LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox Beta Testing

Jason Carr

@Jason just tried a playlist with my music player (jaangle) and the Hold button with the volume buttons work for that as well as well as the hold button with the close active window a double press works it Kudos again and you said you werent gearing it towards media yet well you have so a big big rave from me to you KUDOS YOUR THE MAN!

@Jason oh forget to say am using a generic usb joystick called a uxp a chinese model i bought in 2006 it works in every emulator very robust and sturdy gamepad similar to the sturdyness of an old original xbox controller that maps well to anything. (Just a pity cant get them anymore or else id buy a few more of them). Will upload a jpg of it maybe someone on here might know where to get them.

Hi Jason Just tried out the new beta. Most emulators are launching games ok, but I did run into a problem with some obscure emulators. For example Playstation games emulated with ePSXe launched ok, but those emulated with pSXfin returned an error. Opening the AutoHotkey Script tab in the Edit Emulator window for this emulator and clicking the Reset to Default Script box cured this issue. This method also worked for all other emulators that gave me the error on game launch.

@Jason remapped to different control buttons for the Hold and other keys just using the shoulder buttons for volume up and down and seems to be running smoothly now no conflict using any other buttons might be autohotkey doesnt like shoulder buttons. Only thing now is that when you click to go back to desktop mode it wont go back to LaunchBox either by control or by enter key on keyboard from BigBox with latest beta.

Hi Jason Here is a capture of the error when you try to launch a game using some emulators. It seems to occur with any emulator that does not have the blue coloured Click here to download the Emulator option that appears in the Edit Emulator window top right.

@Jason think i figured what was causing the conflict with the hold having 2 seperate versions of LaunchBox/BigBox. i have now set up identical button settings across both versions and that seems to have resolved the problem for me and shoulder buttons are now working well. Added plus my music player is now exiting with a single press of hold button plus button setup for exit

Ah, Martin, that makes sense. Hehehe...maybe an on-screen keyboard? ;) Another new beta is out; should hopefully fix @scree's reported emulator error. Also, I put some effort towards making game selections much quicker. The backgrounds and sidebar details kind of pop in now, and it looks a bit ugly to me, but I'm thinking that might be remedied with a fade animation, which should be possible now that we're using DirectX. That said, this one needs some significant testing because quite a bit of restructuring went into the game selection changes.

@Jason latest beta has broken a few emulators as well as launching anything via a shortcut, i run modeler emulator (system 32) via ahk and system16dx emulator via ahk both broken since autohotkey has been removed from launchbox, wont launch .bat files or another instance LaunchBox/BigBox via shortcut i get mediabox.jpg have to revert back to previous beta.

@Sentaibrad i just installed 5.2 beta 5 it doesnt overwrite launchbox but puts a seperate instance of it in launchbox folder called launchbox copied the LaunchBox/BigBox exe from the beta 5 and overwrote the beta 6 exes and also put the last xml from the beta 5 and all is well and back to all settings.