LaunchBox Community Forums

12.10 Beta Testing

faeran

Just now, Madman_DE said:

I use default theme. If it helps there is a difference between selecting a game and right clicking it afterwards and right-clicking an unselected game.

The context menu fades in but the fade in effect hangs until the game details are fully loaded.

Unbenannt-1.png

Yeah i see the fade here myself, but its almost instant to switch to a usable menu, videos do take a little longer to play in the game details bar though, in fact they start out black with audio, and after 2-3 seconds the video part of the file catches up, but as i say the right click menu is less than a second.

2 hours ago, Madman_DE said:

I use default theme. If it helps there is a difference between selecting a game and right clicking it afterwards and right-clicking an unselected game.

The context menu fades in but the fade in effect hangs until the game details are fully loaded.

Unbenannt-1.png

Yeah, I always use Default on both LaunchBox and BigBox. Seemed like maybe after opening LaunchBox and on the first try of right-clicking a game is when it gets that way about buffering to an unresponsive state, but I guess after that first attempt it doesn't get like that anymore? BigBox seems a bit slower now too.

That other part of right-clicking to see "Open ..." not there until you right-click again is super-annoying too. I'm just glad someone other than me is making it known because sometimes it feels like if it's just one person with some issue, then it doesn't get taken as seriously in response or worked on as quickly. I mean it makes sense to tackle the issues most people are speaking of at the moment though, but it definitely does suck if a feature you often use is acting up with no immediate help around until it just does 

Beta 2 has been released with the following:

• New Feature - Related Games has been added to Big Box. It can be accessed via the Game Details menu
  • Fixed - The View Achievements pop-up within the Pause Screens was improperly displaying the tab item headers
  • Fixed - Opening the Edit Emulator window would clear settings for some emulators (introduced in 12.10 beta 1)
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Unusual Gem 1

Think I got the same as Rlad. Couldn't control Related Games with the controller and then it errored out: 

The calling thread cannot access this object because a different thread owns it.

App:     Big Box
Version: 12.10-beta-2
Type:    System.InvalidOperationException
Site:    Void VerifyAccess()
Source:  WindowsBase

at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.VerifyAccess()
   at System.Windows.DependencyObject.GetValue(DependencyProperty dp)
   at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.Selector.get_SelectedItem()
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.BigBox.ViewModels.RelatedGamesPopupViewModel.IncludeReg(Object )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.BigBox.ViewModels.RelatedGamesPopupViewModel.OnDown(Boolean held, Boolean onlyDownPressed)
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.BigBox.ViewModels.MainViewModel.OnDown(Boolean onlyDownPressed)
   at GlobalClient.FlushPage(Object , Boolean disposing, GlobalClient )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.BigBox.ViewModels.MainViewModel.AddVisitor(Guid param)
   at MapperWrapper.FlushPage(Object , Guid key, MapperWrapper )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.BigBox.ViewModels.MainViewModel.<>c__DisplayClass345_1.ManageMapper()
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Rlad said:

Lost controller function and got this error in BB Related Games.

Screenshot 2022-03-31 231200.png

13 hours ago, TheNewClassics said:

Think I got the same as Rlad. Couldn't control Related Games with the controller and then it errored out: 

The calling thread cannot access this object because a different thread owns it.

App:     Big Box
Version: 12.10-beta-2
Type:    System.InvalidOperationException
Site:    Void VerifyAccess()
Source:  WindowsBase

at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.VerifyAccess()
   at System.Windows.DependencyObject.GetValue(DependencyProperty dp)
   at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.Selector.get_SelectedItem()
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.BigBox.ViewModels.RelatedGamesPopupViewModel.IncludeReg(Object )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.BigBox.ViewModels.RelatedGamesPopupViewModel.OnDown(Boolean held, Boolean onlyDownPressed)
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.BigBox.ViewModels.MainViewModel.OnDown(Boolean onlyDownPressed)
   at GlobalClient.FlushPage(Object , Boolean disposing, GlobalClient )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.BigBox.ViewModels.MainViewModel.AddVisitor(Guid param)
   at MapperWrapper.FlushPage(Object , Guid key, MapperWrapper )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.BigBox.ViewModels.MainViewModel.<>c__DisplayClass345_1.ManageMapper()
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

Thanks! We'll have this fixed for the next beta.

• Like 1

Hey Guys,

The new related games list is really cool. Thanks for that! Is there any chance that it will be at all customizable in BigBox as far as how it looks? The ability to make it fullscreen/custom size, change colors, etc...

Thanks for all you do!

• Like 1

I've implemented this feature in a new theme I'm developing and when I'm testing for robustness I'm noticing a huge performance drop after a while in LaunchBox to the point it's almost freezing. I think the main reason why it's noticeable in my theme is because I'm not displaying the feature in a separate tab but below other game details (below notes) so it loads pretty much immediately when a game details view is initiated.

What I did to test this in my theme: (with Details bar open) select a game (in Box view), use cursor keys to navigate quickly through other games, select another platform, select and run a game and exit the game, navigate to another platform etc. and soon LaunchBox starts to lag.

Another minor issue that came up is that I'm having trouble changing the alignment of the thumbnail images (no deal breaker). It seems that it wants to stay horizontal and vertical centred. Maybe because it loads a placeholder image first?

Also maybe there should be an options in de Details option panel to turn the whole feature off? (Like with e.g. achievements). I can think of a couple of reasons why a user doesn't want to have this feature enabled. (e.g. like not being tempted to buy more games because they want to catch up on their backlog ;) )

I'm using the second beta that came out today btw.

Edited by shadowfire

5 minutes ago, shadowfire said:

I've implemented this feature in a new theme I'm developing and when I'm testing for robustness I'm noticing a huge performance drop after a while in LaunchBox to the point it's almost freezing. I think the main reason why it's noticeable in my theme is because I'm not displaying the feature in a separate tab but below other game details (below notes) so it loads pretty much immediately when a game details view is initiated.

This GREATLY depends on the ItemsControl/Panel you're using to display the items. If it isn't virtualized you will hit some pretty nasty bottlenecks. Feel free to PM for assistance on how to get your theme properly virtualized if you're unsure how.

2 hours ago, bbweiners said:

Hey Guys,

The new related games list is really cool. Thanks for that! Is there any chance that it will be at all customizable in BigBox as far as how it looks? The ability to make it fullscreen/custom size, change colors, etc...

Thanks for all you do!

The first release won't have theming capabilities in Big Box, but the plan is to eventually allow for this in the future.

• Like 1

@C-Beats I found an error related with my favorites list,

Steps to reproduce error:

1- Create a list for Favorites Games and put as in your platform view

2- Enter in BigBox, enter in a platform a mark a game as favorite

3-Go you Favorites list, select a game a remove favorite.

4-Exite platform view, and enter again in your favorite view

image.thumb.png.248ccedaf66bc1403c9b422e8959190f.png

if you need some information, feel free to ask me

24 minutes ago, Aiwer said:

@C-Beats I found an error related with my favorites list,

Steps to reproduce error:

1- Create a list for Favorites Games and put as in your platform view

2- Enter in BigBox, enter in a platform a mark a game as favorite

3-Go you Favorites list, select a game a remove favorite.

4-Exite platform view, and enter again in your favorite view

image.thumb.png.248ccedaf66bc1403c9b422e8959190f.png

if you need some information, feel free to ask me

Want to take that to the community theme creator thread for y2guru to take a look at. Pretty positive that's his plugin throwing the error.

1 hour ago, C-Beats said:

Want to take that to the community theme creator thread for y2guru to take a look at. Pretty positive that's his plugin throwing the error.

It is indeed a plugin problem, with the standard theme it works perfectly.
Thanks for telling me where the bug was

1 hour ago, C-Beats said:

3 minutes ago, Aiwer said:

It is indeed a plugin problem, with the standard theme it works perfectly.
Thanks for telling me where the bug was

Speaking of this, i see in the error above the "Source" was the COMMUNITYc159, is that something y2guru added to more easily bug test, or do all plugins that error give that in source? Just curious as when i have tried to troubleshoot many issues in the past where it turned out a plugin was involved, but it was more buried in the error than the one above.