LaunchBox Community Forums

12.7 Beta Testing

faeran

Beta 7 is out with the following fixes:

• Fixed: Restored ability to use platform specific game marquee views
  • Fixed: Helped correct some of the issue regarding LaunchBox Game Detail's audio playing after the video closes
  • Fixed: Added more logic to avoid Uri errors while attempting to load a Game Details video
  • Fixed: Carousel preview items can now be navigated correctly using a keyboard
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 3

Not sure if it's just me or not.  But I just installed the latest beta (didn't try any of the other betas so not sure if this is new to beta 7 or not) and I don't see any of the mame high score leader boards in the game details section like it used to.  I checked my settings and I do have it set to show in the details, but I'm not seeing or, or not seeing what I might need to click on to see it.  I know I can right-click on a game and select to view the leaderboard that way, and that does still work.  But, it was nice to see the high scores in the details section at a quick glance.  Anyway, I thought I'd report it in case it is an oversight.

1 hour ago, CDBlue said:

Not sure if it's just me or not.  But I just installed the latest beta (didn't try any of the other betas so not sure if this is new to beta 7 or not) and I don't see any of the mame high score leader boards in the game details section like it used to.  I checked my settings and I do have it set to show in the details, but I'm not seeing or, or not seeing what I might need to click on to see it.  I know I can right-click on a game and select to view the leaderboard that way, and that does still work.  But, it was nice to see the high scores in the details section at a quick glance.  Anyway, I thought I'd report it in case it is an oversight.

On the details towards the top is a tab control that reads "Overview, Achievements, High Scores". We hide pages that don't have data so you probably won't see all 3 very often. Click High Scores to see the leaderboards.

1 hour ago, C-Beats said:

On the details towards the top is a tab control that reads "Overview, Achievements, High Scores". We hide pages that don't have data so you probably won't see all 3 very often. Click High Scores to see the leaderboards.

Ah I see.  The bug I found then appears to be that the tab only shows when you select the show alltime option in the game details options. If you select any of the other options the tab doesn't show :)

On 1/28/2022 at 6:21 PM, faeran said:

Beta 7 is out with the following fixes:

• Fixed: Restored ability to use platform specific game marquee views
  • Fixed: Helped correct some of the issue regarding LaunchBox Game Detail's audio playing after the video closes
  • Fixed: Added more logic to avoid Uri errors while attempting to load a Game Details video
  • Fixed: Carousel preview items can now be navigated correctly using a keyboard

Thanks. 🙂

Now my game preview videoes doesn’t loop audio after editing metadata anymore. Problem seem fixed.

Hi @faeran

Is it possible to have a Carousel Priority setting to specify the type of images and order to appear? I may not want the same screenshot / background priorities, i.e. I may want fanart to appear in the backdrop but I do not want it on the carousel itself.

Edited by Kevin_Flynn

57 minutes ago, Kevin_Flynn said:

Hi @faeran

Is it possible to have a Carousel Priority setting to specify the type of images and order to appear? I may not want the same screenshot / background priorities, i.e. I may want fanart to appear in the backdrop but I do not want it on the carousel itself.

For now, the only way to add images to the carousel is by adding to either Background or Screenshot priorities.

Having a specific Carousel priority option is something we have discussed, although is not in the immediate plans. 

I tested version 12.7 with two setups, a small one with almost 6800 games and a huge one with 70000 games, movies and paperbacks and more... the performance has clearly increased. Once again you managed to make LB piece better. Absolutely great.

Anyway, I think it's great how LB is constantly being developed. I've been there since version 8 and I'm happy to use the best frontend

• Like 1

Speaking of controllers, is there a way we can have dinput controllers function in button placement the same as an xinput controller in BigBox? Like I wanna be able to hit "Y" on my dinput Nintendo Controller and launch my games without having to press "Enter" multiple times. I know RetroArch does that just fine within itself, so I figured maybe the same can go with BigBox?

I liked the previous/old design of the "Game Details" sidebar - where video and screenshots were vertically one below the other.
Am I missing a special setting since release version 12.7 - or is it simply not possible to configure the new order for video and screenshots in the LaunchBox settings?

Now - since version 12.7:

game details sidebar - current.png

Previous versions:

game details sidebar - previous.png

Edited by GRKNZNGN

13 hours ago, GRKNZNGN said:

I liked the previous/old design of the "Game Details" sidebar - where video and screenshots were vertically one below the other.
Am I missing a special setting since release version 12.7 - or is it simply not possible to configure the new order for video and screenshots in the LaunchBox settings?

Now - since version 12.7:

game details sidebar - current.png

Previous versions:

game details sidebar - previous.png

You would have to switch to another theme, or copy and edit the default one, as this will be the new design going forward.

On 1/7/2022 at 2:39 PM, The Papaw said:

v12.7.1 - When I use the "Games Missing Media", allow it to check the metadata, then trying to update what it finds, say box fronts or 3d boxes for the 400+ games, it just hangs on "Initializing process" for me. Cancel isn't working right either. I can close LB and try again, does same thing. Anyone else? 

Untitled.thumb.jpg.b8d8dff9112933b89f3c1760e331dcc1.jpg

This still happens with the final release of 12.7 when the Windows platform games are selected (identified as a Steam or GOG game). Stuck at "Initializing process" - just selected "Clear logos" for missing item, but no go.

Not logged in in Steam/Gog or anything in LB options, just trying to download updated media from the LB database.

Updating media/metadata on any other platform works normally, my guess is that it's something to do with all the GOG/Steam/Origin/Epic etc. stuff. - that's the only major difference compared to other platforms. Doesn't matter how many games I choose 2 or 200, if even one is Steam/GOG (bringing the prioritize LB/Steam/GOG windows when starting the download media process) it gets stuck after it should start scanning the games:

1546944304_Nyttkuva2022-02-10105652.thumb.png.ee36c77d1384bc614adc963be2af7504.png

EDIT: Did some extra troubleshooting and I can confirm it's actually Steam games that are getting the update media/metadata process stuck - and it doesn't matter if it's from the "Games Missing Media" view or the Platform Category view. Chose only GOG games, and they went through normally. So even if one Steam game is selected this is what happens (only closing Launchbox is possible):

2048247488_Nyttkuva2022-02-10105652.thumb.png.cf541200c2d3658627762f13ec487d89.png

Could it be because it tries to sync my Steam account, but I haven't put those settings in LB's Steam options? If I search for Media/Metadata through the manual Edit process that works just fine:

505616681_Nyttkuva2022-02-10111047.thumb.png.d65d2cdcb26d9807cf7d4c2cc4ef3443.png

Edited by kurzih

On 2/9/2022 at 1:15 PM, neil9000 said:

You would have to switch to another theme, or copy and edit the default one, as this will be the new design going forward.

I tested many themes and in all of these themes the game details view same ...

Is there any documentation available on how to create own theme from the default one?

18 hours ago, GRKNZNGN said:

I tested many themes and in all of these themes the game details view same ...

Is there any documentation available on how to create own theme from the default one?

Based on your screenshots, it looks like none of your games have metadata. If that was unintended, you may want to download metadata for your games.

You can always use the Old Default theme, which still uses the old Game Details view.

To create your own custom theme:

• Make a copy  of the Default theme folder in: LaunchBox\LBThemes
  • Rename the copied folder to anything you want
  • Edit the files in your new theme folder

If you'd like to grab the old default's game details:

• copy GameDetailsView.xaml from LBThemes\Old Default\Views into the same location within your custom theme folders.

On 2/10/2022 at 4:00 AM, kurzih said:

This still happens with the final release of 12.7 when the Windows platform games are selected (identified as a Steam or GOG game). Stuck at "Initializing process" - just selected "Clear logos" for missing item, but no go.

Not logged in in Steam/Gog or anything in LB options, just trying to download updated media from the LB database.

Updating media/metadata on any other platform works normally, my guess is that it's something to do with all the GOG/Steam/Origin/Epic etc. stuff. - that's the only major difference compared to other platforms. Doesn't matter how many games I choose 2 or 200, if even one is Steam/GOG (bringing the prioritize LB/Steam/GOG windows when starting the download media process) it gets stuck after it should start scanning the games:

1546944304_Nyttkuva2022-02-10105652.thumb.png.ee36c77d1384bc614adc963be2af7504.png

EDIT: Did some extra troubleshooting and I can confirm it's actually Steam games that are getting the update media/metadata process stuck - and it doesn't matter if it's from the "Games Missing Media" view or the Platform Category view. Chose only GOG games, and they went through normally. So even if one Steam game is selected this is what happens (only closing Launchbox is possible):

2048247488_Nyttkuva2022-02-10105652.thumb.png.cf541200c2d3658627762f13ec487d89.png

Could it be because it tries to sync my Steam account, but I haven't put those settings in LB's Steam options? If I search for Media/Metadata through the manual Edit process that works just fine:

505616681_Nyttkuva2022-02-10111047.thumb.png.d65d2cdcb26d9807cf7d4c2cc4ef3443.png

We have not been able to reproduce this on our machines. 12.8 beta 1 is now out. You can try and update to that and see if that makes any difference for you.