LaunchBox Community Forums

12.10 Beta Testing

faeran

12.10-beta-8 is out now with a hopeful fix for the Big Box issues people have been seeing. We're hoping that this beta will be the release candidate, so any extra testing that anyone can do would be appreciated, especially regarding the Big Box issues reported above, the LaunchBox themes manager, and the new EmuMovies API.

• Like 6

Tested beta 6. Automatic restart when prompted is a great thing.

As for viewing similar, recommended and post games:

- if I don't want to view them?

- if I want to see only a list of these three

- I would like to see all the versions that are in the compressed games.

How to do?

Thanks!

12 hours ago, C-Beats said:

@erdybirdy53. Could you upgrade to beta let the app throw the error then close it? After could you throw your data folder (the whole thing) and the log file into a zip file and PM it to me? Both Faeran and I are having a heck of a time trying to replicate this so we can try to address it.

Sorry only just seen your message. I have upgraded to latest beta and all is working fine for me now. Thank you very much.

• Like 1

On 4/25/2022 at 2:03 PM, C-Beats said:

I only pinged Erdy but if anyone is having this issue and can do the same I'd appreciate it.

I had been getting the same issue as Erdy, upgrading to beta 8 seems to have resolved my issue as well. Will report back if it comes up again.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Crush said:

12.10 final release (free version) crashes when selecting Manage Launchbox Themes...

Thanks, yes. We discovered this shortly after release, that it crashes for free users. We're planning on putting a bugfix release out tomorrow to resolve it. Sorry for the trouble.

Found a minor issue with the theming in LB and the new related games sections.  With the default theme, beats and default plus (those are all I've tried so far), if you use the white dialogue theme the text is almost non-readable (very faint).  If you switch the dialogue theming to the dark theme, the text become white and properly legible.  Not sure if this should have been reported here or not, but since it's related to the new update I figured this was a good a place as any :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CDBlue said:

Found a minor issue with the theming in LB and the new related games sections.  With the default theme, beats and default plus (those are all I've tried so far), if you use the white dialogue theme the text is almost non-readable (very faint).  If you switch the dialogue theming to the dark theme, the text become white and properly legible.  Not sure if this should have been reported here or not, but since it's related to the new update I figured this was a good a place as any :)

We just put out 12.11 to fix the issues with the free version as well as a couple of other minor bugs and the above color issue. Thanks all!

• Like 3

Not sure if i should list this as a bug, Version 12.11,  Videos will not display on the Recommended Games and Similar Games popup gui, Sound only. If I click on the video window it them shows a play symbol and if i press play is does display the video with sound. Using the default them.

If i have the Recommended Games and Similar Games pop window open, and quite Launchbox the popup windows will not close when launchbox exits.

Edited by mamekid

old bug resurfaced. if you have launchbox games on boxart and have it so that it is big enough to display a game 1 at a time onscreen, launchbox freeze crashes.

when starting launchbox, the controller does nothing because it doesn't default to a platform. you have to click on the platform with a mouse in order to gain control with a controller.

Never mind. I found the culprit.
Reran all steps I changed and turns out the 'import mame software lists' plugin causes this erratic behavior in the scrape as list.
After I removed that plugin the dropdownlist shows correctly again minus the empty values.
Maybe the developers of that plugin can look at it and fix it in their new version. I was using version 4.04

4 minutes ago, launchretrogirl2562 said:

I found a little bug in version 12.11
When I add a new platform the 'scrape as' dropdownlist shows a lot of empty values. I have to scroll down a lot of lines before the values I am accustomed to show up.

I didn't encounter this bug when I was still at version 12.9

Launchbox - Scrape as Empty values.PNG

• Like 1

2 hours ago, launchretrogirl2562 said:

Never mind. I found the culprit.
Reran all steps I changed and turns out the 'import mame software lists' plugin causes this erratic behavior in the scrape as list.

I wish it were that simple. ;)  This erratic behavior can be reproduced without the (or any) plugin(s) being present.  (Only tested with version 12.11)

• Exit LaunchBox
  • Delete any and all plugins in the Plugins folder.
  • Start LaunchBox
  • Go to ToolsManagePlatforms
  • Click Add
  • Click the dropdown for Scrape As (everything looks OK)
  • Click Cancel. Click Close.
  • Go to ToolsManagePlatforms, Click Add
  • Click the dropdown for Scrape As 
  • Scroll down past the blanks until you start seeing the list of Default available Platforms

1 hour ago, JoeViking245 said:

I wish it were that simple. ;)  This erratic behavior can be reproduced without the (or any) plugin(s) being present.  (Only tested with version 12.11)

• Exit LaunchBox
  • Delete any and all plugins in the Plugins folder.
  • Start LaunchBox
  • Go to ToolsManagePlatforms
  • Click Add
  • Click the dropdown for Scrape As (everything looks OK)
  • Click Cancel. Click Close.
  • Go to ToolsManagePlatforms, Click Add
  • Click the dropdown for Scrape As 
  • Scroll down past the blanks until you start seeing the list of Default available Platforms

My God. You are right. I can still detect the error again.
Strange cause it did go away after I cleared the plugin. Thats why I assumed it as the culprit.
Anyhoo...none the matter...all about reporting the bugs so the devs can fix them I suppose 😉
Good checking of you JoeViking245👍