LaunchBox Community Forums

12.14 Beta Testing

Jason Carr

4 hours ago, faeran said:

The new default theme won't be doing this, but this is possible without a plugin. If you are wanting to learn how to do this you can make a post in one of the theme sections and I can reply there.

Okay, thanks for the response. Actually, I tried to use Grilla's original plugin and followed his instructions but I don't think it applies to this theme. The code looked a lot different than his examples and instructions

20 hours ago, TheNewClassics said:

To add to that, when Viewing a Manual in the Pause Screen, it opens in a smaller window. Also noticed that Page Up and Page Down don't seem to work when using the controller for me.

Page Up/Down thing is corrected already internally and will be in the next release. Thanks for the report.

We need to do something about Old Default no longer displaying the Platform Details, and as far as the new Default, I'm not too fond of the fact the background has a translucent grey layer that doesn't let you clearly see what's back there that you can't seem to adjust on how grey you want it to be. I think the new Default has potential, but would love to see the background layer being adjustable, and maybe even allow some color options too

Edited by RULLUR

5 minutes ago, RULLUR said:

We need to do something about Old Default no longer displaying the Platform Details

Can you show a screenshot of what you mean? I see the details in Old Default on all the views that had it previous to this version.

image.thumb.png.66ab760082e7fad70d4835b509b16647.png

Forgot to also mention that whenever you back out from one Platform go to another too quick now, everything on the right from the previous Platform will been seen  instead of the next you shifted over too. Didn't used to be that way until the new Default was introduced. Still hoping the new Default will have an option the adjust the translucent grey background layer because for what little a checked it out, that grey background is what hold me back from making the jump to using the new Default as my main Theme. I work far too much on Background art to have it covered in a layer of grey like that

• Like 1

Beta 4 is out with the following changes:

• Improvement: A new Swedish translation has been added thanks to gantraz from the LaunchBox Community Forums
  • Improvement: Default now works in 21:9, 16:9, 4:3, and 9:16 aspect ratios
  • Fixed: Corrected several performance/memory usage issues
  • Fixed: All popups should once again work in the Pause Menu
  • Fixed: Using Page Up/Down in FlowControls should be working correctly
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I am currently running this beta on 7 different machines overnight in order to test for any further memory leaks. We did introduce some memory leaks in the previous betas, which in turn caused some performance issues. None of these memory leaks are in the 12.13 official release, however, and they do appear to be fixed now. Thanks for the reports.

Also, this beta contains an update to the Export to Android feature that will allow you to export MS-DOS games (it zips them up for ease of use on Android). A new Android beta will be out shortly to add MS-DOS to the Android app itself.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 7/18/2022 at 9:00 PM, Jason Carr said:

Improvement: You can now use the string "LAUNCHBOX_THEME_FOLDER" in your xaml to point to the root folder of your Big Box theme (for theme developers)

Does this (and maybe some other new bindings) also work with regular LaunchBox themes? It would make version control a lot easier.

Edited by shadowfire

2 hours ago, shadowfire said:

Does this (and maybe some other new bindings) also work with regular LaunchBox themes? It would make version control a lot easier.

Yes the string "LAUNCHBOX_THEME_FOLDER" (without quotes) should be replaced correctly in LaunchBox themes as well (in version 12.14+). All new converters should also function inside of LaunchBox themes as well. New bindings to the various details views are Big Box specific changes, no bindings were added to the LaunchBox Game Details.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

I am currently running this beta on 7 different machines overnight in order to test for any further memory leaks. We did introduce some memory leaks in the previous betas, which in turn caused some performance issues. None of these memory leaks are in the 12.13 official release, however, and they do appear to be fixed now. Thanks for the reports.

Also, this beta contains an update to the Export to Android feature that will allow you to export MS-DOS games (it zips them up for ease of use on Android). A new Android beta will be out shortly to add MS-DOS to the Android app itself.

Upgrade both of my cabinets to Beta 4.  Ran BigBox for about an hour or so.

Cab-a - BB process @ 1.2 GB

Cab-b - BB process @ 800 MB

Both felt response as well at this point.  Not sure why there is a difference, but I'll take it.  Memory consumption is much better at this point. 

Thank you!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, C-Beats said:

Yes the string "LAUNCHBOX_THEME_FOLDER" (without quotes) should be replaced correctly in LaunchBox themes as well (in version 12.14+). All new converters should also function inside of LaunchBox themes as well. New bindings to the various details views are Big Box specific changes, no bindings were added to the LaunchBox Game Details.

Thanks, that will make things a lot easier for me. While I'm at it, any chance there will be something in there to customize the game count summary in ControlsView.xaml? I would like to shorten "Displaying 123 of 4567 games." to something like "123 / 4567". (I did a feature request on Bitbucket a while ago but at that time it seemed impossible.)

One thing I noticed while having VLC chosen as the media player in BigBox. When you exit out of a game, the game video autoplays on the game details screen but then when you exit out of the game details screen into the regular game view the video does not autoplay until you move the wheel to another game. The videos do autoplay correctly however if you have WMP chosen as the media player or have the "Skip Game Details Screen" chosen as an option. This might have been going on for a while and did not notice since I have skip game details screen chosen most of the time.

4 hours ago, kmoney said:

One thing I noticed while having VLC chosen as the media player in BigBox. When you exit out of a game, the game video autoplays on the game details screen but then when you exit out of the game details screen into the regular game view the video does not autoplay until you move the wheel to another game. The videos do autoplay correctly however if you have WMP chosen as the media player or have the "Skip Game Details Screen" chosen as an option. This might have been going on for a while and did not notice since I have skip game details screen chosen most of the time.

This happened to me too. I started noticing it after updating to this beta.

Edited by Suhrvivor

@kmoney @Suhrvivor - We've noticed something similar in testing. I believe I have it resolved internally. I'll ping ya on the next release so you can verify we got it resolved on your end too.

@shadowfire - Can you send me that ticket link? I can take a look. As I recall the issue was more about where/how you wanted to access it then the bindings itself but would be worth reviewing while we in there making all these theming changes.

• Thanks 1