LaunchBox Community Forums

12.14 Beta Testing

Jason Carr

Hey all, the first 12.14 beta is out now with the following:

• New Premium Feature: Big Box now has a new default theme with a brand new look and a ton of new goodies for our theme developers; the old Default theme is now called "Old Default" and is still available for use

• Improvement: All Big Box popups and options pages have been overhauled

• Improvement: In Big Box, the alpha-numeric index used in platforms and games views now opens to the letter you are currently on, instead of where you last left it

• Improvement: The drop downs in Big Box's filters popup are now ordered alphabetically

• Improvement: Wall views in Big Box can now utilize game details (for theme developers)

• Improvement: 14 new popups are now fully themeable in Big Box and can be placed anywhere on the screen (for theme developers)

• Improvement: Added 25 new converters usable in Big Box (for theme developers; courtesy of y2guru)

• Improvement: You can now use the string "LAUNCHBOX_THEME_FOLDER" in your xaml to point to the root folder of your Big Box theme (for theme developers)

• Improvement: Navigating the Recent Games and Favorites thumbnails will now work in more themeable situations (for theme developers)

• Improvement: Recent Games and Favorites thumbnails can now be used in all platforms views (for theme developers)

• Improvement: These available bindings are now usable in Big Box (for theme developers):

• DateEarned (DateTime), DateEarnedString (string), and EarnedHardcore (bool) added to AchievementView

• SelectedItemIndex added to FlowControl

• Count and SelectedItemIndex added to Platform and Game views

• You can now access FilterDetailsViewModel via any platform view to access bindings found in the details view

• 51 bindings added to FilterDetailsView

• 36 bindings added to GameDetailsView

• PreviousPage binding added to all Platform, Game, Game Details, Options, and System menus

• Fixed: Not passing an image type to FlowImage will now select the image type in user settings (for theme developers)

• Fixed: Various minor potential issues with the Export to Android process

• Like 10
  • Game On 2
  • Unusual Gem 1

Think I found a bug.

Just updated both of my cabinets.   Now in BigBox - the 'back' (ESC is what I have it bound too) no longer works.    One cabinet is on the new 'Default' theme, the other is on the 'Old Default' theme. 
So I can select a platform / game, but can't go back.  :)

@Jason Carr Just tested out this new beta with BigBox and I'm having a weird issue. After going into a games list, for some reason the 'esc' key isn't working for me and I'm unable to go back to any previous screens. I tested this out a few different times but the result is the same. It might just be me but I've never had this issue until this recent beta update.

Update: Okay, now I noticed that another user (Fursphere) is having the same issue so I guess it's not an isolated problem

Edited by bundangdon
  • Haha 1

Thanks for the reports. I have been able to confirm the cause for most of these reports and another beta will be out soon to correct. If I run into a report I can't replicate I'll ping the reporter so we can get more information and get the issue resolved. We appreciate you all taking the time to download the beta and report these issues. This beta especially has a FAR larger number of files updated, added, or removed than most of our releases so appreciate having the extra eyes on it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Beta 2 is out with the following changes:

• Improvement: Some Big Box popups will now work across more resolutions and aspect ratios
  • Fixed: Corrected a navigation issue when backing out from one view to another
  • Fixed: Navigation issue within the Favorites and Recent Games thumbnails on some platform views
  • Fixed: Big Box controller navigation issues in certain configuration setups

@Fursphere@bundangdon@TheNewClassics Can you download beta 2 and let us know if the navigation issues you were facing have been fixed.

Thanks everyone for helping test the beta.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, faeran said:

• Improvement: Some Big Box popups will now work across more resolutions and aspect ratios
  • Fixed: Navigation issue within the Favorites and Recent Games thumbnails on some platform views

@Fursphere@bundangdon@TheNewClassics Can you download beta 2 and let us know if the navigation issues you were facing have been fixed.

ESC / Back issue in BigBox appears to be fixed in Beta 2.

Thank you!

3 hours ago, faeran said:

Can also confirm that the 'esc' key is working again and the "navigation issue" has been resolved :) Thanks a lot for the latest beta-fix and the new default theme in BigBox looks very nice!

9 minutes ago, RetroGamerGER said:

Bigbox can no longer be used, no matter what input you make on the gamepad you get directly an error message

Does anyone have the same problem?

2022-07-20.png

I have excatly the same issue. Can't change to the new default Theme unfortunatly 

I once made a video :)

15 minutes ago, C-Beats said:

@RetroGamerGER @Jackdefjam Can you explain what you're doing when you see that popup? Sounds like just backing up to the new theme. Does look a bit like it could be related to the language difference so least gives me a good point to look. Thanks for the report.

Cant change Main theme in bigbox:

The calling thread cannot access this object because a different thread owns it.

App:     Big Box
Version: 12.14-beta-2
Type:    System.InvalidOperationException
Site:    Void VerifyAccess()
Source:  WindowsBase

at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.VerifyAccess()
   at System.Windows.DependencyObject.GetValue(DependencyProperty dp)
   at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.ToggleButton.get_IsChecked()
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.BigBox.ViewModels.ConfirmPopupViewModel.OnLeft(Boolean held, Boolean onlyLeftPressed)
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.BigBox.ViewModels.MainViewModel.IncludeException(Object , Boolean , Boolean )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.BigBox.ViewModels.MainViewModel.OnLeft(Boolean onlyLeftPressed)
   at BaseStatus.ListWrapper(Object , Boolean disposing, BaseStatus )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.BigBox.ViewModels.MainViewModel.InitService(Guid i)
   at ClassWrapper.ListWrapper(Object , Guid def, ClassWrapper )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.BigBox.ViewModels.MainViewModel.<>c__DisplayClass270_1.SelectState()
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

Recent Log:

02:03:40 Exception

Edit: After restart, it did change the theme

Edited by cheguewara

Beta 3 is out with a bunch more changes to Big Box:

• Improvement: More changes to the default theme (with more to come)
  • Fixed: Issues with some users applying the default theme
  • Fixed: Issue using a controller in the Manage Themes section
  • Fixed: Going back from search results would land you on an empty page in certain views
  • Fixed: The Option Popup now starts with the current selected item highlighted
  • Fixed: Corrected Default theme settings to show available views
  • Like 3

37 minutes ago, C-Beats said:

@Jackdefjam @RetroGamerGER @Rlad @cheguewara

Your reported issues should be corrected in this beta release. Please review and let us know if this release corrects your issues or not.

@C-Beats

The error is gone, I can change themes now. But as soon as I go to options Bigbox crashes completely.
With the default theme I get the error message even if I select a system.
But it must be the language German, I switch to English, it works without problems.
My Repsekt for the quick bug fix :)

I have created a video to help

Edited by RetroGamerGER