LaunchBox Community Forums

12.14 Beta Testing

Jason Carr

39 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

Hmm, what is your image type set to under Big Box > Options > Images > Image Type?

Backgrounds hence the culprit. Changed to "Boxes" and now all is good. Wtf no idea how I ended up with that setting. 

Thanks for your help.

• Like 1

I just downloaded the new 12.14 yesterday and everything has worked great. I went to play tonight and I fired up a game through RetroArch and boom the sound instantly quit. And I have no sounds at all coming through BigBox. But when I play a game through a stand alone emulator the sound works fine. This has got me baffled. Anyone have any ideas. Not sure if it's something to do with the new 12.14 or not. 

Since I have updated to version 12.14 in BigBox I have noticed that the marquee refresh is much slower, if you change quickly from one game to another and run it, it does not have time to update the marquee and shows me the marquee of the previous game.
Also it happens to me that in many occasions when I execute a game it does not finish pausing the video that is being reproduced and when entering to the game it continues playing the bigbox video.

I have rollback the version 12.13 and with this version the problem of the marquee and the problem of the video does not happen to me.

Does anyone else have the same problem?

I have this serious problem that occurs when launchbox starts. I have already tried to reload the data backup folder but the problem persists.
I have already tried to reinstall launchbox and I tried it both on windows 11 and on windows 10 but always error.

I can no longer do anything but close or I am forced to use only bigbox. I have already officially reported the problem but I wanted to know if anyone has it

--------------------------------------------------------------

Value cannot be null. (Parameter 'window')

App:     LaunchBox
Version: 12.14
Type:    System.ArgumentNullException
Site:    Void .ctor(System.Windows.Window)
Source:  PresentationFramework

at System.Windows.Interop.WindowInteropHelper..ctor(Window window)
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.MessageBoxEx.Show(Window ownerWindow, String text, String caption, MessageBoxButton buttons, MessageBoxImage icon, MessageBoxResult defResult)
   at ParameterClass.CollectFailureException(Window owner, String text, String caption, MessageBoxButton buttons, MessageBoxImage icon, MessageBoxResult defaultResult, ParameterClass )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.MessageBoxManager.PromptYesNo(String message, MessageBoxResult defaultButton)
   at TaskVisitor.CollectFailureException(String message, MessageBoxResult defaultButton, TaskVisitor )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.ViewModels.SideBarViewModel.<>c__DisplayClass79_0.ComputeInvalidRepository()
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeDelegateCore()
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Wait(TimeSpan timeout)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.InvokeImpl(DispatcherOperation operation, CancellationToken cancellationToken, TimeSpan timeout)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.Invoke(Action callback, DispatcherPriority priority, CancellationToken cancellationToken, TimeSpan timeout)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.Invoke(Action callback, DispatcherPriority priority)
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Threading.InvokeConcreteWorker(Object , Object , DispatcherPriority )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Threading.Invoke(Action callback, DispatcherPriority priority)
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.ViewModels.SideBarViewModel.<>c__DisplayClass79_0.CallAdvisableDic(Object , DispatcherPriority )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.ViewModels.SideBarViewModel.<>c__DisplayClass79_0.InstantiateInvalidRepository()
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Threading.<>c__DisplayClass0_0.CompareConcreteRepository(Object )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Threading.<>c__DisplayClass0_0.RateTransformerFilter()
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

Recent Log:

09:27:11 Exception

Edited by Sbaby

2 hours ago, Sbaby said:

I have this serious problem that occurs when launchbox starts. I have already tried to reload the data backup folder but the problem persists.
I have already tried to reinstall launchbox and I tried it both on windows 11 and on windows 10 but always error.

I can no longer do anything but close or I am forced to use only bigbox. I have already officially reported the problem but I wanted to know if anyone has it

--------------------------------------------------------------

Value cannot be null. (Parameter 'window')

App:     LaunchBox
Version: 12.14
Type:    System.ArgumentNullException
Site:    Void .ctor(System.Windows.Window)
Source:  PresentationFramework

at System.Windows.Interop.WindowInteropHelper..ctor(Window window)
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.MessageBoxEx.Show(Window ownerWindow, String text, String caption, MessageBoxButton buttons, MessageBoxImage icon, MessageBoxResult defResult)
   at ParameterClass.CollectFailureException(Window owner, String text, String caption, MessageBoxButton buttons, MessageBoxImage icon, MessageBoxResult defaultResult, ParameterClass )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.MessageBoxManager.PromptYesNo(String message, MessageBoxResult defaultButton)
   at TaskVisitor.CollectFailureException(String message, MessageBoxResult defaultButton, TaskVisitor )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.ViewModels.SideBarViewModel.<>c__DisplayClass79_0.ComputeInvalidRepository()
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeDelegateCore()
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl()
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Wait(TimeSpan timeout)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.InvokeImpl(DispatcherOperation operation, CancellationToken cancellationToken, TimeSpan timeout)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.Invoke(Action callback, DispatcherPriority priority, CancellationToken cancellationToken, TimeSpan timeout)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.Invoke(Action callback, DispatcherPriority priority)
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Threading.InvokeConcreteWorker(Object , Object , DispatcherPriority )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Threading.Invoke(Action callback, DispatcherPriority priority)
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.ViewModels.SideBarViewModel.<>c__DisplayClass79_0.CallAdvisableDic(Object , DispatcherPriority )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.ViewModels.SideBarViewModel.<>c__DisplayClass79_0.InstantiateInvalidRepository()
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Threading.<>c__DisplayClass0_0.CompareConcreteRepository(Object )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Threading.<>c__DisplayClass0_0.RateTransformerFilter()
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

Recent Log:

09:27:11 Exception

After continuous attempts, close, reopen, without success I tried to keep the error window in the background, in doing so I was able to make a random change to a game and this allowed the launchbox to restart correctly.

Now I am calm but I hope it does not happen again 😓

I've seen people get this error when opening LaunchBox with the sidebar set to Games Missing Media. Typically changing the side bar to anything else resolves the issue. I have it marked internally to review to see if we can get that corrected.

2 hours ago, C-Beats said:

I've seen people get this error when opening LaunchBox with the sidebar set to Games Missing Media. Typically changing the side bar to anything else resolves the issue. I have it marked internally to review to see if we can get that corrected.

It was just like that

4 hours ago, RULLUR said:

Details for Platforms are still not showing up on the Old Default

Had the same issue, have you tried this in BigBox:

a. Choose "Theme-Specific Options"

b. Choose "Old Default Theme"

c. Choose "Views"

And then check that you have the correct views you had before the update (ie. Platform Wheel 1), I had some weird stuff in there and when I changed them back the way I had it originally, it displayed the platform details again.

Although the new default theme has some great upgrades, for me it has some downgrades on the visuals with Platform Wheel 1 and Text List with Details, especially with those rounded/cropped cover arts. Some covers are special sized and they don't look nice cropped and with the corners rounded. Also the platform background videos are just too grey, so still sticking with the more colorful and box cover intact old default for now, thank you for keeping it intact! :D

What I would really like, and pay for it separately, is a simple GUI based BigBox Theme Editor/Maker without the need to do much (or any) coding, just choosing elements (clock or manual, map, game guide icons from additional apps for example!) and putting them in place, setting your own visuals/gfx style etc.  Basically either making a new theme or editing your favorite theme with some custom made changes or additions.

Edited by kurzih
  • Thanks 1

Are there plans to finish the rest of the options pages? When you go into, say Options - Manage Themes, the back end menu changes to the old default look. It would be nice if the whole backend menu was consistent. Especially for Vertical Themes where the text flows off the edge of the screen.

• Improvement: All Big Box popups and options pages have been overhauled

3 minutes ago, Rlad said:

Can someone check their retro achievements score, mine says 0, i don't remember it saying 'softcore' after the number before on the website, i think it's broken it in LB?

image.png.ec86b532b06365d50019cbd16ee608e0.png

Looks like they changed the terminology on the official. They have always had the "hardcore" achievements, you earn them by turning that mode on and it turns off save states. In my image above i believe the number in blue is my hardcore and the number in white is my softcore, but i could also of always assumed that wrongly.

19 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

image.png.ec86b532b06365d50019cbd16ee608e0.png

Looks like they changed the terminology on the official. They have always had the "hardcore" achievements, you earn them by turning that mode on and it turns off save states. In my image above i believe the number in blue is my hardcore and the number in white is my softcore, but i could also of always assumed that wrongly.

Yeah seems to have broken it in Launchbox, How do you turn on Hardcore, in Retroarch? NVM found it.

1399483607_Screenshot2022-08-10204632.png.5ba97dfc98662d345e9424e3f78ae1ee.png

1619945450_Screenshot2022-08-10204411.png.382d1ad8cd3215d2797c8b32d60c9653.png

Edited by Rlad

how do you turn on Hardcore, in Retroarch? Its simply in the achievements section of the RA UI, i have always been a person who loves the save states, but i have recently changed that opinion, and i have hardcore mode on by default. It can be "paused" by heading to the menu whenever you like.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Another couple small findings: when I exit BB under the Handhelds Platform category, it defaults back to Arcade on the next launch. It seems to remember Arcade and Consoles appropriately. Another strange bug I've had (could just be an issue with my machine) is that DOOM for MS-DOS keeps coming up under my most recent games for Computers, but I haven't played it any time recently. Maybe my computer is trying to tell me something haha

Speaking of achievements, it seems like steam achievement icons are mixing up with the new update. I manually cleared the achievements cache images from the Cache-LB folder and they're still getting mixed up. Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus R achievement icons are showing up on Melty Blood Actress Again: Current Code.

image.thumb.png.dafa9cede030d351d9ccec44faa86387.png