LaunchBox Community Forums

12.7 Beta Testing

faeran

I'm on the latest beta (6) My custom Arcade Marquee screens are no longer showing. It's using my default for all systems. I had created custom ones in the Community Theme Creator for my Arcade systems. The themes are still there when viewed in the CTC 2.3, BB just isnt using them.  Any ideas how to fix this?

17 minutes ago, Steams71 said:

I'm on the latest beta (6) My custom Arcade Marquee screens are no longer showing. It's using my default for all systems. I had created custom ones in the Community Theme Creator for my Arcade systems. The themes are still there when viewed in the CTC 2.3, BB just isnt using them.  Any ideas how to fix this?

Check Big Box Options > Marquee Screen, and make sure you have everything in there unchecked, and that you have Screen Hardware Compatibility Mode set to None. Let us know if that helps.

8 minutes ago, faeran said:

Check Big Box Options > Marquee Screen, and make sure you have everything in there unchecked, and that you have Screen Hardware Compatibility Mode set to None. Let us know if that helps.

Thanks for the reply faeran, everything is unchecked and compatibility is set to none. Sadly, still not displaying them.

I just noticed that some of the thumbnails in the carousel seem to be very low quality/resolution. For example:

image.png.789de85f3d37b95d94e6e24c3345f1b4.png

You can see that the thumbnail for this screenshot is very blurry, but the actual image is fine. Is this expected? If so, could the resolution of the thumbnails be increased somewhat?

@dreamy I can see the release date at the top in your screenshot. The view could be edited to move it down next to the other data if necessary. 

@faeran - does it make sense to have the "overview" tab heading when there are no other tabs present? Obviously when other tabs are present it does, but when they are not then it may be better to remove it as it seems a bit redundant

Edited by Retrofrogg

15 hours ago, Retrofrogg said:

I just noticed that some of the thumbnails in the carousel seem to be very low quality/resolution. For example:

image.png.789de85f3d37b95d94e6e24c3345f1b4.png

You can see that the thumbnail for this screenshot is very blurry, but the actual image is fine. Is this expected? If so, could the resolution of the thumbnails be increased somewhat?

Good catch. On a roll this time round! This is because of how those items were scaled, I have changes in place to help with this.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Thornback said:

Am trying to install latest beta but it keeps downloading forever (300Mbit connection). It seemingly times out. Anyone else?

image.png.14fa738e93f1eb0d798d3ab80b0a0381.png

Front page explains what's going on. Is an issue in Beta 1 and 2 release. Hit cancel. Close LaunchBox and look in your updates folder. The installer should be in there. Just manually run it.

1 minute ago, C-Beats said:

Front page explains what's going on. Is an issue in Beta 1 and 2 release. Hit cancel. Close LaunchBox and look in your updates folder. The installer should be in there. Just manually run it.

My bad - thanks for sorting me out.

23 hours ago, Steams71 said:

Thanks for the reply faeran, everything is unchecked and compatibility is set to none. Sadly, still not displaying them.

Just curious. What are the dimensions of your arcade marquee screen? Screen resolution?

Edited by JaysArcade

23 hours ago, Steams71 said:

I recommend reloading the prior version it was working on and see if it is in fact this beta. i have tested several machines with custom marquee images as well as custom marquee themes and see no issues. So it would be good for us to know if reverting to prior LB version your images work again.

Are these just custom images in the Arcade-Marquee image folders or custom images using a custom GameMarqueeView.xaml?

40 minutes ago, JaysArcade said:

Just curious. What are the dimensions of your arcade marquee screen? Screen resolution?

I was able to work it out with @Steams71. It wasn't related to custom marquee screens.

30 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

I recommend reloading the prior version it was working on and see if it is in fact this beta. i have tested several machines with custom marquee images as well as custom marquee themes and see no issues. So it would be good for us to know if reverting to prior LB version your images work again.

Are these just custom images in the Arcade-Marquee image folders or custom images using a custom GameMarqueeView.xaml?

The issue is related to platform-specific marquee views. This will be fixed in the next beta.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Retrofrogg said:

@dreamy I can see the release date at the top in your screenshot. The view could be edited to move it down next to the other data if necessary. 

That's right the release date is shown at the top under the name of the game. However the "source" field for example is not in the details panel where publisher, developer, genre and so on are. Prior to the redesign of the game details panel, it was shown there.

2 hours ago, dreamy said:

That's right the release date is shown at the top under the name of the game. However the "source" field for example is not in the details panel where publisher, developer, genre and so on are. Prior to the redesign of the game details panel, it was shown there.

1 hour ago, Retrofrogg said:

@dreamy - you had asked about the release date also, hence my reply. The source field does seem to be missing, but I suppose you could add it to the view manually  if you know what you're doing. But it may just be an oversight on @faeran's part and might be fixable.

This, along with other fields were fixed in dev and will be available in the next beta. Thanks for helping beta test.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Retrofrogg said:

@dreamy - you had asked about the release date also, hence my reply. The source field does seem to be missing, but I suppose you could add it to the view manually  if you know what you're doing. But it may just be an oversight on @faeran's part and might be fixable.

You can indeed add source and other fields manually in the GameDetailsView.xaml. I managed to add it back to @Mr. RetroLust's Neon Deluxe Theme (which i am using). Thanks @Retrofrogg and @faeran.

• Like 1

Hmm...I thought I had fixed the "black bars at the sides of the video" issue by setting Previewbackground to "transparent" - that seemed to work and bars at the sides disappeared. Now I am noticing that for some video snaps, there are black bars at the top and bottom. When I open the video in VLC, these don't seem to be present, so I don't think they're part of the video. Is there another setting in the XML that needs to be changed to get rid of these bars?

image.thumb.png.8098bd20393a8245400506e7ed50b70c.png              image.thumb.png.bb96ed0572c90e6a48ad7cfa427c9700.png

image.thumb.png.13c2caa58d2f9c940c9b96218a7cd62d.png

Edited by Retrofrogg