LaunchBox Community Forums

12.7 Beta Testing

faeran

10 hours ago, dreamy said:

@Jason Carr @C-Beats @faeran Guys i love the new Media Carousel and i have a question. Is it possible to make it so that the screenshot - gameplay is first and then screenshot - title? I can't find a setting in the options or GameDetailsView.xaml

This is based on your screenshot priorities. You can adjust this in Options > Screenshot Priorities

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Aevans0001 said:

Ok not sure if this is a bug or a new thing but why can i not add the default commands at the end, after "Path/TO/" ?  image.thumb.png.70fa28ea8c16a10a061d9f828cd248c4.png

If you are trying to type it into the field labeled "Sample Command:" it will not work. You have to type any command line parameters into either the "Default Command-Line Paramaters" field or in the same labeled field in the "Associated Platforms" tab.

@SqHd @Rlad - When you say the game has a manual but NOT the badge could you explain how that manual is added to the game? Do you mean you have a file in the games manual path, or is it a manual added as an additional application? If an additional application, what file extension is the file?

53 minutes ago, C-Beats said:

@SqHd @Rlad - When you say the game has a manual but NOT the badge could you explain how that manual is added to the game? Do you mean you have a file in the games manual path, or is it a manual added as an additional application? If an additional application, what file extension is the file?

Pdfs in the manual path, not all have the document badge though.

1875749350_Clipboard1.thumb.jpg.ed2fd8dccf783cd4994e643b273199c9.jpg

1758553322_Clipboard2.thumb.jpg.a1c23b39467ea2b365b6f3e56f95e871.jpg

EDIT: Just noticed If i go in and re-select the pdf they then show up.

Edited by Rlad

I know Retro808 had an issue with badge showing up and found that the path in his XML file wasn't the same as what was displayed in the Edit Game for some reason. I'll take a look and see if this may not be caused by something similar.

1 hour ago, C-Beats said:

I know Retro808 had an issue with badge showing up and found that the path in his XML file wasn't the same as what was displayed in the Edit Game for some reason. I'll take a look and see if this may not be caused by something similar.

I just looked at the XML, there are no paths for the manuals missing badges, if i simply click in the game manual path after the entry they then get added.🥴

1 minute ago, C-Beats said:

Yeah. I'm pretty positive I know what is causing this and will be corrected in the next beta release. Thanks for the report and additional information.

Is this related to the issue I reported about something similar happening with games installed earlier in the thread?

2 minutes ago, The Papaw said:

Is this related to the issue I reported about something similar happening with games installed earlier in the thread?

I don't BELIEVE so, but I can check. In regard to that issue how are you adding the Windows game where you see this issue?

7 minutes ago, C-Beats said:

I don't BELIEVE so, but I can check. In regard to that issue how are you adding the Windows game where you see this issue?

Going to Windows platform, click the Add button, pick the Launching on the left, then navigate to the Application Path and selecting the exe I want. After fixing/downloading meta and media, the checkbox for installed is white, rather than checked

Edited by The Papaw

8 minutes ago, The Papaw said:

Going to Windows platform, click the Add button, pick the Launching on the left, then navigate to the Application Path and selecting the exe I want. After fixing/downloading meta and media, the checkbox for installed is white, rather than checked

Hmm, that sounds unrelated then. You're issue is that apparently that value is changing at some point in your process. Installed by default should be null (black square) and so any value OTHER then that is typically either manually set or done by the install check for store fronts (which shouldn't be touching your manually imported *.exe)

20 minutes ago, C-Beats said:

Yeah. I'm pretty positive I know what is causing this and will be corrected in the next beta release. Thanks for the report and additional information.

If i remember correctly when adding some of these manuals i was just dropping them in the folder and they were showing up, apart from the odd ones which i'd then add through the edit window. Maybe those ones i dropped in the folder didn't get the paths added to the XML?

1 minute ago, Rlad said:

If i remember correctly when adding some of these manuals i was just dropping them in the folder and they were showing up, apart from the odd ones which i'd then add through the edit window. Maybe those ones i dropped in the folder didn't get the paths added to the XML?

Yep basically is the cause of it. I have it corrected already in development.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, C-Beats said:

Installed by default should be null (black square)

Would this be null?

WYLeYtAaq4.thumb.png.7d17763ad7fd4577c4e7e7acb9fee550.png

If you are adding a game manually, wouldn't you want this to be checked by default, since you've probably just installed the game and just want to add it to Launchbox?? Just curious

Edited by The Papaw

9 minutes ago, The Papaw said:

Would this be null?

WYLeYtAaq4.thumb.png.7d17763ad7fd4577c4e7e7acb9fee550.png

If you are adding a game manually, wouldn't you want this to be checked by default, since you've probably just installed the game and just want to add it to Launchbox?? Just curious

Yeah, that square is null. Nothing in the square is "No" and Checked is "Yes". We don't have it set by default because ROMs aren't "Installed" that flag really only pertains to PC games

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, C-Beats said:

Yeah, that square is null. Nothing in the square is "No" and Checked is "Yes". We don't have it set by default because ROMs aren't "Installed" that flag really only pertains to PC games

Gotcha, makes sense, thank you Sir, I'll just have to keep that in mind from now on....

5 hours ago, C-Beats said:

@C-Beats - Sounds like you already have a fix. Thanks! (It was the same for me; file in the games manual path.)