LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox Beta Testing

Jason Carr

Jason Carr said As best as I can tell from the server logs, there should be no bandwidth issues since we upgraded to the gigabit connection. We are indeed allowing more bandwidth to go through, and things seem performant from my end, so not sure what might have happened there @Drybonz.
No worries, Jason... I did finally get that beta downloaded... just wanted to send a heads up that the site has been dragging a bit vs. other sites that I visit. Also, is it possible that you can add a "pinball" platform video and image? I know there's a few guys (and me) out there launching their pinball stuff with Launchbox and I thought the silverball could use a little love. *edit* I should add that today's beta download seemed to be back to normal speeds. Looks like there was a MS .Net update for anyone who hasn't got it yet.

Thanks Jason. Looks awesome! Is there an option to hide platform banner images? Had to put a transparent image there because I couldn't find the option. Also when I would delete the banner, LaunchBox would just automatically add another one. Also could we get the wheel to fade in and out? It is in the way of the video.snes2.png

shinra358 said After updating, the platform section does not show my edits. Which xaml file controls the platform wheel view now? Edit: Just tried to edit the curvature on every single file with platform in the name in the default theme and not a single one complied with the change.
Thanks @shinra358, sorry I should have clarified. If you check the Default theme folder, you'll see some new items there, since I customized all the platform wheel views. The PlatformWheelImageDetailsThumbFiltersView.xaml file is basically the new version of the PlatformWheelFiltersView.xaml file. So I think if you rename PlatformWheelFiltersView.xaml to PlatformWheelImageDetailsThumbFiltersView.xaml you should get your changes back if you're on the right view. :)

Thanks @imdavid555, there's no option right now to hide the platform banner images, but it would be very easy to do with a custom theme (probably as easy as just deleting a line). It's a good to add the option to fade the wheel in and out; can we add that to Bitbucket? :)

Drybonz said Is there a way to start BigBox on your second monitor? If not, this would be a very helpful option to add.
@Drybonz that is currently on the to-do list. However, in most cases you can trick Windows into starting on your other monitor by starting it from a window on your secondary monitor (for example, put an icon to Big Box on your desktop on your secondary monitor).

My dream has finally come true....platform videos!!!! Great job Jason....they look great! Using windows media player when you enter a platform from the wheels view while a platform video is playing and then exit back into the platform wheels view the video starts back automatically which is great! The issue I am still having is the game videos do not start back automatically when you exit a game until you select another game. Instead of the video starting back when I exit a game, a screenshot will appear that is in my image folder.

Drybonz said Is there a way to start BigBox on your second monitor? If not, this would be a very helpful option to add.
There is also software that can do this. Like Jason said, obviously want to create a way to do this without extra software, but I use DisplayFusion Pro. I actually talked about it in another thread where someone wanted to do the same thing and I detailed how to do it.

Jason Carr said
ALIE said i made a custom SNES system launch box has created a folder for it but when importing its not on the list?
Can you give me more details, @ALIE? What isn't in what list?
Ok i first created a new system called Snes EU Exclusives. I say scrap as SNES. This part I guess was done correctly since a new folder is made in my roms folder. Then I go to Import I find my folder with the European Executive's. And now when picking system I only see the normal Snes I can't pick the new system.

ALIE said
Jason Carr said
ALIE said i made a custom SNES system launch box has created a folder for it but when importing its not on the list?
Can you give me more details, @ALIE? What isn't in what list?
Ok i first created a new system called Snes EU Exclusives. I say scrap as SNES. This part I guess was done correctly since a new folder is made in my roms folder. Then I go to Import I find my folder with the European Executive's. And now when picking system I only see the normal Snes I can't pick the new system.
It should be there. Uncheck the box when you get to the drop down menu. If you've already added the platforms unchecking it (or checking it? I can't remember) will only show you systems you've added to LaunchBox. You can also just manually type anything here.

I found a new bug in the newest beta: In BigBox with Windows Media Player chosen, the platform videos show the correct aspect ratios for 4:3 and 16:9 but the game videos do not. They stay the same aspect ratio and do not change for vertical and horizontal game videos in for instance the "Arcade" platform games list. However I tried out the VLC option and the aspect ratios seem to be correct for vertical and horizontal games. Also I created a ticket in Bitbucket.

Jason Carr said That view looks really awesome @Lmagnus87. It will probably be a while before we start adding more visual features to LaunchBox itself again, but that'll be a great path to take when we get there. If someone can add that as a ticket to Bitbucket that'd be great.
Thanks Jason, I always post on both (Bitbucket and LB Forum) Wink
Lmagnus87 said [BB Ticket]New Kind of View for Launchbox or maybe BigBox

shinra358 said
nyny77 said hi, how to change the position of the plateform video? Thank very much http://img15.hostingpics.net/thumbs/mini_875047Sanstitre.jpg
Yooo, put some aero gloss on the pic portion and let me get dem platform icons CUUUUUuuuuuz!
looool sorry, i'm not understand, i'm French ^^

kmoney2315 said My dream has finally come true....platform videos!!!! Great job Jason....they look great! Using windows media player when you enter a platform from the wheels view while a platform video is playing and then exit back into the platform wheels view the video starts back automatically which is great! The issue I am still having is the game videos do not start back automatically when you exit a game until you select another game. Instead of the video starting back when I exit a game, a screenshot will appear that is in my image folder.
@kmoney2315 Just fixed this in the live dev stream. Beta isn't out quite yet though. :)