LaunchBox Community Forums

13.9 Beta Thread

faeran

16 hours ago, TheNewClassics said:

Thanks for the update LB team. For whatever reason, the Game Discovery Center is having issues for me. Once I scroll down about 5 or 6 times, the options don't show up, and all I see is the background. It seems to consistently be a problem once I get to the Compete for High Scores tab.

Added a couple screenshots of issues I'm having. The text is large if no clear logo is present. The second image shows what happens if I scroll down several times.

Screenshot (5).png

Screenshot (6).png

Can you give us more details about your display, the resolution, the scaling, or anything else you can think of that might be out of the ordinary with your setup.

16 hours ago, Rlad said:

Says im connected to the RA API, scanned games but no information in  LB or BB.

Also this error when i pressed down.

Screenshot2023-12-11223948.thumb.jpg.b22be04c02a1ec0bb1cd9813ff350139.jpg

Debug 2023-12-11 11-15-56 PM.log 134.65 kB · 0 downloads

Thanks. We were able to reproduce that navigation bug and we'll get it fixed up.

As far as why you are not seeing any Achievement information, that's still unclear. You could potentially try and reset your RetroAchievement webAPI, then update it in LaunchBox and see if that changes anything for you.

15 hours ago, Drybonz said:

As of beta 5 the auto populate issue I had mentioned still exists.  I'm sure you guys may not have had time to look at it, but no one had replied about it so I'm just posting this feedback in the event that you thought it had been fixed during the beta updates.

I did a few tests but aren't seeing anything out of the ordinary with regards to the auto-pop system. We also haven't touched this system in a very long time. Can you open up a separate thread and show your exact playlist rules, what games you are expecting to see, and what games you are seeing instead.

15 hours ago, Sbaby said:

Crash when scrolling the platform manager.mkv 1.22 MB · 1 download

I think it happens when displaying the iso path of my playstation 3 which are all on an external disk ( H: ) at this time it was not connected.

I believe this is something that's always been the case when it comes to missing folder locations. Can you add your 2 cents to this ticket so we can keep track of it:  https://bitbucket.org/jasondavidcarr/launchbox/issues/8030/hard-crash-while-using-platform-edit

14 hours ago, SqHd said:

LB beta 5, default theme:

• testing RA account in the tools->options->integrations takes 20 - 30 secs in beta 5 (2 secs in beta 4)
  • scanning for achievements stalls for a minute before starting in beta 5 (instantaneous start in beta 4)
  • scanning for achievements bar no longer shows progress or file names while scanning in beta 5 (worked in beta 4)
  • Retro achievements section not showing up in game details sidebar on the right in beta 5 (worked in beta 4)
    • Do we need to do a full scan again for beta 5?
  • Retro score window opens and just sits at "fetching information" for 10+ mins (worked in beta 4)

9 hours ago, SqHd said:

Really enjoying having achievements working in BigBox again. Also, the Discovery Center updates are outstanding! Nice touch letting us bind it to a controller button. Would you be able to bring back binding the achievement profile to a button? I didn’t see it as an option anymore. Thx. 

Interesting feedback. Between the two betas nothing was actually changed code-wise when it comes to the RetroAchievement integration, so my best guess is that their API may have been getting hit harder the second time you tested with beta 5.

Good to hear about the Discovery Center.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, faeran said:

Beta 5 is out with some further fixes to this morning's beta:

• Improvement: The new Xbox login will now automatically attempt to re-authenticate you when your token has expired
  • Fixed: Button mappings not working when navigating a manuals from the Pause Menu
  • Fixed: Incorrect RetroAchievement header in LaunchBox's Default theme's expanded overlay
  • Fixed: Crash caused in Big Box's Platform Categories section, when entering into a category using certain themes

We are hoping that this brings us close to a release candidate here, with an official release pending shortly after. All feedback with this beta is greatly appreciated.

Just here to confirm that every issue I've had is now fixed for me too. Great and fast work guys !

1 hour ago, faeran said:

As far as why you are not seeing any Achievement information, that's still unclear. You could potentially try and reset your RetroAchievement webAPI, then update it in LaunchBox and see if that changes anything for you.

My bad, i'd used my password not the web key, everything working now.

2 hours ago, faeran said:

I did a few tests but aren't seeing anything out of the ordinary with regards to the auto-pop system. We also haven't touched this system in a very long time. Can you open up a separate thread and show your exact playlist rules, what games you are expecting to see, and what games you are seeing instead.

Sure... no problem.  Thanks for replying.  The new thread is here:   Auto-Populate Rules Not Working - Troubleshooting - LaunchBox Community Forums (launchbox-app.com)

I have found a small bug (not sure if it is was caused by this update or a previous one): When manually merging a game from Amazon Games with another one (from Steam, Epic, etc). The "Install Amazon Games Version..." name gets replaced by "Install  Version...".

image.thumb.png.a3cda685df0768102ab984e79238c697.png

19 hours ago, faeran said:

Beta 5 is out with some further fixes to this morning's beta:

• Improvement: The new Xbox login will now automatically attempt to re-authenticate you when your token has expired
  • Fixed: Button mappings not working when navigating a manuals from the Pause Menu
  • Fixed: Incorrect RetroAchievement header in LaunchBox's Default theme's expanded overlay
  • Fixed: Crash caused in Big Box's Platform Categories section, when entering into a category using certain themes

We are hoping that this brings us close to a release candidate here, with an official release pending shortly after. All feedback with this beta is greatly appreciated.

Don't know if this is beta related, but I found couple of issues that I think are worth noting:

1. There seems to be an issue with the search by letter option on big box. I have tested this on several themes, and all seem to have the same issue. When scrolling through the letters on the search by letter widget, sometimes the letter you stop at does not match the game shown. For example, if I stop on the letter "A", the game I get is Cabel, instead of an "A" lettered game. Etc.  Below are screenshots showing this error on 4 different themes. This seems to happen while fast scrolling threw the letters. 

2. To see if this issue was related to my install of launchbox, I re-installed launchbox from scratch. After doing so, I noticed that the search by letter error still existed but at same time I noticed another error. This time, on the recent games section of the default big box theme, I noticed that there was one game already on the list, even though I have not played any games with this build yet (see 5th screenshot). Also, while the other boxes remained un-populated (no box art), if you click on any of the other "empty" boxes, it takes you to a game anyways. This list is supposed to be clean, isn't it?

Screenshot 2023-12-12 110320.png

Screenshot 2023-12-12 110703.png

Screenshot 2023-12-12 110945.png

Screenshot 2023-12-12 111139.png

Screenshot 2023-12-12 111757.png

36 minutes ago, J0R6IT0 said:

I have found a small bug (not sure if it is was caused by this update or a previous one): When manually merging a game from Amazon Games with another one (from Steam, Epic, etc). The "Install Amazon Games Version..." name gets replaced by "Install  Version...".

image.thumb.png.a3cda685df0768102ab984e79238c697.png

It's possible it's always been like this. Hard to say, but we'll look into it.

11 minutes ago, Vader said:

Don't know if this is beta related, but I found couple of issues that I think are worth noting:

1. There seems to be an issue with the search by letter option on big box. I have tested this on several themes, and all seem to have the same issue. When scrolling through the letters on the search by letter widget, sometimes the letter you stop at does not match the game shown. For example, if I stop on the letter "A", the game I get is Cabel, instead of an "A" lettered game. Etc.  Below are screenshots showing this error on 4 different themes. This seems to happen while fast scrolling threw the letters. 

2. To see if this issue was related to my install of launchbox, I re-installed launchbox from scratch. After doing so, I noticed that the search by letter error still existed but at same time I noticed another error. This time, on the recent games section of the default big box theme, I noticed that there was one game already on the list, even though I have not played any games with this build yet (see 5th screenshot). Also, while the other boxes remained un-populated (no box art), if you click on any of the other "empty" boxes, it takes you to a game anyways. This list is supposed to be clean, isn't it?

Screenshot 2023-12-12 110320.png

Screenshot 2023-12-12 110703.png

Screenshot 2023-12-12 110945.png

Screenshot 2023-12-12 111139.png

Screenshot 2023-12-12 111757.png

For your first one there, it's possible that's how it's always worked. If your list doesn't contain a game with the letter you have landed on, the game it remains on is the one that came before it. It's also possible you may be experiencing some lag with it, causing some errors with where you are landing, but I just did a quick test on my slow mechanical hard drive build across a number of themes, but things seem to be working as expected.

Your second point is also as expected. It populates itself first with either recently added games or recently modified (I can't remember which one at this moment), to make sure something appears there right away. Then your recently played games will quickly take over.

Thanks for the reports.

22 minutes ago, faeran said:

It's possible it's always been like this. Hard to say, but we'll look into it.

For your first one there, it's possible that's how it's always worked. If your list doesn't contain a game with the letter you have landed on, the game it remains on is the one that came before it. It's also possible you may be experiencing some lag with it, causing some errors with where you are landing, but I just did a quick test on my slow mechanical hard drive build across a number of themes, but things seem to be working as expected.

Your second point is also as expected. It populates itself first with either recently added games or recently modified (I can't remember which one at this moment), to make sure something appears there right away. Then your recently played games will quickly take over.

Thanks for the reports.

Here is a short video showing what is going on with the search by letter widget. Sorry for the wonkiness of the video, I was trying to record with one hand and run bigbox with the other.

Thanks

Add me to the list of peeps who are having issues with this latest build (13.0-beta-5).

Specifically I'm having issues with 3D boxes and their scaling, I immediately noticed they were too small when viewed using the Default theme in coverflow or coverflow with details view. which you can see in the image provided for yourself. Also noticed some crazy scaling issues in the "Light" theme as well.

Sure hoping this can get sorted out toot sweet. ^^

Untitled-1.jpg

Beta 6 is out with the following:

• Re-added the Achievement Profile input mappings in Big Box
  • Reduced API calls when loading the RetroAchievement leaderboard
  • Fixed: Rare crashes with the automatic storefront imports
  • Fixed: A Game Discovery Center list issue when a user had not yet played a game
  • Fixed: Game Discovery Center sometimes not displaying the next list until selected
  • Fixed: Camera positioning of the wheel for some Big Box views
  • Fixed: Navigation bug in Big Box's RetroAchievement profile when the user had no recent activity
  • Fixed: When combining games, games imported from Amazon Games or Xbox import wizard didn't generate the correct additional application name
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Game On 1

3 hours ago, L4ZYD4NE said:

Add me to the list of peeps who are having issues with this latest build (13.0-beta-5).

Specifically I'm having issues with 3D boxes and their scaling, I immediately noticed they were too small when viewed using the Default theme in coverflow or coverflow with details view. which you can see in the image provided for yourself. Also noticed some crazy scaling issues in the "Light" theme as well.

Sure hoping this can get sorted out toot sweet. ^^

Untitled-1.jpg

Beta 6 should fix what you are seeing.

3 hours ago, Vader said:

Here is a short video showing what is going on with the search by letter widget. Sorry for the wonkiness of the video, I was trying to record with one hand and run bigbox with the other.

Thanks

You may want to open a separate thread where some discussion and troubleshooting can take place for this issue for you. Remember to add as much details as you can about your hardware and your LaunchBox setup.

7 hours ago, faeran said:

I believe this is something that's always been the case when it comes to missing folder locations. Can you add your 2 cents to this ticket so we can keep track of it:  https://bitbucket.org/jasondavidcarr/launchbox/issues/8030/hard-crash-while-using-platform-edit

Ok thanks . 

in the meantime I can confirm that the problem is due to the presence or absence of the external disk containing the roms. That is, as you can see from this video, if I insert my external disk containing the playstation 3 roms in H:\PS3ISO the launchbox behaves correctly and does not crash. But if the external disk H: is not present it crashes

2023-12-13 00-06-00.mkv

10 hours ago, faeran said:

Can you give us more details about your display, the resolution, the scaling, or anything else you can think of that might be out of the ordinary with your setup.

Thanks. We were able to reproduce that navigation bug and we'll get it fixed up.

Interesting feedback. Between the two betas nothing was actually changed code-wise when it comes to the RetroAchievement integration, so my best guess is that their API may have been getting hit harder the second time you tested with beta 5.

Good to hear about the Discovery Center.

I currently have my PC hooked to an 8K TV, so could it just be a scaling issue? I believe it scales up 500% by default. I'll check it on lower scaling when I get a chance.

Just checked. Doesn't appear to be affected by changing the scaling.

Edited by TheNewClassics

I am not sure if this is beta related or not since retro achievements have been hooked back up. One thing I have noticed is that some (not all) of my games are showing that they do not have a retro achievement available on the side details bar in LaunchBox even though they do according to the retro achievement website. I have compared the hash of my games to the hash on the retro achievement website and it matches perfectly. One example of a game is Bangai-O for the Sega Dreamcast so I looked in my Dreamcast .xml file and noticed that the retro achievements hash did not match the hash that was on the retro achievements website so that's probably why no achievements showed up for that particular game. I am assuming that the hash that is in the xml file is what is pulled from their website, so not sure why that hash did not match the one from their website? I have also ran a complete rescan of all my games for retro achievements in LB and it is still pulling back some wrong hashes from certain games when I compare them to the hash on the retro achievement website as they do not match up.

One other thing to note is when I just run the game through Retroarch and not LB it detects that I have the correct hash and shows the achievements that are available. 

• Like 1