LaunchBox Community Forums

13.0 Beta Thread

faeran

I've tried the new 3d boxes and like it but after adding some "box - full" images to switch games I can't get them to work in bigbox. 

This is what the default theme looks like with one of the images:

test.thumb.jpg.1052463843dc680b4f77e6c915ddf111.jpg

And this is the image I have set as "box - full" in launchbox:

1537663346_AnimalCrossing_NewHorizons-01.thumb.jpg.4c9a56079573f18cd53d3d09f2fc0dc9.jpg

It looks as if the "box - full" image is being wrapped over a flat model without any spine, whereas all the other examples I've seen (which work fine) are the split images with separate spine images.

17 hours ago, faeran said:

This could be because of some weirdness going on with your ListCache.xml file.

Close out LaunchBox (wait for it to remove from your processes), go into LaunchBox\Data and delete your ListCache.xml file. Reopen LaunchBox and run your Arcade media download again and see if it's any different.

I went ahead and updated to new beta, done as you suggested and same thing happened

19 minutes ago, Stephammer said:

please, i am using the old theme and i don't want 3D box... how to disable this option

Could you be more specific? What theme are you using (assume you mean Old Default) and what view are wanting back to the way it was?

Okay, even with Official release, I deleted the ListCache.xml before running, this time I only selected clear logos for the Arcade platform, All downloads fine, then searches emumovies, downloaded files, through "z" as normal, then it still goes to Searching Emu for 3DO interactive media and just hangs there. It appears it downloaded clear logos from Emu best I can tell, but I'm not really sure. Out of the 3361 games it downloaded 2379 files, 1900+ were from LB database, the remaining came from Emu.

Again, cancel doesn't stop the process, but I was able to close LB normally without having to kill it with task manager.

Here are screenshots of LB and one of the processes running in task manager after it goes to the 3DO stuff:

Untitled.thumb.jpg.affe10b061741e77971cf073a23c55d7.jpg

Untitled-2.thumb.jpg.62615a41bad0e9720b4b56f5ef67a1aa.jpg

32 minutes ago, The Papaw said:

Okay, even with Official release, I deleted the ListCache.xml before running, this time I only selected clear logos for the Arcade platform, All downloads fine, then searches emumovies, downloaded files, through "z" as normal, then it still goes to Searching Emu for 3DO interactive media and just hangs there. It appears it downloaded clear logos from Emu best I can tell, but I'm not really sure. Out of the 3361 games it downloaded 2379 files, 1900+ were from LB database, the remaining came from Emu.

Again, cancel doesn't stop the process, but I was able to close LB normally without having to kill it with task manager.

Here are screenshots of LB and one of the processes running in task manager after it goes to the 3DO stuff:

Untitled.thumb.jpg.affe10b061741e77971cf073a23c55d7.jpg

Untitled-2.thumb.jpg.62615a41bad0e9720b4b56f5ef67a1aa.jpg

Hmm, this still points to some kind of data file issue. What it could be, I'm not entirely sure. If you want, PM me your data files and when I get some time, I can look into it for you.

13 hours ago, faeran said:

Hmm, this still points to some kind of data file issue. What it could be, I'm not entirely sure. If you want, PM me your data files and when I get some time, I can look into it for you.

Thanks Brian, I know your busy. Last night, I renamed my main LB Image folder and started running a fresh media download (hasn't been done in a few years). It will take all day or more to run with EMU being as slow as it is at the moment.  Here is a zip of the Data folder, it was made during the downloading though if that makes a difference..

On 11/15/2022 at 5:25 PM, C-Beats said:

Your issue is caused because for some reason your GameDetails panel isn't deselecting when editing the game. If you wait to press Edit until that panel is full loaded do you still have the problem?

No I don't, you're correct.

I guess I'm just too fast sometimes! 😅 I press CTRL+E instantly when I switch to the next game I want to edit.

Edited by kurzih

No, at the moment the feature doesn't support importing your own model files. It'd be interesting to try at some point, but there are just so many ways for that process to go wrong that it wasn't considered feasible to tackle first go around.

1 hour ago, jaykop said:

Hello can I have a go at the latest beta version thanks 

Just turn on beta options in your LB settings. >Tools >Options >Updates

@jaykop I deleted several of your posts as they have nothing to do with the Beta thread you are posting in. If you have general questions about emulators use the Noobs sub-forum and post there. Also we do not direct you to rom files on this forum so please do not ask anyone to post rom links. 

Can we get Zoom In/Zoom Out hotkey/button/analog mappings to zoom the boxes in or out if writing is too small on the box with a zoom limit in the options?

Also, how about transparency setting for the 3dmodel of the box only not affecting the label so we can get those ps1 cases perfect?

Edited by The Mask
  • Like 1

I think I'll wait for more updates on the 3D Models (great potential there! but too many downsides at this stage for my usage). Since there is no option to turn them off, or is there? (using old default theme on BigBox) I wanted to go to the previous version.

But back with 12.16 gets me this error:

image.thumb.png.f65e9ca3e2189d17f655bd5587922110.png

is there a file I should delete to get things running again?

EDIT: Is the 3D model with (old) Big Box theme displayed at a lower resolution than the original flat 2D image, or am I mistaken? It does feel a bit fuzzy visually with some covers. Any chance of having a quality settings for 3D boxes (for high end pc's etc.) if that's the case?

And it looks kind of weird with the transition to the next game, I'll try to post a video (basically changes from wide to thin in a sec, like starting box size and going to the proper dvd size).

Edited by kurzih

There is no option but you can alter a theme to revert it to the old style. To get rid of that error delete InputBindings.xml file in \\LaunchBox\Data\. Doing so will reset your controller bindings in Big Box though so make sure you reset them after.

• Thanks 1