LaunchBox Community Forums

12.10 Beta Testing

faeran

Is anyone having issues with EmuMovies using v12.10.3 or is it on Emu side? I started getting tons of errors after updating to v12.10.3.

UPDATED: I noticed it seems to be mostly the video snaps, get 100's of these "timed out" errors:

Untitled.thumb.jpg.1f72b7f1cd2ab5366fc47328658e591d.jpg

Edited by The Papaw

Thanks LB team, the controller bug is fixed for me as well. Another quick question: has the default MAME command line argument been changed at some point recently? The reason I ask is because I currently have my ROMS and CHDs in 2 separate locations; both are set up as ROM directories within MAME itself, and games can launch fine from MAME standalone, even if the game has a CHD. However, when I try to launch any games that require a CHD in MAME thru LB, it doesn't load. I saw the "-rompath %romlocation%" argument in the MAME emulator command line. Could that have anything to do with it? 

3 hours ago, TheNewClassics said:

"-rompath %romlocation%" argument in the MAME emulator command line. Could that have anything to do with it? 

Yes.  Everything infact.

Order of Config Loading - The command line is parsed first, and any settings passed that way will take precedence over anything in an INI file.

Try removing that part from your Command Line Parameters.

• Thanks 1

On 4/2/2022 at 2:46 PM, The Papaw said:

Is anyone having issues with EmuMovies using v12.10.3 or is it on Emu side? I started getting tons of errors after updating to v12.10.3.

UPDATED: I noticed it seems to be mostly the video snaps, get 100's of these "timed out" errors:

Yup, having the same issue.

On 4/2/2022 at 11:53 AM, Drybonz said:

The related games feature looks pretty nice.  Where does the info for that come from?  Is it in the game metadata, or is it looked up online?

The metadata is local. However, if you are missing boxart, they do get downloaded from the LaunchBox Games Database.

On 4/2/2022 at 2:46 PM, The Papaw said:

This is an EmuMovies server issue. We will see what we can do about poking them about it.

On 4/2/2022 at 3:04 PM, TheNewClassics said:

Thanks LB team, the controller bug is fixed for me as well. Another quick question: has the default MAME command line argument been changed at some point recently? The reason I ask is because I currently have my ROMS and CHDs in 2 separate locations; both are set up as ROM directories within MAME itself, and games can launch fine from MAME standalone, even if the game has a CHD. However, when I try to launch any games that require a CHD in MAME thru LB, it doesn't load. I saw the "-rompath %romlocation%" argument in the MAME emulator command line. Could that have anything to do with it? 

If you import using the new MAME Arcade Full Set wizard, then you'll see that rompath argument, which helps user get up and running quickly, without having to open MAME or dive into any ini files first. Like JoeViking mentioned, you can either remove it from the command line which will then read your mame.ini file's paths, or add your CHD folder path to the command line. Either one will work for your specific case.

• Thanks 3

1 hour ago, TheNewClassics said:

Thanks JoeViking an Faeran, that is a good explanation. When I go to update the MAME emulator each time a new release comes out, is that command line going to automatically be put back in?

If you grab it from within the app it will be since we create a new emulator entry when doing so.

Trying the beta, not sure if this problem was present before but thought I should mention the Download Platform/Playlist Theme Videos dialog box takes an EXTREMELY long time to open/refresh.  Anyone else experiencing this?  Takes about 10+mins just to finish opening on my screen.

image.thumb.png.52da7019ce5a68a9e852b4cef6db51b6.png

7 hours ago, rodww said:

Trying the beta, not sure if this problem was present before but thought I should mention the Download Platform/Playlist Theme Videos dialog box takes an EXTREMELY long time to open/refresh.  Anyone else experiencing this?  Takes about 10+mins just to finish opening on my screen.

image.thumb.png.52da7019ce5a68a9e852b4cef6db51b6.png

Yes, i reported this on the first page of this thread.

image.thumb.png.4d9d7ccc3ff09ece52715d152198927e.png

1 minute ago, rodww said:

My apologies, must have overlooked that note... thanks!

No problems, just stating they are aware, but it seems to be a emumovies specific issue. They had been having some issues lately, but circo posted yesterday saying they hoped to have the issues sorted yesterday, not sure if they did or not, but might be worth checking if there are any improvements there.

• Like 1

Beta 4 is now out with the following:

• New Feature: A new themes manager is now built into LaunchBox that will let you manage, download, and uninstall LaunchBox themes
  • Improvement: When changes are made inside of the Options menu that require a restart, LaunchBox will automatically relaunch itself.
  • Improvement: New bindings for theme developers that will display controller information in both LaunchBox and Big Box themes
  • Fixed: Rare cases in Big Box's Wall Views where navigation was working improperly
  • Fixed: The Play bindings in LaunchBox custom themes was shown as unavailable with games that use the built-in ScummVM implementation

The big one here is the new LaunchBox themes manager, which can be found in the menu under Tools. With all new features, as much testing as you can do is much appreciated.

For LaunchBox theme developers, you can upload your themes here: https://www.launchbox-app.com/themes

Just like for Big Box themes, there will be a higher threshold of entry into our LaunchBox Themes Manager. Please continue to use the forums to release your themes and get the bugs out. Then, when you are ready, upload your theme to the Themes Manager. At that point, we may provide some feedback for improvement.

• Like 11

•  

Hi all, I am getting the following error after launching Bigbox on latest Beta 4 (please see attached screenshot). Can anyone help please? Thanks in advance.

Bigbox.jpg

•  

neil9000

4 hours ago, erdybirdy53. said:

Hi all, I am getting the following error after launching Bigbox (please see attached screenshot). Can anyone help please? Thanks in advance.

Bigbox.jpg

Expand  

Thats a theme issue, specifically Retrofresh - Detailed glass view, its saying it cant find a specific file its looking for in the Retrofresh folder, specifically the xaml, which is the actual view code. Can you verify that the specific file it says it cant find is actually there?

•  

erdybirdy53.

Hi yes the file is HorizontalListBoxItemStyle.xaml which shows in my file directory. I have attached screenshot to show this. This has only happened since downloading the latest beta. Thank you.

Bigbox.jpg

•  

erdybirdy53.

• Author

Ok just found out that if I launch Launchbox latest beta first, then launch Bigbox from there it works fine. But if I come out and go straight into Bigbox i get the error above. Weird. Hope that helps to troubleshoot. Thanks.

Edited 3 hours ago by erdybirdy53.
  • Like 1

Seems even after the latest Beta I'm having issues where I'm not getting every piece of media listed properly as seen in the Games DB. I've waited days to see if stuff makes it over to the next Metadata Update from the server, but doesn't appear listed with what can be seen in the Games DB's URL. EmuMovies still takes forever to get connected to, and then after it connects and you check what you want and hit Download is when you get an error saying things timed out to where even some of the stuff you checked off don't make it through. Thought it was just an EmuMovies thing, but even things in the Launchbox Game DB aren't being listed even after several days of them being seen on site.

Edited by RULLUR