LaunchBox Community Forums

13.0 Beta Thread

faeran

Just tried out the 3D box models in Launchbox....very very cool!! Thanks!! A few things:

- I can't seem to maximise it from the carousel window, like you can with the other artwork. Could this be made possible?

- Would it be possible to have left and right spines? For many games they are different.

- When looking at the "3D Model Settings" in the Edit Platform window, there are only 2 model types - Box and DVD case. Could we have CD case and cassette case too please? And ideally Megadrive cases? Or, best of all, allow us to make our own 3D models to import?

- Could we have the option to remove the 3D model box for a platform? For example, in "arcade" I would rather not have the 3D model box in the carousel as there weren't 3D boxes for arcade, and the auto-generated ones therefore don't work.

- For those of us that like to invert vertical mouse on our FPS games, it would be nice to have that option when rotating the box models.

Edited by Retrofrogg
  • Like 2

57 minutes ago, Retrofrogg said:

- Could we have the option to remove the 3D model box for a platform? For example, in "arcade" I would rather not have the 3D model box in the carousel as there weren't 3D boxes for arcade, and the auto-generated ones therefore don't work.

Oh, 3D cabinets for arcade would be really sweet... I'm sure there's no such images floating about, but still...

• Like 4

On 11/12/2022 at 6:12 AM, The Papaw said:

Are there any plans to add the new image folders to the settings so they can be located elsewhere like the rest of our artwork?

Box - Full
Box - Spine

Untitled.thumb.jpg.7444e5cad1248a29394849b5a2c91ba8.jpg

On 11/12/2022 at 4:10 PM, Retrofrogg said:

Just tried out the 3D box models in Launchbox....very very cool!! Thanks!! A few things:

- I can't seem to maximise it from the carousel window, like you can with the other artwork. Could this be made possible?

- Would it be possible to have left and right spines? For many games they are different.

- When looking at the "3D Model Settings" in the Edit Platform window, there are only 2 model types - Box and DVD case. Could we have CD case and cassette case too please? And ideally Megadrive cases? Or, best of all, allow us to make our own 3D models to import?

- For those of us that like to invert vertical mouse on our FPS games, it would be nice to have that option when rotating the box models.

On 11/12/2022 at 5:08 PM, Drybonz said:

Oh, 3D cabinets for arcade would be really sweet... I'm sure there's no such images floating about, but still...

Please start a thread in the Features subforum for "3D Image Options/Types" and open a Bitkbucket Ticket (Feature Request link located at the top of the forum under "Help & Support") then link the ticket in that thread. Add all your wish list items in that one thread. This will allow the team to track requests better, allows users to vote up the request, and keeps the beta thread clean of non-beta troubleshooting posts. 

Let's keep Beta thread posts focused on troubleshooting the beta and not feature requests. 

Done @Retro808. Apologies if those comments shouldn't have been in this thread; as the 3D model box is currently a feature being actively developed in the current beta, I saw these issues as relevant to that ongoing development rather than as separate feature request to be looked at at a different time.

Edited by Retrofrogg

2 hours ago, Retrofrogg said:

Done @Retro808. Apologies if those comments shouldn't have been in this thread; as the 3D model box is currently a feature being actively developed in the current beta, I saw these issues as relevant to that ongoing development rather than as separate feature request to be looked at at a different time.

Thanks for the reply @Retrofrogg

Is not my question related to the new 3D model introduced in the beta? Are not these Newly added folders used to make them happen (that didn't exist until the beta release) ???:oo.O

Edited by The Papaw

Definitly like the custom 3d box settings its definitly useful, what i would suggest though as well which im more than sure is already going to be involved when models come into play, have the option to set the box style by region or by overide, for example with PSX american box's appear to have bumps on their cases whilst the PAL variants have a flat case format, there is also the clear cases for the greatest hit variants

4 hours ago, Retrofrogg said:

No need for apologies. I am just trying to keep betas on point with actual troubleshooting. Yes, your post is related to a new beta feature. However, you are still making a feature request/feature update and once a few of those get added to a beta thread it spirals and more and more users post in here about what they want to see added . This makes it more work for the team to read through and actually see what needs to be fixed (as in what is broken) from the new beta adds. Additionally the requests get lost in the shuffle making that harder to track and trend. 

The new 3D Boxes look cool, I like this new feature!

The only problem I see is that for some reason it uses your image priorities settings for deciding what image type to use instead of what it should actually use, in my case I use the Reconsctucted Box as the number 1 priority which already has the box border, in some platform that ends up looking awful. Here's and example:

3d-box-wrong.thumb.jpg.b80e40fa72d126e4f8edc5a68c5ee620.jpg3d-box-proper.thumb.jpg.d5b7b5d5b729162256788b64720ce69b.jpg

Left image is what it looks like for me, right one is how it should look.

Wouldn't make more sense in this case to ignore user's preferences and pick the proper image type, or have a separate setting?

Edited by Suhrvivor

Hi,

Can't tell which version the bug has been there, but it's been for quite a while:

image.thumb.png.0714d7c30e36271e89b82ee5a915edcd.png

This happens when at least manually renaming a title that has a video attached to it. For me it looks like the video file is locked (opened, but not running on the game information side on the right). But that shouldn't be how it works, more like a bug.

I'm trying to fix names according to how they are written on the cover (as it's meant to be regarding database guidelines). But almost each time I rename a missing name, this what happens with the video - I have to rename it by hand as well since it remains with the old name.

Could you please look into it? Thanks!

EDIT: I haven't reported this before, because it seems random, sometimes easy to reproduce and sometimes nothing happens out of the ordinary.

Edited by kurzih

22 hours ago, kurzih said:

Hi,

Can't tell which version the bug has been there, but it's been for quite a while:

image.thumb.png.0714d7c30e36271e89b82ee5a915edcd.png

This happens when at least manually renaming a title that has a video attached to it. For me it looks like the video file is locked (opened, but not running on the game information side on the right). But that shouldn't be how it works, more like a bug.

I'm trying to fix names according to how they are written on the cover (as it's meant to be regarding database guidelines). But almost each time I rename a missing name, this what happens with the video - I have to rename it by hand as well since it remains with the old name.

Could you please look into it? Thanks!

EDIT: I haven't reported this before, because it seems random, sometimes easy to reproduce and sometimes nothing happens out of the ordinary.

Can you switch to a different theme and tell us if you are still seeing that.

Hi,

I'm not sure if this is a bug, or if this is intended. Loading ActiveGame images now take about 0.5 - 1.0 seconds longer. I only know this because I have some themes that show a black screen while games are transitioning form one to another, and when the black screen disappears, it still is showing the images of a previous game for about 0.5 - 1.0 seconds until it loads the new ones.

Not a big deal. If this is intended for active game images to take slightly longer to load that's cool. I'm just curious if I should start changing my timing settings to adjust.

Thanks!

18 minutes ago, faeran said:

Can you switch to a different theme and tell us if you are still seeing that.

I'm afraid it doesn't look to be theme related:

image.thumb.png.e9eb3074fa6c8ff307b6452a9958e0b2.png

I tried to replicate the error with the same title on that screenshot, but haven't been able to. Really weird... random bug maybe 😤

By the way, the only reason I'm not using the new default theme is the lack of title name in text without the need to click:

Some games have funky logos and for Japanese games I'd rather see the name in Latin alphabet (I can read some Japanese, but very slow). Any chance of having an option to have the title always displayed in text below the cover? I also liked that we could see the developer as well without the need to click:

image.thumb.png.fb2a5052c46f7a936e7f6a3de83913c4.png

Just reporting strange event. I went to update some media for my Arcade platform. I only selected boxes, spines (fronts, backs, 3d's, etc.), one image and replace option, using recommended not to replace existing data. I started it like 6:00am this morning.

I minimized it and kinda forgot about it. I opened it up a few minutes ago (over 3 hours later) and it's hung on Searching EmuMovies for 3DO Interactive Multiplayer

Untitled.thumb.jpg.22a8c0a2cd42d9b3546cfeefeeed7e86.jpg

Don't know why it is searching for 3DO stuff, is it suppose to do that?

Cancel wouldn't kill it the process, had to kill LB with task manager, just reporting it (beta 13.2)

3 hours ago, kurzih said:

By the way, the only reason I'm not using the new default theme is the lack of title name in text without the need to click:

Some games have funky logos and for Japanese games I'd rather see the name in Latin alphabet (I can read some Japanese, but very slow). Any chance of having an option to have the title always displayed in text below the cover? I also liked that we could see the developer as well without the need to click:

For the default theme, this is an option that you turn on, either from the text button in the button's bar, or under View > Show / Hide > Text on All Games

While the default theme will most likely remain this way, it's extremely customizable through theming, and a number of themes do this differently.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, The Papaw said:

Just reporting strange event. I went to update some media for my Arcade platform. I only selected boxes, spines (fronts, backs, 3d's, etc.), one image and replace option, using recommended not to replace existing data. I started it like 6:00am this morning.

I minimized it and kinda forgot about it. I opened it up a few minutes ago (over 3 hours later) and it's hung on Searching EmuMovies for 3DO Interactive Multiplayer

Untitled.thumb.jpg.22a8c0a2cd42d9b3546cfeefeeed7e86.jpg

Don't know why it is searching for 3DO stuff, is it suppose to do that?

Cancel wouldn't kill it the process, had to kill LB with task manager, just reporting it (beta 13.2)

This could be because of some weirdness going on with your ListCache.xml file.

Close out LaunchBox (wait for it to remove from your processes), go into LaunchBox\Data and delete your ListCache.xml file. Reopen LaunchBox and run your Arcade media download again and see if it's any different.

Beta 4 is now out with the following changes:

• Improvement: Added the following new bindings to the Big Box FlowControl - MinimumAnimationSpeed, DelaySelectedItemAnimation, EasingFunction, SelectedItemEasingFunction (for theme devs)
  • Fixed: Potential error in Big Box attract mode caused by badgers (er, badges)
  • Fixed: Potential missing videos when scraping EmuMovies for the Arcade platform
  • Fixed: The premium message in Add/Edit Platform 3D Model tab was always displayed
  • Fixed: Add/Edit Platform Folder tab didn't list the new image types

At this point, we are gearing up towards an official release, so thanks to all for helping test this version. There were a lot of great ideas discussed by you guys and internally on our team for the new 3D Box Models. We will be looking to continue to expand on the 3D Box Model feature in future versions, so submitting bitbucket tickets and voting for the ones you want to see most is much appreciated.

• Like 6
  • Game On 1