LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox Beta Testing

Jason Carr

You need an EmuMovies Premium account and a LaunchBox License. This is part of the reason why I want to create System Video's specifically for the LaunchBox community. The more I keep thinking about it, and the more questions and requests I am getting for this, they will be done shortly. Tomorrow (Today) is a no go for pretty much anything, I get to go to the Dentist. So besides RSS going up, which was uploaded last night, I'm not doing much else lol.

nyny77 said
shinra358 said
nyny77 said
shinra358 said
nyny77 said hi, how to change the position of the plateform video? Thank very much http://img15.hostingpics.net/thumbs/mini_875047Sanstitre.jpg
Yooo, put some aero gloss on the pic portion and let me get dem platform icons CUUUUUuuuuuz!
looool sorry, i'm not understand, i'm French ^^
Can you share those platform icons with me? I like them.
Hi, Wheels system or controler plateform ?
The platform icons on the wheel as brad said. @sentaibrad: lol, why don't you ever understand what I'm saying xD You 'think' Console Clear Logo's on the wheel? Really? Of course that's what I mean. I'm speaking the clearest of all english. How is it debatable LMAO. j/k.

IlhanK said
Jason Carr said Alright, new beta is out guys. You can now download platform videos from EmuMovies with either the import processes or the metadata update wizard. If all you want to do is download the platform videos, you can select all your games, run the download images and metadata wizard, and just uncheck everything except for the Video_System_Intro_MP4 box for EmuMovies.
Do I need a premium EmuMovies subscription for this to work? Launchbox-Error.PNG
Yes, a premium subscription is required in order to download any types of videos from EmuMovies. Looks like I do need to fix this so it doesn't error for non-paying EmuMovies members.

By the way, I forgot to mention it earlier but I upgraded the .NET versions for LaunchBox and Big Box to .NET 4.6.1. I'm surprised nobody's noticed or run into an issue with that with the betas; apparently everyone already had it. That's good news. I know once we put out the official release we might get some complaints, but I've observed that both performance and stability is improved so I don't think I'll be reverting.

Figured out the image folder migration bug. We were storing absolute instead of relative paths in the XML. So if you moved your folder, then the issues were popping up. At least, that's what it seems like was happening. I have this fixed for the next beta, though of course it won't go back and correct folders that were previously set incorrectly. Not sure if this is the same thing that anyone was running into, but glad I caught it before the official release. Unfortunately beta testers may need to use a search and replace to fix the platform folders in their XML. For example, many of my platform folders were set like this: D:\Dropbox (Personal)\LaunchBox\Images\Nintendo Entertainment System\Advertisement Flyer - Front When they should be like this: Images\Nintendo Entertainment System\Advertisement Flyer - Front

It should be fixed where possible, @shinra358. Folders are still going to be created because we have a lot more image types now. So of course we need more folders, and folders like Box - 3D that don't match up to anything previously will get created and default to the new folders inside of the LaunchBox folder.

so why can't those new folders go into the folders that we customize? If I have a folder that says sony playstation portable, why can't all the folders go in sony playstation portable? Why does it have to go in a brand new folder called sony psp? Isn't our custom fields tied to some kind of variable (or the folders themselves so everything can find its way to the right place instead of create a new place?

Jason Carr said Thanks all. @ALIE, do you have a premium EmuMovies subscription? A paid subscription is required in order to download the videos from EmuMovies. I may need to fix things up so they don't error out for non-paying members.
HA HA yah my licence is expired Cry well that explanes a few thingsEmbarassed

shinra358 said so why can't those new folders go into the folders that we customize? If I have a folder that says sony playstation portable, why can't all the folders go in sony playstation portable? Why does it have to go in a brand new folder called sony psp? Isn't our custom fields tied to some kind of variable (or the folders themselves so everything can find its way to the right place instead of create a new place?
I could "guess" at parsing it out, yes. But generally, that's not at all a good idea because some people have folders all over the place without guessable uniformity. At least I think that's what you're suggesting. Unfortunately I can't make guesses here, so for the new folders (which are going to be empty anyways when you first load up the next version of LaunchBox), we're going to have to deal with the defaults.

Jason Carr said
kmoney2315 said My dream has finally come true....platform videos!!!! Great job Jason....they look great! Using windows media player when you enter a platform from the wheels view while a platform video is playing and then exit back into the platform wheels view the video starts back automatically which is great! The issue I am still having is the game videos do not start back automatically when you exit a game until you select another game. Instead of the video starting back when I exit a game, a screenshot will appear that is in my image folder.
@kmoney2315 Just fixed this in the live dev stream. Beta isn't out quite yet though. :)
@Jason I watched the latest live stream on youtube and I really appreciate you looking into this issue and I see that it is working fine on your system but unfortunatly the game videos are still not starting back for me automatically when exiting a game with VLC or WMP in the newest beta.Maybe it is because I use Rocketlauncher and it is taking focus away from the video. I have tried several frontends in the past and have never had a problem with RL when exiting a game and the video starting back. I would also be interested to know if others are having this same issue especially those who use Rocketlauncher. Here is a vid showing my issue. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQwkCzmIpjQ

Jason Carr said
shinra358 said so why can't those new folders go into the folders that we customize? If I have a folder that says sony playstation portable, why can't all the folders go in sony playstation portable? Why does it have to go in a brand new folder called sony psp? Isn't our custom fields tied to some kind of variable (or the folders themselves so everything can find its way to the right place instead of create a new place?
I could "guess" at parsing it out, yes. But generally, that's not at all a good idea because some people have folders all over the place without guessable uniformity. At least I think that's what you're suggesting. Unfortunately I can't make guesses here, so for the new folders (which are going to be empty anyways when you first load up the next version of LaunchBox), we're going to have to deal with the defaults.
nevermind lol. I see the section in launchbox where we define the paths. I knew I read something about it before but too much hassle searching through forums because of speed. At first I thought the folders would be directly tied to what is seen in launchbox but I see that you have it so that you can choose the location now. false alarm. my bad :P

No problem @shinra358, thanks for clarifying. :) @kmoney2315, that's odd. In the video it looks like window focus isn't properly returning to Big Box after the game exits. The start menu is showing up over top of Big Box which isn't typical and should be avoidable if focus is properly returned. It probably does have something to do with Rocket Launcher; I'm gonna have to get a good setup of RL going in order to address that. Are you using the latest version of RL now with the LaunchBox plugin?

Alright, new beta is out (again). My apologies if anyone had to update more than once here (I put out several new versions). I was fixing some issues with the setup program, as well as making it download and install .NET 4.6.1 if it didn't exist. This beta just has bugfixes in it primarily (mostly just the bugfixes I mentioned above). I cleaned a number of things up on the backend as well but nothing you'll notice when using the app. I don't think we're too far off from a release at this point, so we might target the end of the week.

Jason Carr said No problem @shinra358, thanks for clarifying. :) @kmoney2315, that's odd. In the video it looks like window focus isn't properly returning to Big Box after the game exits. The start menu is showing up over top of Big Box which isn't typical and should be avoidable if focus is properly returned. It probably does have something to do with Rocket Launcher; I'm gonna have to get a good setup of RL going in order to address that. Are you using the latest version of RL now with the LaunchBox plugin?
I am using the new plugin for Rocketlauncher and I did notice that the start menu popped up over BB. The start menu doesnt pop up every time but it did happen in this video but the video doesnt start back automatically either way. I have been using Rocketlauncher for years and with the new Launchbox plugin it makes it even easier for new users to use RL with LB. Watching your livestream and seeing your videos start back automatically I noticed one thing with your setup is when you press the button to enter the game the video paused immediately and the game started. My setup when I press the button to enter the game my video continued on for a second and actually did a full transition to a screenshot and then the game started. So maybe its something like Rocketlaucher takes a second or so more time to start to enter a game and then when you exit a game it takes a second or so more time to regain back focus of the frontend.

kmoney2315 said
Jason Carr said No problem @shinra358, thanks for clarifying. :) @kmoney2315, that's odd. In the video it looks like window focus isn't properly returning to Big Box after the game exits. The start menu is showing up over top of Big Box which isn't typical and should be avoidable if focus is properly returned. It probably does have something to do with Rocket Launcher; I'm gonna have to get a good setup of RL going in order to address that. Are you using the latest version of RL now with the LaunchBox plugin?
I am using the new plugin for Rocketlauncher and I did notice that the start menu popped up over BB. The start menu doesnt pop up every time but it did happen in this video but the video doesnt start back automatically either way. I have been using Rocketlauncher for years and with the new Launchbox plugin it makes it even easier for new users to use RL with LB. Watching your livestream and seeing your videos start back automatically I noticed one thing with your setup is when you press the button to enter the game the video paused immediately and the game started. My setup when I press the button to enter the game my video continued on for a second and actually did a full transition to a screenshot and then the game started. So maybe its something like Rocketlaucher takes a second or so more time to start to enter a game and then when you exit a game it takes a second or so more time to regain back focus of the frontend.
Do you have issues with auditing your games with the new RL plugin in RocketLauncher? It seems to be sticking to the first system I audit for all systems.