon.

Ugh, didn't think about the fact that that would mess up those plugins. All I did was remove the x64 subfolder, which is not really necessary. I'll put it back into the old location for the next beta.

On 10/16/2020 at 7:53 PM, joshchawks said:

We could use some extra video playback features in LaunchBox (and probably Big Box) now that we have all the new video types and such. I'll add that to the list for the next community poll.

• Like 3

Beta 9 is out now with the following:

• Fixed a bug with marquee screens not working correctly (introduced in a previous beta)
  • Fixed the Big Box platform views not switching properly bug (introduced in a previous beta)
  • Translation updates
  • Hopeful fix for very rare crashes caused by disposing VLC videos incorrectly
  • Fix for a potential memory leak in LaunchBox when game details videos are disabled
  • Like 6

6 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

Ugh, didn't think about the fact that that would mess up those plugins. All I did was remove the x64 subfolder, which is not really necessary. I'll put it back into the old location for the next beta.

We could use some extra video playback features in LaunchBox (and probably Big Box) now that we have all the new video types and such. I'll add that to the list for the next community poll.

may need to do something with the newly named dll too as well as its placement. It needs the pre-dotnet core placement and naming.

Could not load type 'Meta.Vlc.Wpf.VlcPlayer' from assembly 'Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows, Version=11.7.0.9, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=97d6238f04304129'.

App:     Big Box
Version: 11.7-beta-9
Type:    System.TypeLoadException
Site:    Void Dispose(Boolean)
Source:  Ao.Bigbox.Themer.v3_9_7

at Ao.Bigbox.Utils.Media.MediaPlayer_VLC.Dispose(Boolean disposing)
   at Ao.Bigbox.Utils.Media.MediaPlayer_VLC.Finalize()

Recent Log:

6:08:37 PM Exception

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

Beta 9 is out now with the following:

• Fixed a bug with marquee screens not working correctly (introduced in a previous beta)
  • Fixed the Big Box platform views not switching properly bug (introduced in a previous beta)
  • Translation updates
  • Hopeful fix for very rare crashes caused by disposing VLC videos incorrectly
  • Fix for a potential memory leak in LaunchBox when game details videos are disabled

Stoked that you fixed the marquee issue. I thought i was going crazy haha. Thanks as always

• Like 1

Beta 11 is out now with the following:

• New Feature: When editing platforms and changing the platform name, you'll now be prompted to optionally change all the platform folder names, and also optionally migrate all media (from the poll)

• Some minor changes to VLC video playback that will hopefully fix some random crashes that certain users were getting on occasion

We could use some significant testing throughout LaunchBox and Big Box to confirm that the VLC changes don't negatively affect anything. Also, the new Add/Edit Platform window (with the associated batch editing features) could also use some extended testing. :)

• Like 5

27 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

Beta 11 is out now with the following:

• New Feature: When editing platforms and changing the platform name, you'll now be prompted to optionally change all the platform folder names, and also optionally migrate all media (from the poll)

• Some minor changes to VLC video playback that will hopefully fix some random crashes that certain users were getting on occasion

We could use some significant testing throughout LaunchBox and Big Box to confirm that the VLC changes don't negatively affect anything. Also, the new Add/Edit Platform window (with the associated batch editing features) could also use some extended testing. :)

That's a great new feature. I've run into this problem a few times, and it's a headache to do manually.

Thank you.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, kmoney said:

I have been meaning to ask, but is the new feature that saves settings per theme suppose to save the views per theme as well or that feature hasn't been implemented yet? I was just wondering while I was doing some testing.

Views are saved per platform, so in order to save views per theme we'd have to save views per platform, per theme, which would get a little ridiculous. So as of right now we don't have plans to implement that. I guess we could do it, but only if you disregard different views for different platforms.

11 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

Views are saved per platform, so in order to save views per theme we'd have to save views per platform, per theme, which would get a little ridiculous. So as of right now we don't have plans to implement that. I guess we could do it, but only if you disregard different views for different platforms.

I must be confused then because I was under the assumption that the saving views per theme was the major advantage and top feature of saving settings per theme. I know for myself I don't hardly like to change themes that often because when I do I have to cycle through and change to my favorite views again which can be a timely process when cycling through numerous views on certain themes and vice versa when I go back to another theme. I know I would change themes way more often if the views were saved per theme for sure.

• Like 2