LaunchBox Community Forums

13.0 Beta Thread

faeran

Hey!

Im experiencing crashes with BB when ever i go to options manage pause/startup themes.

This is the crash generated

Unable to cast object of type 'Unbroken.LaunchBox.Themes.ThemeScreenshot' to type 'Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Themes.ThemeScreenshot'.

App:     Big Box
Version: 13.0-beta-1
Type:    System.InvalidCastException
Site:    Boolean MoveNext()
Source:  System.Linq

at System.Linq.Enumerable.CastIterator[TResult](IEnumerable source)+MoveNext()
   at System.Collections.Generic.EnumerableHelpers.ToArray[T](IEnumerable`1 source, Int32& length)
   at System.Linq.Buffer`1..ctor(IEnumerable`1 source)
   at System.Linq.OrderedEnumerable`1.GetEnumerator()+MoveNext()
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.BigBox.ViewModels.ThemeDetailsViewModel.GetTag(Object )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.BigBox.ViewModels.ThemeDetailsViewModel..ctor(Theme theme, ThemeManagerViewModel themeManagerViewModel)
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.BigBox.ViewModels.ThemeManagerViewModel.set_Themes(BindableCollection`1 value)
   at ModelProcess.CompareWorker(Object , BindableCollection`1 value, ModelProcess )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.BigBox.ViewModels.ThemeManagerViewModel.OnEnter()
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.BigBox.ViewModels.ThemeManagerViewModel.<>c__DisplayClass43_0.ConnectSessionIssuer(Object )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.BigBox.ViewModels.ThemeManagerViewModel.<>c__DisplayClass43_0.SelectDic()
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeDelegateCore()
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Wait(TimeSpan timeout)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.InvokeImpl(DispatcherOperation operation, CancellationToken cancellationToken, TimeSpan timeout)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.Invoke(Action callback, DispatcherPriority priority, CancellationToken cancellationToken, TimeSpan timeout)
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Threading.Invoke(Action callback, DispatcherPriority priority)
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.BigBox.ViewModels.ThemeManagerViewModel.<>c__DisplayClass43_0.PrepareSessionIssuer(Object , DispatcherPriority )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.BigBox.ViewModels.ThemeManagerViewModel.<>c__DisplayClass43_0.ListDic()
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Threading.<>c__DisplayClass0_0.RestartIterableConnection(Object )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Threading.<>c__DisplayClass0_0.CompareFocusConfig()
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

Recent Log:

18:03:22 Exception

Edited by Undertherainbow

51 minutes ago, Undertherainbow said:

Hey!

Im experiencing crashes with BB when ever i go to options manage pause/startup themes.

This is the crash generated

Thanks, yeah this was reported and has been corrected internally. It'll be resolved in the next beta release.

• Thanks 1

I played around with that site some time ago by opening a game box page using Additional Apps for various games that I have.
It was nice to right-click a game and run the Additional App to display the relevant box and rotate the box via the keyboard. But it was a novelty and I rarely use the feature now. Mind you, it will be interesting to see where Jason and his team take their 3D box project.

Since upgrading to beta 13 from 12.6 my start up movies play for a split second before going straight into big box. It was if a button was pressed to bypass, but nothing was pressed. Is this a known issue with the beta. I didn't pay attention and just upgraded without realizing it was a beta. I tried reinstalling 12.6 over 13 but it just gives me an error and launchbox/big box won't load. As a result I had to reinstall the beta to be able to start up launchbox/big box again.

I have a problem which i'm not sure if it's the beta but when i'm selecting multiple games (edit: but also single games) (in this case Clutch Hitter and Cobra-Command for arcade) and use the download media tool under tools, I unchecked "Search for game information", then in the LBDB section I only select Advertisement Flyer Back (everything else in unchecked), next for Emumovies I unchecked everything. Then 'Yes but do not update existing fields (recommended)'. Then it searches for media and get the message it's been updated but when I look in my images it didn't download the Flyers. When I select a single game and go to edit/media/images and use the download button here I use the same settings as above and they do download. Does it behave like this as well on your end? The Flyers Back are available to download in their corresponding database entry so that's not it i'm afraid.

1 hour ago, Mr. RetroLust said:

When I select a single game and go to edit/media/images and use the download button here I use the same settings as above and they do download. 

This sounds just like a problem I posted about in the "troubleshooting" forum a month or two ago, but didn't get any replies.

@Mr. RetroLust @Drybonz This is LaunchBox working as intended. If you uncheck that box we don't search in LaunchBox GamesDB for metadata OR media and since you also unchecked EmuMovies you didn't actually tell LaunchBox you wanted to grab anything at all and so it spins up, acts like it'll start grabbing something, then immediately stops with nothing gained.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, C-Beats said:

@Mr. RetroLust @Drybonz This is LaunchBox working as intended. If you uncheck that box we don't search in LaunchBox GamesDB for metadata OR media and since you also unchecked EmuMovies you didn't actually tell LaunchBox you wanted to grab anything at all and so it spins up, acts like it'll start grabbing something, then immediately stops with nothing gained.

Thanks for checking. What I dont want is the metadata to be changed as I changed a lot of the metadata to my own tastes. If you uncheck metadata wouldnt it be logical that you dont get the download media window afterwards if its not going to download anything because of it? Also if I uncheck everything in the download window for Emumovies why wouldnt it download what I checked for LBDB then? Im confused lol

35 minutes ago, Mr. RetroLust said:

Thanks for checking. What I dont want is the metadata to be changed as I changed a lot of the metadata to my own tastes. If you uncheck metadata wouldnt it be logical that you dont get the download media window afterwards if its not going to download anything because of it? Also if I uncheck everything in the download window for Emumovies why wouldnt it download what I checked for LBDB then? Im confused lol

Yeah, I admit showing that page with that box unchecked does make it a bit confusing. You should have no problem doing what you want though. Checking "Do not replace..." (middle option) also applies for metadata and so we won't overwrite data you have in that field (if you have anything). If feeling a bit uneasy about it still, just create a backup first, run the tool, then spot check a few items. See any changes you don't want just restore the backup.

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, C-Beats said:

Yeah, I admit showing that page with that box unchecked does make it a bit confusing. You should have no problem doing what you want though. Checking "Do not replace..." (middle option) also applies for metadata and so we won't overwrite data you have in that field (if you have anything). If feeling a bit uneasy about it still, just create a backup first, run the tool, then spot check a few items. See any changes you don't want just restore the backup.

Great idea and tip, i'll try that! Thanks man :)

Hey guys.

Just a quick controller problem I found in the latest beta. I'm using the dualsense controller with BB and up until now, I've never used the right analog stick up, down, left and right for anything in BB so I don't know if this problem has been around for a few versions of BB or if it's a new problem to this beta. I've only used the R3 button to change themes. So when I try to assign the 3D box rotation controls to the right analog direction controls, BB doesn't detect them but if I use any other button or any of the left analog stick directions, BB detects them no problem. If I use DS4Windows to switch the controller from dinput mode to xinput mode, BB detects the right analog directions correctly so it sounds like a problem with dinput controls and controllers in BB. Anyone else also having this problem?

Edited by Azgorath

Beta 2 is out now with the following changes:

• New Premium Feature: LaunchBox now supports 3D models for boxes as well; they are available in most existing themes in the Game Details panel and can be rotated with a mouse or a controller
  • New Feature: 3D model settings are now available as platform-specific settings under Tools > Manage > Platforms in LaunchBox. Each platform now has a new "3D Model Settings" tab that lets you customize everything from what type of box to use to the sizing and coloring of the boxes.
  • Fixed: The Big Box Theme Manager should once again be accessible (introduced in 13.0 beta 1)
  • Like 5

I am working on a theme using CTC and am having video issues with both beta 13.1 & 2 only in the Fullscreen Coverflow view. I am playing a "select item video", but have a secondary video to play if there is no "select item video". It only plays the secondary video for every game. However,  It works as expected in other view type like horizontal view, but in the Fullscreen Coverflow, nadda.

I have also noticed that you can change nothing as far as the wheel itself, other than its size. Is this something @y2guru will need to look into or a LB thing due to the new 3D box features?

The new 3D box feature in LaunchBox is very nice indeed and rotation is really smooth, just like playing with a real box in your hands!
Are there any plans to add to the existing two Model types of Box and DVD case, such as CD Jewel case, Cassette (Norelco) standard and dual cases and others?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, faeran said:

Beta 2 is out now with the following changes:

• New Premium Feature: LaunchBox now supports 3D models for boxes as well; they are available in most existing themes in the Game Details panel and can be rotated with a mouse or a controller
  • New Feature: 3D model settings are now available as platform-specific settings under Tools > Manage > Platforms in LaunchBox. Each platform now has a new "3D Model Settings" tab that lets you customize everything from what type of box to use to the sizing and coloring of the boxes.
  • Fixed: The Big Box Theme Manager should once again be accessible (introduced in 13.0 beta 1)

Wow! Very cool feature! It's a lot of fun playing around with the 3D models in Launchbox. Thanks a lot for adding this.

@faeran @Jason Carr I'm not sure if I missed this somewhere, but is it possible to reorganize the order of the images on the right panel? For example, the 3D model (box) is the first image, but I'd rather have the screenshot there first instead, like it was before this release

Edited by bundangdon
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, spycat said:

The new 3D box feature in LaunchBox is very nice indeed and rotation is really smooth, just like playing with a real box in your hands!
Are there any plans to add to the existing two Model types of Box and DVD case, such as CD Jewel case, Cassette (Norelco) standard and dual cases and others?

Yes, but they likely won't make it into this release. We do plan to expand out the models here soon though.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1