LaunchBox Community Forums

11.7 Beta Testing

Jason Carr

21 minutes ago, Drybonz said:

A friendly and humble reminder that I was actually responding directly to your comment.

OK. I think we can move on from this and back to what this thread is actually about. Please no more comments in this thread about this. If you have an actual beta related response feel free to post. Thank you.

• Like 1

On 10/11/2020 at 8:39 AM, neil9000 said:

@Shivas unfortunately this means that you were using a pirated or shared Launchbox license. You can fix this by buying a legitimate Launchbox license and replacing the pirated license in the Launchbox folder.

Are we sure this guy was using a pirated version?  I'm also getting this error message when I log in now.  Maybe there is a licensing issue?

32 minutes ago, Drybonz said:

Are we sure this guy was using a pirated version?  I'm also getting this error message when I log in now.  Maybe there is a licensing issue?

Yes. His error has nothing to do with logging in as you do not need to log in for the license to work. It is an error we know is specific to the license issue mentioned.

What is the error you are getting?

Actually, mine is saying I'm no longer licensed to receive updates... maybe I just don't understand what's going on with LB.  I was under the impression prices had been raised, but were updates also removed for people that don't pay more?  If not, then yes I'm getting that error.

I know you are upset that I said I didn't like the product pricing, but I hope you can see from the posts above that I thought I was reporting an error.  I feel like you guys need  to be a bit more understanding that people don't know what is going on with new messages, pricing, etc and don't know if things are working as they should.

I don't know how you think I am upset, I am only responding to you and we know that the error message that was posted by the other person is because it was a pirated license, I will not go into more details on that.

If you are getting an error please post the entire message you are getting so we can better help you.

The price change is not a new thing at all and discussing here in this thread is pointless and clogging up the thread with actual beta feedback. Any more posts in this thread or any  other posts about it will be deleted and if they continue after being deleted then temp bans will be handed out.

Edit:
If you have license issues then the email I posted above is the best way to resolve it, posting about it here on the forums is pointless.

No, apparently you cannot read.

I asked you not to post about pricing.

If you want to post beta feedback by all means please do.

If you have questions about license issues then email support.

Now I am done dealing with you, if you post anything not beta related I will simply delete your posts and if you still continue then you will be getting a forum vacation.

10 minutes ago, Drybonz said:

You literally just asked me not to post in this thread.  You also asked me to post an error message.  I really want to rip my own eyeballs out right now.  Please stop this.

I asked what error you were getting since you said you were getting the same error.

1. You cannot be getting the same error as the other user because you do not even know what his error is as it was removed from his post. We know what his error was.

2. If LB is saying you are no longer licensed for updates then that usually means you do not have a lifetime license and your one year is up. If you believe that is wrong, the beta testing thread is not the best place for it. Emailing support as mentioned is correct. License issues are best dealt with the support email.

Beta 8 is out now with the following:

• New Premium Feature: Big Box theme-specific options are now available, which allow you to change nearly every setting individually for each theme. They're available under the Big Box system menu; items that have been changed away from global settings values are noted with an asterisk (*). Overridden theme-specific settings are saved as BigBoxSettingsOverrides.xml in the theme folders.

• Fixed: The "Don't exit DOSBox when exiting games" option was inverted (recently introduced)

• Fixed: The Big Box PrioritizedPathSelector control was not working properly for priority #3

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1