LaunchBox Community Forums

12.6 Beta Testing

Jason Carr

12.6-beta-1 is out now with the following:

• Fixed: In rare cases, some cached images in Big Box were being incorrectly sized/stretched; if affected, please clear your Big Box image cache (introduced in 12.5)

• Fixed: The Big Box FlowVideo control (for theme developers) wasn't always stopping video playback properly when used in a platform view

• Fixed: When using the drag and drop import wizard and selecting "None of the Above", the options to import from the specified folder only and to use the folder name were missing

• Fixed: Additional applications from Amazon Games and Epic Games were not always showing up as a version in the context menu (introduced in 12.4)

• Fixed: Retro achievements weren't always being loaded properly in Big Box (introduced in 12.5)

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

Fixed: In rare cases, some cached images in Big Box were being incorrectly sized/stretched; if affected, please clear your Big Box image cache (introduced in 12.5)

@PiperCalls could you confirm this corrects the issues you are seeing in your horizontal wheels? Make sure you clear the image cache after upgrading or you won't see any difference.

Beta 2 is out now with the following:

• Improvement: The Export to Android feature now has support for exporting screenshots and videos (for the next upcoming Android beta/release)

• Fixed: Rare error downloading metadata and media for Steam games

• Fixed: Rare "The notification platform is unavailable" errors on some odd systems

• Fixed: Launching Xbox or Microsoft Store games as additional applications was sometimes loading the Xbox Companion app instead of the game

We're hoping to put out a bugfix release with these fixes later this week, so any extra testing you guys can do would be appreciated. :)

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Drybonz said:

LB had been very speedy for me for some time, but I'm noticing that things like selection and bringing up context menus have been very sluggish in the last couple versions... this is with the same basic database I've had for quite a while.

By chance, can you run a test and revert to an older version to see if things are any faster? We've had one other person suggest the same thing, but we haven't been able to replicate. My guess is that it's related to some kind of outside influence rather than the new releases, but I'd like to narrow it down.

I noticed a minor issue when downloading media on import or updating via menu. The Emumovies section (Image 1) does not offer screenshot options for "Game Over", "Game Select", "Game Title" or "Game High Scores". The Launchbox section does though (Image 2). But when editing a single game and downloading media those screenshot options do show in the Emumovies tab (Image 3).

emu_download.thumb.PNG.d63463009b64f0e416042cb1fa2aa5c1.PNG     lb_download.thumb.PNG.399663488a32a0fe4ed2b786b8b1eafe.PNG    edit_download.thumb.PNG.cbf2e0d44c7844b954d9aea5eca1d7f4.PNG

13 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

By chance, can you run a test and revert to an older version to see if things are any faster? We've had one other person suggest the same thing, but we haven't been able to replicate. My guess is that it's related to some kind of outside influence rather than the new releases, but I'd like to narrow it down.

Sure... are the older versions available for download?  Also, can I install an older version over my current version without losing settings, etc?

5 hours ago, Drybonz said:

Sure... are the older versions available for download?  Also, can I install an older version over my current version without losing settings, etc?

Old versions you have used are located in your \Updates folder. Yes, you can run an older installer over a current build. Just be sure it installs to the correct folder and not into a \Launchbox\Launchbox folder. 

• Like 1

I've noticed that the wall view in my theme seems to be running a bit less smoothly since 12.5, I think?  It seems to be something about the background transitions causing the app to stall a bit on selection.

I'm using the code from the included documentation pdf for that part of the theme, with background transitions set to fade. (and videos to quick fade)

Edited by crispy4000
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, crispy4000 said:

I've noticed that the wall view in my theme seems to be running a bit less smoothly since 12.5, I think?  It seems to be something about the background transitions causing the app to stall a bit on selection.

I'm using the code from the included documentation pdf for that part of the theme, with background transitions set to fade. (and videos to quick fade)

I so much agree with this. All the themes I have created with CTC run less smooth, even the sounds crackle when changing screens. Even with all BB Transition feature turned off. I went back to 12.4, then 12.5 and they run fine, but if I try an update, all the poor transitions and crackles re-appear.

Was searching Metadata and Importing PS3 stuff to where I had errors as if the games were no longer in the Games DB, so I closed it off and tried again later to open LaunchBox to search for Metadata on a PS3, only to get this pop-up Bug Report:

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

App:     LaunchBox
Version: 12.6
Type:    System.NullReferenceException
Site:    System.String (System.Object)
Source:  Unbroken.LaunchBox

at (Object )
   at AdapterProducer.MapBatchExpression(Object , AdapterProducer )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Search.LocalDbSearchResult.get_Platform()
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.ViewModels.AddEditGameMetadataPageViewModel.DbSearchResult..ctor(AddEditGameMetadataPageViewModel metadataPage, SearchResult result)
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.ViewModels.AddEditGameMetadataPageViewModel.QueryTraversalRules(List`1 reference)
   at ReaderIdentifier.FillFailureConfig(Object , List`1 reference, ReaderIdentifier )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.ViewModels.AddEditGameMetadataPageViewModel.<>c__DisplayClass282_0.VerifyTraversalReponse()
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeDelegateCore()
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Wait(TimeSpan timeout)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.InvokeImpl(DispatcherOperation operation, CancellationToken cancellationToken, TimeSpan timeout)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.Invoke(Action callback, DispatcherPriority priority, CancellationToken cancellationToken, TimeSpan timeout)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.Invoke(Action callback, DispatcherPriority priority)
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Threading.CustomizeBatchProperty(Object , Object , DispatcherPriority )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Threading.Invoke(Action callback, DispatcherPriority priority)
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.ViewModels.AddEditGameMetadataPageViewModel.ValidateFailureProduct(Object , DispatcherPriority )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.ViewModels.AddEditGameMetadataPageViewModel.UpdateTraversalRules()
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Threading.<>c__DisplayClass0_0.SortCommonException(Object )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Threading.<>c__DisplayClass0_0.QueryDrivenSpecification()
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

Recent Log:

12:22:05 PM Exception

Edited by RULLUR

On 12/18/2021 at 4:34 AM, The Papaw said:

I so much agree with this. All the themes I have created with CTC run less smooth, even the sounds crackle when changing screens. Even with all BB Transition feature turned off. I went back to 12.4, then 12.5 and they run fine, but if I try an update, all the poor transitions and crackles re-appear.

I've noticed this too. However, the jerkiness for me seems to be with the selected scale and selected offset properties. If I don't use those properties, everything seems to be pretty smooth.

Edited by bbweiners

On 12/16/2021 at 11:24 AM, Jason Carr said:

Sorry for the delay.  I did roll back to 12.1 and it was running normally for me.  No lag when selecting games or right-clicking for the context menu, etc...  I didn't make any other changes... just rolled back to the previous version.

Adjusted the Screen Transition to "Explosion", and the Options Menu in BigBox goes black to where I had to Windows key and close it out. Once I opened BigBox back up, there was no issue with a black screen

Edited by RULLUR