LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox Beta Testing

Jason Carr

not sure if this is a know beta issue. but when scanning games in bulk, 3d images and probably other things isn't downloaded no errors pop up but when scanning games individually after. a 3d images from emu does apper.

Must be broken then. I just used it the other day to get GameCube 3D games in bulk but that was probably the last beta. I'll test. Edit: Is this not working on an import or when you choose all the games in a platform and download metadata and images. I just tested it with NES highlighted all games with ctrl+A then ran the metadata wizard turned off everything except 3D box for both LBDB and EM and let it run switch the image type on display to 3D boxes and it worked for me in beta 9.

SentaiBrad said The Metadata and Images function in the Tools menu is broken. Jason knows about it and is trying to fix it.
ok then it makes more sense. i remember he said it was broken i for some reason thought it was fixed. no big issue i will just wait with scanning :Smile

sagaopc said Jason, pls put option to add adicional aplications to all games, because I want to use nomousy and I have to choose game by game to config... It's very painfull!
Could be a good idea to add "Additinal apps" to the bulk editor. I know RocketLauncher is able to hide the mouse when starting your game if you need this now.

sagaopc said Jason, pls put option to add adicional aplications to all games, because I want to use nomousy and I have to choose game by game to config... It's very painfull!
This would also be great for setting up things like .bat files as launchers, etc...

Anyone know a trick or solution to have one back ground image for all game back grounds? Reason I ask I am trying to go for a universal look and I would also like to cut down on image space for a more light build. For example in my Nintendo wheel I would like a static image of mario while looking through games, Sega would be a static sonic background, etc.

keltoigael said Anyone know a trick or solution to have one back ground image for all game back grounds? Reason I ask I am trying to go for a universal look and I would also like to cut down on image space for a more light build. For example in my Nintendo wheel I would like a static image of mario while looking through games, Sega would be a static sonic background, etc.
Per system? I don't remember, but you can set a custom background.

keltoigael said Anyone know a trick or solution to have one back ground image for all game back grounds? Reason I ask I am trying to go for a universal look and I would also like to cut down on image space for a more light build. For example in my Nintendo wheel I would like a static image of mario while looking through games, Sega would be a static sonic background, etc.
Custom backgrounds can be implemented by adding images in Manage Platforms. Set the images to fanart when editing platforms and they should show up for all games in that platform that don't have backgrounds. This should work fine in the latest betas; let me know if not.

The entire thing isn't broken, imports were fine to download media still it was only this method, which Jason and I just talked about. So when I said it was broken, it was around the time when we changed the image folders. Even with my giant library, I removed my entire image folder (well backed it up) and opted for an entire system re-download of media. This process worked half and half. This is when I told Jason about it originally (but we both get told and talk about a lot so it's understandable it got lost a bit). Even though games were attached to LaunchBox Games Database ID's the Downloading Images and Metadata function didn't download any media for some games. It did for a majority of my library, but not for some. If a game has an ID, it should just automatically know what to download. I backed up my Nintendo DS Images folder, selected them all, chose the Refresh Selected Images option (which I love now by the way!), and ran the Tools -> Download Metadata and Images function. 252 games with not many holes previously. It seems to have downloaded all the appropriate images now. While Jason didn't fix it specifically, this happens sometimes where bugs crop up and get fixed when something else is added or fixed related to the code being used. He could have added something new related to the download function, and while adding it saw something out of place and fixed it not knowing it was related? I specifically did test previously, several of them. Check it was attached to an ID, then tried the download method and got no images. Used the download function when editing a game and it downloaded all the media just fine. Soo... I'm not going crazy but it does seem to have been resolved.