LaunchBox Community Forums

12.14 Beta Testing

Jason Carr

3 hours ago, Galaxian said:

On 12:14 the 'recent' games artwork is not displaying at all for some platforms in the new default BB theme. I just get the stock LB cube. 

You probably need to clear your image cache via Options

13 hours ago, magicray1028 said:

on 12.14 bigbox on a 4K resolution, the images start zooming in on everything, from artwork to videos to text. in options when scrolling its constantly trying to resize text and images and doing weird spazzing. not sure if this is some kinda auto scaling issue.

We've seen people report similar issues when they have a service running on their computer called "nahimic". I'd verify you don't have it running. Realtek audio software tends to include it and it wreaks havoc on WPF rendering because of how they embed themselves into the GPU buffer.

5 minutes ago, Galaxian said:

Unfortunately 'refresh all images' didn't work.

Hmm, and that game DOES have a box image correct? I'm not able to replicate on my end so trying to see if we can narrow down what may be causing what you see.

1 minute ago, neil9000 said:

I cant open the options screen in the official 12.4, its just freezes the program and i have to force close, same behaviour on the Airy and Default Plus themes. All other windows seem OK (Import, manage themes both tested).

image.thumb.png.b1647ce63abed6a39cf011d78156e5d9.png

LB code wasn't changed at all really in this version so unsure why you'd be having issues. I just tried and was able to just fine.
image.thumb.png.7f95d4ebdfba092f46b4d9a38dc01028.png

16 hours ago, magicray1028 said:

on 12.14 bigbox on a 4K resolution, the images start zooming in on everything, from artwork to videos to text. in options when scrolling its constantly trying to resize text and images and doing weird spazzing. not sure if this is some kinda auto scaling issue.

Can you give us a screenshot of this? Also, check for the Nahimic service per @C-Beats above.

Unfortunately 'refresh all images' didn't work.

Out of all my platforms (out of 22) only Atari2600 and Pinball show the images. They are all installed if available.

Does box art display elsewhere in Big Box for those games?

2 minutes ago, Galaxian said:

No. Going into the game there’s a blank box (other than Pinball and Atari2600).

Okay, do those games display box art in LaunchBox? I saw this recently after I deleted by Settings.xml and BigBoxSettings.xml files to reset all of my settings. What happened is that the media folders got changed as a result. So go to Tools > Manage Platforms in LaunchBox and check that your media folders are correct for those platforms.

22 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

Okay, do those games display box art in LaunchBox? I saw this recently after I deleted by Settings.xml and BigBoxSettings.xml files to reset all of my settings. What happened is that the media folders got changed as a result. So go to Tools > Manage Platforms in LaunchBox and check that your media folders are correct for those platforms.

LB displays the images (including in the right hand pane) and the locations under the platforms are the defaults.

3 minutes ago, Galaxian said:

LB displays the images (including in the right hand pane) and the locations under the platforms are the defaults.

The next step would be to press Ctrl+A, and then F5 to select all games and refresh the images in LaunchBox. That will refresh LaunchBox's image cache for those games. My hunch is that the images are just showing up in LaunchBox because they're cached. Let me know if the images go away in that case, or if they still show up.

5 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

The next step would be to press Ctrl+A, and then F5 to select all games and refresh the images in LaunchBox. That will refresh LaunchBox's image cache for those games. My hunch is that the images are just showing up in LaunchBox because they're cached. Let me know if the images go away in that case, or if they still show up.

They are all still there

20 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

I have the same behaviour using the Old Default. Using the Colorfull theme the artwork displays on the ‘play’ screen (the same artwork is shown in LB - Box-Front).

6 minutes ago, Galaxian said:

I have the same behaviour using the Old Default. Using the Colorfull theme the artwork displays on the ‘play’ screen (the same artwork is shown in LB - Box-Front).

Hmm, what is your image type set to under Big Box > Options > Images > Image Type?