LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox Beta Testing

Jason Carr

Jason Carr said New beta is out guys with the fabled "Scrape As" functionality. I also fixed the empty background image priorities bugs and added @Opaklopper's new German translation. :)
maybe m a bit slow today Laugh but how do i do this?

SentaiBrad said The feature is in two locations: When you import a game and in the Edit Platform screen.
ok so the EU games i haven't added yet. i add them like normal then i can bulk edit them? and change the platform name.

Import your games. When you type the name of what you want to call it and it doesn't match a default platform name the Scrape As function automatically pops up and asks you what you want to scrape your custom platform as. You can also set this value when you edit a platform for custom platforms that were already added. You can also create a custom platform in here before importing and set up the scrape as rule. If you set it before you import your games, once you pick your custom platform from the drop down list it will automatically populate the scrape as field.

I updated to the latest beta and when I try to import some games and call the platform a custom name, the scrape as does not automatically pop up. I have to uncheck the " show default platforms" box to get scrape as to pop up after I have already typed the custom platform name. If I go ahead and uncheck the "show default platforms" box before I type in the custom platform name the scrape as does not automatically pop up either until I check the show default platforms box and uncheck it again.

SentaiBrad said Import your games. When you type the name of what you want to call it and it doesn't match a default platform name the Scrape As function automatically pops up and asks you what you want to scrape your custom platform as. You can also set this value when you edit a platform for custom platforms that were already added. You can also create a custom platform in here before importing and set up the scrape as rule. If you set it before you import your games, once you pick your custom platform from the drop down list it will automatically populate the scrape as field.
i made a custom SNES system launch box has created a folder for it but when importing its not on the list?

There is some news in the LaunchBox-Rocketlauncher plugin? The guys at RL at bussy with a new update right now but you may know something Jason. I can do some work on the rocketlauncher plugin, don't know how the RocketLauncherUI plugin works, have to check that.

BETA REPORT: Try to create a new platform named NEC TurboGrafx-16 scraped as TurboGrafx-16, the platform was created but when I try to edit it I get this error:
System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: La clave proporcionada no se encontró en el diccionario. en System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key) en (AddEditPlatformForm ) en LaunchBox.Forms.AddEditPlatformForm.LoadValues() en LaunchBox.Forms.AddEditPlatformForm..ctor(Platform platform) en (ManagePlatformsForm , Object , EventArgs ) en LaunchBox.Forms.ManagePlatformsForm.editButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) en System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent) en LaunchBox.Controls.CustomButton.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent) en System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks) en System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m) en System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m) en System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m) en System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Alright guys, another new beta is out. Couldn't help but add some more new stuff. The platform videos are working, but there's currently no way to automatically populate them; we'll be adding an automatic EmuMovies download of them hopefully before the official release. To manually populate them, put the videos here: LaunchBox\Videos\Platforms\PLATFORMNAME.mp4 Or use any other video file extension; it shouldn't matter. I also added a series of new platform views to Big Box, including several views that use the new platform videos, as well as a view that uses the platform videos as the background, which turned out pretty neat. :) I'll be playing catch-up on bugs and such next week. Thanks all.

spektor56 said you should show off this user created theme in one of your videos @Jason, it looks very nice: https://www.launchbox-app.com/forum/big-box-custom-themes/bigbox-user-create-theme-mega-thread-share-your-custom-made-themes/page-5#p20997
Agreed, that theme looks awesome @spektor56. Hopefully we can do a demo video on some more themes soon. :)

Drybonz said Seems like the site must be getting hammered. Has been really slow lately. My beta download has been sitting on around 30% for about a half hour.
As best as I can tell from the server logs, there should be no bandwidth issues since we upgraded to the gigabit connection. We are indeed allowing more bandwidth to go through, and things seem performant from my end, so not sure what might have happened there @Drybonz.

kmoney2315 said I updated to the latest beta and when I try to import some games and call the platform a custom name, the scrape as does not automatically pop up. I have to uncheck the " show default platforms" box to get scrape as to pop up after I have already typed the custom platform name. If I go ahead and uncheck the "show default platforms" box before I type in the custom platform name the scrape as does not automatically pop up either until I check the show default platforms box and uncheck it again.
Thanks @kmoney2315, I'll take a look at this next week.

Opaklopper said It seems there is a problem with the update. If i change the language to german and restart LB, it's still english.
My apologies for that @Opaklopper, I had a problem with the setup program. I tested the setup this time and we should be good to go now. :)

knewlife said There is some news in the LaunchBox-Rocketlauncher plugin? The guys at RL at bussy with a new update right now but you may know something Jason. I can do some work on the rocketlauncher plugin, don't know how the RocketLauncherUI plugin works, have to check that.
I followed up with the guys a few days ago now, but haven't heard back yet. So I expect they got sidetracked for the time being. Hopefully they'll hop back on board soon. :)

knewlife said BETA REPORT: Try to create a new platform named NEC TurboGrafx-16 scraped as TurboGrafx-16, the platform was created but when I try to edit it I get this error:
System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: La clave proporcionada no se encontró en el diccionario. en System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key) en (AddEditPlatformForm ) en LaunchBox.Forms.AddEditPlatformForm.LoadValues() en LaunchBox.Forms.AddEditPlatformForm..ctor(Platform platform) en (ManagePlatformsForm , Object , EventArgs ) en LaunchBox.Forms.ManagePlatformsForm.editButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) en System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent) en LaunchBox.Controls.CustomButton.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent) en System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks) en System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m) en System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m) en System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m) en System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
Thanks @knewlife, I'll look into that as well.

After updating, the platform section does not show my edits. Which xaml file controls the platform wheel view now? Edit: Just tried to edit the curvature on every single file with platform in the name in the default theme and not a single one complied with the change.