LaunchBox Community Forums

Nintendo 64

25 files

1. Virtual Pro Wrestling 64 (Japan) Manual PDF

Virtual Pro Wrestling 64 (Japan) Manual PDF
    Original Scans Found via Archive.org
    Cleaned and de-skewed pages.
    Used Adobe Photoshop Content aware to fix page edges.
    b safe all.
    This is not to be sold.

8 downloads

(0 reviews)

0 comments

Submitted

2. Nintendo 64 3D Box

New 3d model

159 downloads

(0 reviews)

0 comments

Updated

(0 reviews)

0 comments

Submitted

3. Collection of N64 Aspect Ratio 4:3 Fixes for Retroarch

This is a collection of Aspect Ratio Fixes I did in Retroarch for N64 tested on the 2 main emulators, Parallel/Mupen. I used the Image Adjustment Shader in slang to properly fill out the game to 4:3 since there's no way to automatically do this for n64 games, unlike every other console.
    To install, unzip and drop the files into (whatever Retroarch folder is named)/config/Mupen64Plus-Next or ParaLLEl N64
    Depending on which emulator you're using, then make sure shaders are turned on in the quick menu when retroarch has an n64 game open.
    Might also have to update the slang shaders in retroarch under main menu/online updater and restart.
    If update slang shaders isn't an option in online updater, change the video driver in settings/drivers in the retroarch menu to something other than gl, Vulkan or Direct X works, and restart.
    Also make sure the rom names match the config file names added in this, if not change the names to match

30 downloads

(0 reviews)

0 comments

Updated

4. Nintendo 64 USA Box Set (Front + Back + Spine), 297 Games

Another continuation of the sets I made. Same as the others, the set was made with all games linked to a database ID.

There is no known missing parts to the games I have on here, so should be pretty complete. Please note that the spine on N64 titles goes across the top and bottom, not the sides.
    Again, this is mainly meant as a stopgap while Launchbox's database fills out with full sets for the systems.

381 downloads

(0 reviews)

2 comments

Submitted

5. Nintendo 64 N64 | Widescreen Project | List of Working Widescreen Games and Config Files for Mupen64Plus-Next RetroArch Core

This pack will make all these compatible games as wide as possible and fill the screen as much as they can while correctly scaling everything. 

There are 100 games that work in widescreen.

What you get for the Mupen64Plus-Next Core in RetroArch:
    -Game Specific Core Option files (.opt) for widescreen games that work with the Wide Adjusted (GLide64 Plugin Only)
    -Game Specific Custom Resolution Configuration files (.cfg) to 'zoom' into the image making it as large as possible while retaining the proper scale. 
    -Game Specific Core Option files and Custom Resolution Configuration files for native widescreen games. 

Please note that the resolution has been set to 1280x720 Wide Adjusted. Everything else is default. If you change the internal resolution of the core it will remove the custom resolution which is what zooms the image. I'm not sure why RetroArch does this. If you want to change the resolution do it before adding the .cfg file to RetroArch.

For native widescreen games: do not forget to set the proper IN GAME display setting. All of the native games will appear to be zoomed in too much until this is done. Instructions, correct settings and info on how display settings are auto loaded in game for your next play are in the list below.

As usual back up your own files if you have them, just in case. Make sure your games and the files are named the same.
    And remember we are forcing widescreen on games that didn't support it, some UI or menus may appear stretched or within the 4:3 space.

Where do I put these files? Easy.   RetroArch/config/Mupen64Plus-Next - Place files here

I intend to put this pack out at other resolutions to save people some time. If everyone can let me know their preferred resolution. I know N64 is very subjective.

So, after realising Mupen64Plus-Next with the GLide64 plugin has a 'Wide Adjusted' setting I tested a few games. I was shocked at how well it worked, going in with low expectations. 
    So, I did what I do best. Tested the entire USA/European (and some Japanese games too) with this setting to see what games would work with no pop in or other issues.
    Then log all this information and present a pack to download.

There are also a number of native widescreen games with a 'Letterbox', 'Hi Rez' or 'Wide' mode. Some of games these were designed with widescreen TV's that have a zoom capability in mind. Scaling everything (including menus etc) into a 16:9ish box. With these games I was able to set a custom resolution via a game override to effectively zoom into the image, filling the entire screen..ish. For e.g. Jet Force Gemini has a widescreen setting that creates a 16:9 image in the 4:3 space, all I did was scale this image up to fill the 16:9 screen space and boom...full screen true anamorphic 16:9. 

Not all games scale to 16:9. I didn't want any distortion and wanted every to scale correctly. As a result some games came up just shy of 16:9. Some games like Wave Race 64 end up with a letterbox look. 

Some other "native" widescreen games aren't really made with widescreen TV's in mind. More like bringing a widescreen experience to a 4:3 TV. This is evident from the lack of scaling in the menu systems when using its widescreen function (unless TV's back then auto scaled according to what's on screen?). Also things like in Hybrid Heaven where its health/energy meter is outside the widescreen image when using that mode, if a TV were to zoom in you couldn't see the health/energy meter. I have made a list of these games and why widescreen doesn't really work with them despite having widescreen options and appearing in "native widescreen lists" online. 

Standout games that work really well are:
    Diddy Kong Racing
    Goldeneye
    AreoGauge
    Snowboard Kids 1 & 2
    And.... well all of it 

So after all that I can safely say I have caught the majority, if not all of the working N64 widescreen games and created a configuration file for it.
    Below is the list of games working in widescreen in categories. 

Native Widescreen Games That Can Be Scaled Into Full Screen
    For native widescreen games do not forget to set the proper IN GAME display setting. All of the native games will appear to be zoomed in too much until this is done.
    007: The World Is Not Enough -Go to 'Options' from main menu and in the 'Graphics' setting change 'Aspect Ratio' to 'Widescreen'.
    -This title DOES NOT auto load save data on startup. This title saves option settings on a per save file basis and WILL automatically apply the 16:9 setting upon load. Armorines: Project S.W.A.R.M. -Go to 'Options' from the main menu and select 'Options' then change 'Resolution' to 'HI-REZ-LB'
    -This title DOES NOT automatically load display settings even upon loading a save file. You will need to set 'HI-REZ-LB' every time you start the game. Banjo-Tooie -Go to 'Settings' (the honeycomb TV) from the main menu then change 'Wide-Screen Mode' to 'ON'.
    -This title WILL auto load the game save data on satrtup and widescreen will be automatically active. Donkey Kong 64 -Go to 'Options' (the question mark) from the main menu, change 'Screen Size' to 'Widescreen'.
    -This title DOES NOT auto load save data on startup. It also doesn't save the widescreen setting to a save file, meaning you'll have to set it to widescreen each time you startup the game. GoldenEye 007 -Widescreen can only be activated from the pause menu in game. Go to the fourth menu on the watch, set 'Ratio' to '16:9'. 'Screen' should be on 'Full'.
    -This title WILL load the game save data on startup and widescreen will be automatically active. Only after completing the first level or quitting via the pause menu will a save be made. Jet Force Gemini -Go to ''Options' from the main menu and selesct the bottom left icon (<-->) and change this to 'Widescreen'.
    -This title WILL auto load the game save data on start-up and widescreen will be automatically active Mickey's Speedway USA -From main menu select 'Options' then select 'Wide-Screen Settings' and change to 'Wide-Screen [16:9]'.
    -This title WILL load the game save data on startup and widescreen will be automatically active.
    -This title is an odd one. It has a 16:9 setting while in 4:3 that squashes and distorts the image into a letterbox. However, adjusting this to fit the proper 16:9 space perfectly scales everything. Mission: Impossible -Widescreen can only be activated from the pause menu in game. Go to 'Options' and change 'Aspect Ratio' to '16:9'.
    -This title saves option settings on a per save file basis and WILL automatically apply the 16:9 setting upon load. This means each in game save file will need to be set to display 16:9 for it to automatically load that way. Perfect Dark -Widescreen can only be activated from the first terminal in the game. The one you are standing at immediately after creating an agent file. Go right to 'Options' and select 'Video' then change 'Ratio' to '16:9'. 'Screen Size' should be 'Full' and 'Hi-Rez' unchecked.
    -This title saves option settings on a per save file basis and WILL automatically apply the 16:9 setting upon load. This means each in game save file will need to be set to display 16:9 for it to automatically load that way. South Park -Go to 'Options' from the main menu and change the bottom option to 'HI-REZ (TM) LETTERBOX'
    -This title DOES NOT automatically load display settings even upon loading a save file. You will need to set 'HI-REZ (TM) LETTERBOX' every time you start the game. Starshot: Space Circus Fever -Widescreen can only be activated from the pause menu in game. Go to 'Options' then select 'Video Settings' and change to '16/9 Ratio'.
    -This title WILL auto load the game save data on startup and widescreen will be automatically active. Superman: The New Superman Adventures -Widescreen can only be activated from the pause menu in game. Go to 'Display' and change to 'Normal'. This is used as well as the adjusted wide screen function in Mupen64plus to achieve full 16:9.
    -I didn't play this far enough (because it's garbage) for a save to trigger so no idea if it auto loads display settings. Top Gear Overdrive -Go to 'Setup' from the main menu and change 'Hi Rez' to 'Full'
    -This title WILL auto load the game save data on start-up and widescreen will be automatically active Turok 2 - Seeds of Evil -Go to 'Options' from the main menu or the pause menu and change 'Resolution' to 'HI-REZ-LB'
    -This title DOES NOT automatically load display settings even upon loading a save file. You will need to set 'HI-REZ-LB' every time you start the game. Turok 3 - Shadow of Oblivion -Go to 'Options' from the main menu or the pause menu and select 'Display' then change 'Resolution' to 'Letter Box'.
    -This title DOES NOT automatically load display settings even upon loading a save file. You will need to set 'Letter Box' every time you start the game.  

Letterbox Games That Work Better With The 'Adjusted Widescreen' Hack

Daikatana -Hi Rez/Wide looks really bad. Vasaleine look to the max.
    -'Adjusted 16:9' option works just fine as an alternative. However cut scenes are jacked. Hybrid Heaven -'Letterbox' mode only applies when in game. When using the 'letterbox' mode the health/energy meter when playing in game sits between the edge of the letterboxed image and the blank space above it. This is because the letterbox mode in this particular title was intended to bring a widescreen experience to a 4:3 TV.
    -'Adjusted 16:9' option works just fine as an alternative. World Driver Championship -Native 'Wide' mode only applies when in game. Menus are not adjusted to 16:9, cutting off selections from view when cropping for gameplay only. This is because the 'Wide' mode in this particular title was intended to bring a widescreen experience to a 4:3 TV.
    -Native Wide option is very wide. Adjusted widescreen option is a better solution.  
    Games That Work With 'Wide Adjusted' Hack
    Bassmasters 2000 Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker Bio F.R.E.A.K.S. Blues Brothers 2000 Bomberman 64: The Second Attack! Carmageddon 64 Charlie Blast's Territory Chopper Attack Choro Q 64 2: Hachamecha Grand Prix Race Clay Fighter 63 1/3 Clay Fighter: Sculptor's Cut Cruis'n Exotica Densha de Go! 64 Destruction Derby 64 Diddy Kong Racing ECW Hardcore Revolution F1 Racing Championship Flying Dragon Gauntlet Legends Hercules: The Legendary Journeys Hot Wheels Turbo Racing Indy Racing 2000 International Track & Field 2000 Killer Instinct Gold Knife Edge: Nose Gunner Kobe Bryant in NBA Courtside Mia Hamm Soccer 64 Milo's Astro Lanes Mini Racers Monaco Grand Prix Monopoly Nagano Winter Olympics '98 NBA in the Zone '98 NBA Jam 99 NBA Showtime: NBA on NBC NFL Blitz NFL Blitz 2000 NFL Blitz 2001 NFL Blitz: Special Edition Nuclear Strike 64 Olympic Hockey 98 PGA European Tour Pokémon Stadium Pokémon Stadium 2 Quest 64 Rally Challenge 2000 Ready 2 Rumble Boxing Roadsters Rugrats: Scavenger Hunt Rush 2: Extreme Racing USA San Francisco Rush: Extreme Racing San Francisco Rush 2049 Shadowgate 64: Trials of the Four Towers Sin and Punishment Snowboard Kids Snowboard Kids 2 Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire Twisted Edge Extreme Snowboarding War Gods Wave Race 64 WCW Mayhem WCW Nitro WCW/nWo Revenge Wetrix Wildwaters World Driver Championship WWF Attitude WWF No Mercy WWF War Zone WWF WrestleMania 2000 Xena: Warrior Princess: The Talisman of Fate  
    Letterbox Games Truly Not Intended for Widescreen
    Army Men: Sarge's Heroes -'Letterbox' mode only applies when in game. Menus are not adjusted to 16:9, cutting off selections from view when cropping for gameplay only. This is because the 'Wide' mode in this particular title was intended to bring a widescreen experience to a 4:3 TV.
    -No other alternative for widescreen as there is pop in using the adjusted widescreen option. Army Men: Sarge's Heroes 2 -'Letterbox' mode only applies when in game. Menus are not adjusted to 16:9, cutting off selections from view when cropping for gameplay only. This is because the 'Wide' mode in this particular title was intended to bring a widescreen experience to a 4:3 TV.
    -No other alternative for widescreen as there is pop in using the adjusted widescreen option. Excitebike 64 -'Letterbox' mode only applies when in game. Menus are not adjusted to 16:9, cutting off selections from view when cropping for gameplay only. This is because the 'Wide' mode in this particular title was intended to bring a widescreen experience to a 4:3 TV.
    -No other alternative for widescreen as there is pop in using the adjust widescreen option. Road Rash 64 -'Letterbox' mode only applies when in game. Menus are not adjusted to 16:9, cutting off selections from view when cropping for gameplay only. This is because the 'Wide' mode in this particular title was intended to bring a widescreen experience to a 4:3 TV.
    -'WIDE' and 'WIDE HI REZ' look horrific. I man bad bad, I'd rather not use these modes over 4:3.
    -No other alternative for widescreen as the background/sky is still 4:3 when using the adjusted widescreen option. Ken Griffey Jr's Slugfest for N64 -'Wide' mode only applies when in game. Menus are not adjusted to 16:9, cutting off selections from view when cropping for gameplay only. This is because the 'Wide' mode in this particular title was intended to bring a widescreen experience to a 4:3 TV.
    -Doesn't work with glide so no other widescreen alternative. Turok: Rage Wars -'Letterbox' mode only applies when in game. Menus are not adjusted to 16:9, cutting off selections from view when cropping for gameplay only. This is because the 'Wide' mode in this particular title was intended to bring a widescreen experience to a 4:3 TV.
    -No other alternative for widescreen as there are black lines separating the 16:9 space when using the adjusted widescreen setting in Mupen64-Plus Stunt Racer 64 -HI REZ Letterbox mode shakes kinda like interlacing shaking. Unusable
    -'Adjusted 16:9' option is still distorted.

384 downloads

(0 reviews)

7 comments

Updated

6. Nintendo 64 3D Box

Special thanks to: keith_loving
    brolly

92 downloads

(0 reviews)

0 comments

Submitted

7. Nintendo 64 (2D Carts) [ArcDragon]

I've been working for a while on creating a unique high quality consistent set of 2D Cart artwork for multiple consoles.  @dragon57 lent his time running some scripts to get the labels onto these carts and naming each file appropriately.  HUGH THANKS!  As such I'm naming these sets ArcDragon due to the collaborative effort.
    This release contains all of the official North American N64 2D Carts and several various Japanese Carts.

190 downloads

(1 review)

3 comments

Submitted

8. Nintendo 64 2D Boxart

Size EUA, Europe: 1199 x 830 Japan: 596 x 830   Thank you very much for the scans keith_loving brolly

190 downloads

(0 reviews)

2 comments

Submitted

9. ABeezy's Nintendo 64 Carts

Hey Guys,
    Here are all 296 released NTSC Nintendo 64 front carts. These are all high-res and much better then what is currently out there. I have decided to do this set because N64 could use some love and these are all accurate carts with the appropriate cart colors for each game that offered a colored variant. I have named them using the no-intro naming scheme (as all my files will eventually be updated to this format). When dropping these in your Launchbox build there are a handful that do not auto-load; you will have to manually update your game name in Launchbox.

Feel free to also check out and download my N64 box art which can be located here.

I have completely updated my N64 cart pack as this is one of the first sets I did.... I have gone ahead and redid this set with much higher quality images and created a high resolution cart template, including more accurate gold carts, and the other colored carts. This set also better eliminates light sources on the cart itself for better viewing in LB/BB. Also included once again are the 15 alternate release carts along with a NEW added BONUS, the 7 unique PAL only releases. These files are much larger in both size and dimensions and provide for a better viewing experience so I suggest you download these and delete my old set (or any N64 set you have as this is the best out there). The N64 logo that can be found on every cart is also now uniform as I like to do on my sets keeping the authenticity. 

596 downloads

(2 reviews)

8 comments

Updated

10. Nintendo 64 3D Cart Vector

Nintendo 64 3D Cart Vector 550 x 444
    correct labels missing: Mario no Photopie (Japan) Template credits for BBB  

78 downloads

(0 reviews)

0 comments

Submitted

11. Nintendo 64 Realistic 3D Cart

Nintendo 64 Realistic 3D Cart 550 x 441
    correct labels

129 downloads

(0 reviews)

0 comments

Submitted

12. Nintendo 64 2D Cart

Nintendo 64 2D Cart
    550 x 368
    correct labels

139 downloads

(0 reviews)

0 comments

Submitted

13. Official N64 Box Art By Nintendo For N64 Online App1.0.0

This is a collection of 13 N64 box arts released by Nintendo themselves. These  are the highest quality these boxes have ever been. These were released in lieu of the N64 online app for the Switch. 
    Source: https://twitter.com/AndreSegers/status/1441266976966397952 
    Also, there's never been an official western box for Sin & Punishment until this. Thanks Nintendo!
    Included are the original JFIF files and the ones I converted to JPG format.

203 downloads

(0 reviews)

1 comment

Submitted

14. Complete Nintendo 64 3D Carts Pack 1G1R (USA, Europe, Japan)

This pack is to complete the @EmuMovies one. I only made about 100 missing images (most of them Japan version), and put it together in one .zip file.
    This pack is named exactly as the latest No-Intro Romset.
    If is there any problem uploading this complete pack, just tell me and i will remove.

128 downloads

(0 reviews)

0 comments

Updated

15. N64 Mario Party 2 (USA) Front

The image was already on the LaunchBox Site, but i removed the big tear and some other damages.
    Greetings from Germany

24 downloads

(0 reviews)

0 comments

Submitted

16. Projeto Launchbox - 3D Covers - Nintendo 64

Hi all,
    After some time I return with my new Nintendo 64 3D Covers set (FHD version).
    They use Launchbox name pattern and is part of my personal build, Projeto Launchbox.
    I used my modified template from @Mr. RetroLust. Thank you very much Sir!!
    304 files - 1778 x1164
    Enjoy!!

Cauptain Inc. - cauptain@gmail.com - www.facebook.com/groups/projetolaunchbox

407 downloads

(1 review)

1 comment

Submitted

17. ABeezy's Nintendo 64 Box Fronts

Hey Guys,
    Just like the new high-res N64 carts, here are all 296 released NTSC Nintendo 64 box art fronts. These are all high-res and are all a uniform size. They are much better then what is currently out there. I have decided to do this set because N64 could use some love and these are all accurate to what was released. I have named them using the no-intro naming scheme (as all my files will eventually be updated to this format). When dropping these in your Launchbox build there are a handful that do not auto-load; you will have to manually update your game name in Launchbox.

If anyone notices any issues or anything let me know otherwise enjoy!

1,090 downloads

(1 review)

14 comments

Submitted

18. Shro2016 1:1 Pack - Nintendo 64

This file contains the complete 1:1 cover set for all Nintendo 64 games released in the US/EU regions plus a few Japanese titles. 
    All files have been created by myself using the various repositories on the Internet for source materials and all have been adapted to suit the 1:1 file ratio and all have had a standard N64 overlay applied to the top right corner so that they appear uniform in the set.
    The file format is JPG to keep file size small and hopeful better performance on low spec machines. The file dimensions are all 500x500
    1:1 Packs for other consoles will be added shortly.

380 downloads

(0 reviews)

0 comments

Submitted

19. N64 Misc Carts

I had been looking for some carts for the N64 but couldn't find them without watermarks or something else so I have created some here I hope will be of some use to people.
    Carts so far include:
    40 Winks
    Choro Q 64 2_ Hachamecha Grand Prix Race
    Custom Robo
    Dance Dance Revolution_ Disney Dancing Museum
    Densha de Go! 64
    Dezaemon 3d
    Doubutsu no Mori
    Dragon Sword 64-01.png
    Eikou no Saint Andrews
    Fushigi no Dungeon_ Fuurai no Shiren 2 - Oni Shuurai! Shiren Jou!
    Glover 2 (this is an Edit of something I found online)
    Neon Genesis Evangelion
    O.D.T.
    Power League 64
    Puyo Puyo 4_ Puyo Puyon Party
    Puyo Puyo Sun 64
    SimCity 2000
    Super B-Daman_ Battle Pheonix 64
    Super Robot Wars 64

535 downloads

(0 reviews)

0 comments

Submitted

20. New Standard 3D Boxes - Nintendo 64 (HD/UHD version)

Hi all,
    Follow my "New Standard" for 3D covers "BOX MODE" (HD/UHD version).
    316 files - 1600x1938
    They use the rom name pattern but it works perfectly on any frontend.
    Enjoy!!

Cauptain Inc. - cauptain@gmail.com - youtube.com/c/cauptain

442 downloads

(1 review)

0 comments

Submitted

21. Nintendo 64 - 3D Boxes (HD version)

Hi all,
    Follow 3D covers of the N64 (HD version).
    I treated all covers with Photoshop but I'm a beginner hope enjoy my work.
    They use the Launchbox name pattern but it works perfectly on any frontend.

Claudio

473 downloads

(2 reviews)

3 comments

Submitted

22. N64 Japanese 3D Boxes

I imported My N64 Japanese set and pulled 3D boxes and only got a few..So I hope this helps anyone.. 197 images gotta be close to a full set..

527 downloads

(1 review)

4 comments

Updated

23. N64 Silver Ring Clear Game Logo Set

viking  is the original creator of the silver ring set i just put the games in it.
    more coming soon! 

515 downloads

(0 reviews)

0 comments

Updated

24. The Legend Of Zelda: Voyager of Time

?This is a box art I designed for the Mod/Hack of Ocarina of Time called Voyager of Time! I did not make the mod...just sinply made a box art for it!

49 downloads

(0 reviews)

0 comments

Submitted