LaunchBox Community Forums

12.14 Beta Testing

Jason Carr

My controls issue with the keyboard/controller appears to be fixed in beta 7 along with the game view videos resuming correctly with "Skip Game Details View" unchecked in the settings. The platform view videos does not always resume when exiting from the game view screen but does the majority of the time. The CD not resuming spinning in certain game views with "Skip Game Details View" unchecked must be theme specific because the cd spinning does resume correctly with Unified and Unified Redux that I tested but not with Unified CTC.

10 hours ago, faeran said:

Which theme and view are you using in this instance?

Do you still get the same crash when using either of the default themes?

I'm using the Unified Theme, but it happens with any themes, since Beta 5, changing the Default View to anything other than Platforms And Platforms Category crashes BigBox and makes it unable to boot afterwards.

Update: Beta 7 fixed the issue in the paragraph above. It's working perfectly now. 👍

Edited by Suhrvivor

Hi some issues/suggestions regarding BezelProject integration

1) You could create the default bezel for each core by creating eg: ..\RetroArch\config\PCSX-ReARMed\PCSX-ReARMed.cfg to point to
input_overlay = ":/overlays/Sony-PlayStation.cfg"
input_overlay_opacity = "1.000000"
Setting opacity in the core overlay means you don't have to inject it into every game.cfg file (a bit messy and hard to undo without editing every file) as they will inherit it (I tested it and it works). However I often set mine in the core.cfg to 0.4, but with them written into every game.cfg they get overriden, so I had to search/replace and remove them all.

2) I note you download then unzip the bezel project into:- ..\LaunchBox\Metadata\Temp\BezelProject\.. and then delete the zip.
However the temp\BezelProject folder is also deleted when exiting LaunchBox, so when you re-run it to get more bezels it re-downloads the large zip from BezelProject again. Is there a way to persist these to avoid that? either keeping zip to be re-unzipped as needed or keeping the folder, maybe it could go in the cache folder.

3) A minor point I notice is that you keep the Bezel Project system names such as GC for GameCube as:- ..\RetroArch\overlays\GameBezels\GC\*.cfg/.png
I set these up myself last year but retained the Launchbox system names so:- ..\RetroArch\overlays\GameBezels\Nintendo GameCube\*.cfg/.png
I understand maybe this was done for consistency with BezelProject, but I see they also store the core bezel as:- ..\RetroArch\overlays\Nintendo-GameCube.cfg  so there isn't really a naming convention as such. So also core default would be:- ..\RetroArch\overlays\Nintendo GameCube.cfg/.png
I did actually store it in same folder as rest to keep it tidier:- ..\RetroArch\overlays\GameBezels\Nintendo GameCube\Nintendo GameCube.cfg/.png
It makes it a bit easier to track down issues.

4) if anyone wants to upload the bezels to RetroArch on XBOne you need to search and replace 🙂 = ~ and / = \) in the ..\RetroArch\config\system\*.cfg files.
eg:- ..\RetroArch\config\PCSX-ReARMed\Time Crisis (USA).cfg
    input_overlay = ":/overlays/GameBezels/PSX/Time Crisis (USA).cfg"
changes to
    input_overlay = "~\overlays\GameBezels\PSX\Time Crisis (USA).cfg"

I also recall when doing it on BigBox Android that I had to use a full path (was last year not rechecked):-
  input_overlay = "/storage/emulated/0/RetroArch/overlays/GameBezels/PSX/Time Crisis (USA).cfg"

Edited by BeemanDev
proof read it
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, C-Beats said:

What resolution and scaling are you running in this video? Your theme doesn't at all look like what's intended.

In the video I’m using my desktop monitor (1080p) but I switch between my 4K TV. Scaling for the TV is at 250% and monitor 100%. The weird scaling thing has always been a weird bug for me but it doesn’t bother me much I don’t run big box when using the desktop, I just run in LB which scales correctly.  It was just easier to record from the desktop. Custom themes also scale weird and my other programs like qbittorrent and sometimes chrome, I don’t think it’s a LB issue. Switching between my monitor has been a slight pain in the ass with my PC for a while now

Edited by bberan

20 hours ago, TheNewClassics said:

any chance the Horizontal Wheel 3 view makes a return in the new Default

I believe Faeran only made two wheels for the new default theme. I can review and make sure though. Are you implying you saw a new third wheel that you aren't now, or hoping a wheel style from Old Default for that view would be reimagined into the new Default theme?

3 hours ago, C-Beats said:

I believe Faeran only made two wheels for the new default theme. I can review and make sure though. Are you implying you saw a new third wheel that you aren't now, or hoping a wheel style from Old Default for that view would be reimagined into the new Default theme?

The second one. Horizontal Wheel 3 is from the Old Default, hoping it makes a reappearance at some point. Either way, great work on the new theme!

7 minutes ago, TheNewClassics said:

The second one. Horizontal Wheel 3 is from the Old Default, hoping it makes a reappearance at some point. Either way, great work on the new theme!

Hmm, I don't remember having that view in Old Default. You mean the Horizontal Boxes view? Can you post up a screenshot of what you're referring to?

I don't think there is any plans to add one to the final release, but modifying default to include one shouldn't be overly complicated. It's not entirely out of the realm of possibilities that we could add more views to Default down the line, but because of time restraints I'm not sure it will get in before this release.

Beta 8 is out now with the following:

• Translation updates
  • More memory fixes when staying on the same view for a long time
  • Fix for Big Box games views only loading the last game on rare occasions
  • Fix for some rare errors while navigating platform views
  • Fix for vertical wheels with only one item displaying incorrectly
  • Like 4

on 12.14 bigbox on a 4K resolution, the images start zooming in on everything, from artwork to videos to text. in options when scrolling its constantly trying to resize text and images and doing weird spazzing. not sure if this is some kinda auto scaling issue.

Edited by magicray1028