LaunchBox Community Forums

13.0 Beta Thread

faeran

18 hours ago, C-Beats said:

There is no option but you can alter a theme to revert it to the old style. To get rid of that error delete InputBindings.xml file in \\LaunchBox\Data\. Doing so will reset your controller bindings in Big Box though so make sure you reset them after.

Thank you C-Beats! I think Launchbox has progressed immensely during the years. This is the first time I'm reverting (for now). Demanding customer, eh? 😁

Here's what I captured from my post above:

image.thumb.png.bbfef23ef4999ebc643690c90aa7acc5.png

image.thumb.png.234aae5ae3da16a571e522ed3735bd54.png

Note, this visual issue is on 13.0, not 12.6 It has this weird fat-thin effect (box-dvd) even if the games are higher than wider. And is that correct that the 3D model doesn't render with the same image quality/resolution as the flat 2D? For example: https://gamesdb.launchbox-app.com/games/images/123333 the front looked fuzzier in 3D modeled than flat 2D in BigBox (Old Default Theme).

EDIT: Actually these (old) Theme issues got me inspired to use Visual Studio. I'm quite happy with the collection I have, now it's time to dive into some coding ;) 

Edited by kurzih

On 11/16/2022 at 8:50 PM, C-Beats said:

Could you be more specific? What theme are you using (assume you mean Old Default) and what view are wanting back to the way it was?

Hello, yes i'am using the "old défaut" them. Now i'm back on 12.60 just for 2D cover flow. Maybe a option for switching 2D cover and 3D ? Thx

I dont know if this has been posted already but there are some clipping/rendering issues with the dvd cases. I'm on a 11th Core CPU I7-1195G7. Box cases look fine. Also @C-Beats, can you add that if idle for a user defined number of seconds that the box will start slowly rotating to the right horizontally?

Clipboard013333.png

Edited by The Mask

Little confused why while using the "default theme" in "Vertical View" some platforms are letting me use the 3D rotatable boxes and others are just displaying the old static 3D box. All the platforms are setup the same, so any reason they're not all displaying the rotatable boxes? All the boxes are rotatable when using the cover flow view, its just happening in the vertical views. 

6 hours ago, darreldearth said:

Little confused why while using the "default theme" in "Vertical View" some platforms are letting me use the 3D rotatable boxes and others are just displaying the old static 3D box. All the platforms are setup the same, so any reason they're not all displaying the rotatable boxes? All the boxes are rotatable when using the cover flow view, its just happening in the vertical views. 

Are you using the 3D box image group in those platforms? The ImageView will use the same image group you are using for that platform inside of LaunchBox. It sounds like you are using Front image group on some platforms, and 3D Box image group on others

7 hours ago, C-Beats said:

Are you using the 3D box image group in those platforms? The ImageView will use the same image group you are using for that platform inside of LaunchBox. It sounds like you are using Front image group on some platforms, and 3D Box image group on others

Didn't know they had to be set on a per platform basis in launchbox. Kinda tedious switching when u have a large setup😵. Oddly I was using 3D box for everything in lauchbox but 1/3 of the platforms were still using the 3D rotatable boxes in big box which made it hard to figure out. However, setting everything to use box front images made them all work. Thanks :)

Edited by darreldearth

In themes such as Unified Redux is there still a way to make the original 3D box shown? if so I can't figure it out (and setting the platform to 3D boxes in launchbox doesn't work), because some systems don't have boxes or flyers, such as tiger handheld games which only has 3d boxes which look ugly when placed on the 3D rotatable box. Or is this a theme specific problem and it's based on the theme developer?

4 hours ago, darreldearth said:

In themes such as Unified Redux is there still a way to make the original 3D box shown? if so I can't figure it out (and setting the platform to 3D boxes in launchbox doesn't work), because some systems don't have boxes or flyers, such as tiger handheld games which only has 3d boxes which look ugly when placed on the 3D rotatable box. Or is this a theme specific problem and it's based on the theme developer?

By the look of this new 3D model update, 3D boxes are now useless.

I have literally spent days deleting them all and updating the normal boxart.

On the plus side they do look great once they are all updated, but there should have been an option to turn the 3D option off imo

• Like 2

8 hours ago, darreldearth said:

This was a recent change to that theme. You could simply download an older version and use that if you wish.

• Like 1