LaunchBox Community Forums

12.7 Beta Testing

faeran

2 hours ago, Retrofrogg said:

Hmm...I thought I had fixed the "black bars at the sides of the video" issue by setting Previewbackground to "transparent" - that seemed to work and bars at the sides disappeared. Now I am noticing that for some video snaps, there are black bars at the top and bottom. When I open the video in VLC, these don't seem to be present, so I don't think they're part of the video. Is there another setting in the XML that needs to be changed to get rid of these bars?

@C-Beats Mentioned a fix for this a few posts back based on the same question @Mr. RetroLust posted.

45 minutes ago, C-Beats said:

No. Old Default is exactly as it claims, the OLD way of doing things. Because of that it will be left alone.

As I mentioned/requested before, will this code be made available so that the new details view can be implemented in other themes? Basically, I just want to update the LBPlex theme with this latest feature. Based on my personal experience, every time a new feature has been added to LaunchBox, this particular theme hasn't been updated, so I was just hoping to find a solution.

Just now, bundangdon said:

As I mentioned/requested before, will this code be made available so that the new details view can be implemented in other themes? Basically, I just want to update the LBPlex theme with this latest feature. Based on my personal experience, every time a new feature has been added to LaunchBox, this particular theme hasn't been updated, so I was just hoping to find a solution.

The xaml file gets pushed out fresh every time you open LaunchBox. You already have what you're asking for in \\LaunchBox\LBThemes\Default\Views\GameDetails.xaml

• Thanks 1

On 1/25/2022 at 1:57 PM, C-Beats said:

There are third party tools out there that can remove those in bulk to help with this issue.

Is this what you meant @Retro808 and @Mr. RetroLust ? If so, could you suggest any third-party tools? Does it still apply to my use case as outlined above - the black bars do not appear in VLC?

Edited by Retrofrogg

6 minutes ago, Retrofrogg said:

Is this what you meant @Retro808 and @Mr. RetroLust ? If so, could you suggest any third-party tools? Does it still apply to my use case as outlined above - the black bars do not appear in VLC?

I'm having the same issue as you are seeing as we both use the transparency option and both have emumovies videos. I haven't had the time to go deeper into this but I did find this link which I still have to try out: https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/366218-How-can-I-remove-custom-thumbnail-from-mkv-files

Though I don't think its a great solution for everyone that use my theme to go to this trouble. 

20 minutes ago, Retrofrogg said:

If so, could you suggest any third-party tools?

I used Mp3Tag to remove the cover from all my files. Any tool that removes "Cover Art" from a MP3 will typically work to do so. You don't need a video editor to do it.

8 minutes ago, Mr. RetroLust said:

Though I don't think its a great solution for everyone that use my theme to go to this trouble. 

Yeah, I agree. Unfortunately isn't much we can do to easily remedy this though. Thankfully most of the newer EmuMovies uploads don't have this thumbnail embedded in them any longer. There are systems that still have a large amount of these though (which is less than ideal). I'll keep playing around and see if I can find a better way of working around them, but I doubt it will make it in with the full release.

• Like 1

That seems to work, for some. I think many of the videos have the black bars as part of the actual video though....

However, it does seem like Emumovies now has some updated videos, so maybe emptying the Arcade video folder, doing a fresh grab from Emumovies and then removing all covers in bulk with MP3tag is the way to go!

Edited by Retrofrogg

25 minutes ago, C-Beats said:

I used Mp3Tag to remove the cover from all my files. Any tool that removes "Cover Art" from a MP3 will typically work to do so. You don't need a video editor to do it.

Yeah, I agree. Unfortunately isn't much we can do to easily remedy this though. Thankfully most of the newer EmuMovies uploads don't have this thumbnail embedded in them any longer. There are systems that still have a large amount of these though (which is less than ideal). I'll keep playing around and see if I can find a better way of working around them, but I doubt it will make it in with the full release.

Ah great I do have mp3tag as well, i'll give that a go tomorrow morning! Thanks :)

4 hours ago, Rlad said:

Just noticed this error clicking on some neo geo games.

Screenshot 2022-01-27 202824.png

I think this might be an unrelated issue from me copying over some old xmls when some got corrupt, if i re-add the videos they are working.

Edited by Rlad

10 hours ago, C-Beats said:

The xaml file gets pushed out fresh every time you open LaunchBox. You already have what you're asking for in \\LaunchBox\LBThemes\Default\Views\GameDetails.xaml

Wow! It was as simple as copying and pasting that one file in there, and it worked! Thanks a lot😁

Edited by bundangdon

Hmm...."open image folder" seems to be missing from the context menu when in the image section of the edit game menu? I think it used to be there, and would be a helpful thing to have.

Another issue; I don't know if anyone else notices this, but the green border around a selected game in the main window is very thin, and sometimes it's difficult to see from that window which game is selected. It might be helpful to make this border a bit thicker.

Also, when auditing the arcade platform, there are many image types listed, but perhaps the most important one - advertisement flyer - is missing.

Another potential bug - when selecting a number of games in the Aracade platform, and bulk downloading the advertisement flyer - front images, they don't all seem to download. If I go into one of those games manually, then I can download it and it appears.

Edited by Retrofrogg

On 1/25/2022 at 6:55 AM, Retrofrogg said:

@faeran understood - it was just an issue raised by @Mr. RetroLust and myself. My view would be that the PreviewBackground property should be transparent by default in order to not have those black bars appearing, but I'm not a coder and maybe I'm missing something! Regarding the fonts, you can change the colours in the Launchbox menu but I was referring to having custom metadata a different colour to the rest, which requires the xaml to be edited.

Edit: obviously I'm missing something, as changing the

PreviewBackground="Black"

to a different colour doesn't make any difference to the black bars. Also, it's not possible to edit the xaml to increase the margin above the carousel thumbnails?

Yes, this works, thanks! It would be nice if double-clicking in image in the carousel caused it to go full-screen (rather than having to move the mouse to the image window and double-clicking there).

Not sure if you ever found the answer to this, but I found that the way to get rid of the black bars for both screenshots and videos is to change PreviewBackground="Black" to "Transparent" and change "ForceVideoPreview16X9="True" to "False"

Hope that helps!

2 hours ago, Retrofrogg said:

Thanks @bundangdon - I'll look into that when back home. Is there a reason that those 2 things aren't set as defaults in the default theme?

No problem! Not sure what their reasoning was, but perhaps it was designed like that (originally) to keep everything more uniformed and consistent, so that everything in that area was kept at a 16x9 ratio, even if the screenshots/videos happen to be 4x3

Edited by bundangdon