LaunchBox Community Forums

12.14 Beta Testing

Jason Carr

another crash: just browsing through playlists/platforms in bigbox:

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

App:     Big Box
Version: 12.14-beta-3
Type:    System.NullReferenceException
Site:    System.Object LoginDrivenTag(System.Object)
Source:  Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows

at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Controls.CoverFlow.FlowImage.<>c__DisplayClass56_0.LoginDrivenTag(Object )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Controls.CoverFlow.FlowImage.<>c__DisplayClass56_0.CalcTypeFactory()
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Controls.CoverFlow.ImageInfo.get_ImagePath()
   at MappingListener.RegisterFocusProcess(Object , MappingListener )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Controls.CoverFlow.FlowImageManager.Worker()
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Threading.<>c__DisplayClass0_0.RemoveDrivenObserver(Object )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Threading.<>c__DisplayClass0_0.LogoutTypeSingleton()
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()

Recent Log:

19:35:51 Exception

Yeah, the issue is because in German you're decimal character is different than ours and it ticked off some of the new logic and converters. I have it squared away and corrected now. Hoping to get another beta out tomorrow with the changes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm seeing a new behavior in Beta 3 on both of my cabinets.

After around 30-60 minutes of the cabinets running BigBox in attract mode, they both seem to get slower in response to menu actions.  Lag of some sort.   The longer they sit idle in attract mode, the slower they get.   I don't know if its a memory leak or something else, but they didn't do this in the previous 12.13 version. 

Ok, definitely a memory leak going on.  Both cabinets running Beta 3.

Cab - A - Intel i5 11400 cpu, 16 GB of memory.   NVidia GTX 1650 Super GPU.  Windows 10

BigBox startup memory usage approx 700 MB.   After approx 1 hour running, it had jumped to just under 8 GB.

Cab - B - Intel i5 2500k, 16 GB memory.  NVidia GTX 660 Ti GPU.  Windows 10

BigBox startup memory usage just under 700 MB.  After approx 1 hour of running, it had jumped to 11.5 GB. 

Both installations are basically the same.   "old" default theme, same number of platforms, same number of games.  Both run LEDBlinky.   Cab-A has a dynamic marquee is about the only difference.

Let me know if you need logs or anything. 

Edited by Fursphere

Really liking this new "Default" theme with the latest beta update. But as much as I like the newer version, @faeran is there any possibility that the selected items in platforms and games (text) list can be centered? Or, is there a way to use the existing plugin (that is often used with other themes) in this one, so that the selected platform/game can be centered?

Edited by bundangdon

I've noticed that on BigBox the videos don't resume playing like they used to after you view a game's images in fullscreen or enter and leave the details view, the video that was playing it's paused until you change to a different game.

Edited by Suhrvivor

12 hours ago, TheNewClassics said:

I'm sure this goes without saying, but will there be options to use the Default Theme views like in Beta 1-2 in the future?

Not entirely sure what you mean, but the Default theme that is being presented in this beta WILL become the new Default theme for Big Box. The default theme from 12.13 and older will become "Old Default"

On 7/18/2022 at 4:00 PM, Jason Carr said:

Hey all, the first 12.14 beta is out now with the following:

• New Premium Feature: Big Box now has a new default theme with a brand new look and a ton of new goodies for our theme developers; the old Default theme is now called "Old Default" and is still available for use

• Improvement: All Big Box popups and options pages have been overhauled

• Improvement: In Big Box, the alpha-numeric index used in platforms and games views now opens to the letter you are currently on, instead of where you last left it

• Improvement: The drop downs in Big Box's filters popup are now ordered alphabetically

• Improvement: Wall views in Big Box can now utilize game details (for theme developers)

• Improvement: 14 new popups are now fully themeable in Big Box and can be placed anywhere on the screen (for theme developers)

• Improvement: Added 25 new converters usable in Big Box (for theme developers; courtesy of y2guru)

• Improvement: You can now use the string "LAUNCHBOX_THEME_FOLDER" in your xaml to point to the root folder of your Big Box theme (for theme developers)

• Improvement: Navigating the Recent Games and Favorites thumbnails will now work in more themeable situations (for theme developers)

• Improvement: Recent Games and Favorites thumbnails can now be used in all platforms views (for theme developers)

• Improvement: These available bindings are now usable in Big Box (for theme developers):

• DateEarned (DateTime), DateEarnedString (string), and EarnedHardcore (bool) added to AchievementView

• SelectedItemIndex added to FlowControl

• Count and SelectedItemIndex added to Platform and Game views

• You can now access FilterDetailsViewModel via any platform view to access bindings found in the details view

• 51 bindings added to FilterDetailsView

• 36 bindings added to GameDetailsView

• PreviousPage binding added to all Platform, Game, Game Details, Options, and System menus

• Fixed: Not passing an image type to FlowImage will now select the image type in user settings (for theme developers)

• Fixed: Various minor potential issues with the Export to Android process

Great work guys!

Is there a list or way to see what the 51 new FilterDetailsView & 36 GameDetailsView bindings are?

Thanks!

My bad, I should clarify. What I meant was that for Beta 3,  when loading the Default theme, it presents in Vertical list view for me. Betas 1-2 had a horizontal view when I loaded the new Default. I don't see any options under Manage themes for the Default theme showing different view options.

2 hours ago, TheNewClassics said:

My bad, I should clarify. What I meant was that for Beta 3,  when loading the Default theme, it presents in Vertical list view for me. Betas 1-2 had a horizontal view when I loaded the new Default. I don't see any options under Manage themes for the Default theme showing different view options.

Right now we force theme settings for Default to match what views the new default uses. Are you referring to Horizontal Boxes view, a horizontal game wheel, or something else?

2 hours ago, bbweiners said:

Great work guys!

Is there a list or way to see what the 51 new FilterDetailsView & 36 GameDetailsView bindings are?

Thanks!

Yeah. @faeran and I have to draw straws at some point before release to see who the lucky soul is that gets to update the theme documentation with all the new bindings and converters....

Essentially those bindings are for the individual items that are displayed in details. You now have a binding for the full string, a binding for the value, and a binding for the visibility of each item that can be displayed in filter, platform, or game details views. This way theme devs can now render those details outside of the details view, or rearrange that view however they see fit.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, TheNewClassics said:

On the previous Betas, it seemed to default to FullScreen CoverFlow once you went inside a system. I used to like Horizontal Box view, but I don' see that anywhere either. Is there somewhere to change the view?

Yeah, either change your view in options or bind the "Change View" hotkey to something and you can change the view on the fly while in the games list. I don't believe the new default has a Horizontal Box view and was just displaying the one from Old Default. If you wanted to continue to use it you can also bind "Change Theme" and turn on "Remember View per Platform" then make all your platforms use Old Default Horizontal Box View while using new default everywhere else

15 hours ago, bundangdon said:

Really liking this new "Default" theme with the latest beta update. But as much as I like the newer version, @faeran is there any possibility that the selected items in platforms and games (text) list can be centered? Or, is there a way to use the existing plugin (that is often used with other themes) in this one, so that the selected platform/game can be centered?

The new default theme won't be doing this, but this is possible without a plugin. If you are wanting to learn how to do this you can make a post in one of the theme sections and I can reply there.

• Like 1