LaunchBox Community Forums

12.10 Beta Testing

faeran

8 hours ago, vahn65 said:

Hi all, I have noticed since updating my emulators location won't save and thusly they do not properly function.

Typically when settings don't save it's because of their being extra files in the Data folder that don't belong. I'd make sure you don't have backup files in your data folder that shouldn't be there.

6 hours ago, fraganator said:

Yeah, I did a bit more testing and it appears the Related Games results won't return any game with the same database ID, regardless of the search criteria used (such as platform not equal or region not equal). Which is understandable, as the related games lists probably shouldn't show the game itself.

I wonder if it could it be tweaked so if the game is being compared against local games, then the game's GUID is used to exclude itself from the result list, rather than the database ID? The database ID would obviously still be used to match against the database. Or perhaps an option to allow duplicate database IDs in the search results.

You are correct in the assessment that the same DB ID is only compared once. We do this so that if you have a game locally, THAT metadata is used and NOT the DB item (and it's metadata). I'm not really sure I see that logic changing unfortunately. I can understand potentially why you'd like to do what you're doing but this feature was designed with the mindset that you'd only want to see each game once, and what you're doing is asking to see the same game several times in the panel which is counter to that logic.

9 hours ago, SqHd said:

Really cool feature! Especially enjoying when I include just the games in my library.

I checked the achievements menu while playing a game and it still has formatting issues with the 2 sections. Either they don't exist or are doubled.  See images below:

12.10 Cheevos menu while playing a game launched from LaunchBox:

bigbox_cheevos_menu_12_10.thumb.jpg.3b6b9f7616c68137e0c97809277a8d4d.jpg

12.10 Cheevos menu while playing a game launched from BigBox:

bigbox_cheevos_menu_12_9.thumb.jpg.de7c90c489717dffd52eee6f0549cba0.jpg

I'm going to in the Big Box code the next few days working on getting the new Related Games features added, and see if we can get some bugs squashed. This one is on my short list to take a look at. I'll ping ya should any code changes get in so you can test.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, C-Beats said:

Select the row and press the delete button

Thanks. I did try delete, but I guess I didn't have the row itself in focus. I think I was clicking a drop down, selecting something, then saw the row was highlighted blue and pressed delete, but nothing was happening. Same if I click the empty space in the Custom Value column to try select and delete a row. If I click between any of the drop down selectors and the column dividers, that lets me select the row then delete it.

21 minutes ago, C-Beats said:

You are correct in the assessment that the same DB ID is only compared once. We do this so that if you have a game locally, THAT metadata is used and NOT the DB item (and it's metadata). I'm not really sure I see that logic changing unfortunately. I can understand potentially why you'd like to do what you're doing but this feature was designed with the mindset that you'd only want to see each game once, and what you're doing is asking to see the same game several times in the panel which is counter to that logic.

Ah well, it was worth a try. I've found if I purge the database IDs from games I can get it working. Maybe I'll make a little plugin to backup and purge database IDs, and restore them if I need to do updates from the LaunchBox database.

Just now, fraganator said:

Ah well, it was worth a try. I've found if I purge the database IDs from games I can get it working. Maybe I'll make a little plugin to backup and purge database IDs, and restore them if I need to do updates from the LaunchBox database.

If you're talking about making a plugin to display that in the panel anyway I'd just make a plugin that fetches you the list of games then you can pass it to an ItemsControl and display them in the panel. No need to constantly be destroying your metadata

@faeran I like the "related games feature". Any reason why  ForceVideoPreview16X9 is set to true, as it seems to lead to black bars being present?

Would it be possible to have the game details view show the game banner instead of the text above the carousel? Or if there is no banner, to show the clear logo (and if no clear logo then just the game name)?

9 hours ago, C-Beats said:

Typically when settings don't save it's because of their being extra files in the Data folder that don't belong. I'd make sure you don't have backup files in your data folder that shouldn't be there.

That Fixed it thank you!

Not sure what is up with the latest Beta, but seems it takes forever for it respond on LaunchBox whenever I right-click a game now. Sometimes even Windows 10 gives me a pop-up to either close or wait too. I don't know whoelse is having this issue, but I even updated Windows 10 and my NVIDIA Drivers to it still acting this way. I'm also experiencing EmuMovies taking forever, but I want to assume that is on their end of things

Edited by RULLUR

17 hours ago, Retrofrogg said:

@faeran I like the "related games feature". Any reason why  ForceVideoPreview16X9 is set to true, as it seems to lead to black bars being present?

Would it be possible to have the game details view show the game banner instead of the text above the carousel? Or if there is no banner, to show the clear logo (and if no clear logo then just the game name)?

There are a bunch of reasons to have the black bars there. I do feel like I mentioned this somewhere before, maybe in the beta thread that it was part of. It will remain in the default theme, but we made it so it's themeable for custom themes.

This also is true for the game banner. So while possible with custom themes, we won't be adding it to the default.

13 hours ago, Rlad said:

Videos aren't auto-playing in the related items window when using VLC, they do with WMP.

Edit: They aren't playing in either now.

9 hours ago, RULLUR said:

Not sure what is up with the latest Beta, but seems it takes forever for it respond on LaunchBox whenever I right-click a game now. Sometimes even Windows 10 gives me a pop-up to either close or wait too. I don't know whoelse is having this issue, but I even updated Windows 10 and my NVIDIA Drivers to it still acting this way. I'm also experiencing EmuMovies taking forever, but I want to assume that is on their end of things

These don't appear to be related with the beta, you may want to start a separate thread for them. EmuMovies is definitely out of our control. What was in our control was the cancel button we added to their queries.

On 3/28/2022 at 8:47 PM, faeran said:

Hey everyone,

12.10 beta 1 is out now with the following changes:

• New Feature: A Related Games section will now appear within Game Details, where you can discover games that are recommended, similar, or possible ports of the game that you have selected. (Rated #3 on the last Community Poll) - Currently in LaunchBox. Big Box implementation will be available in a later beta.*

Awesome. Imma upgrade to forever because of this.

On 3/30/2022 at 6:00 AM, RULLUR said:

Can confirm. Same issue here. Seems to be related to loading the game details.

• Thanks 1

I use default theme. If it helps there is a difference between selecting a game and right clicking it afterwards and right-clicking an unselected game.

The context menu fades in but the fade in effect hangs until the game details are fully loaded.

Unbenannt-1.png

• Like 1