LaunchBox Community Forums

Emulator Settings for All Platforms

Jason Carr

• 3 weeks later...
On Friday, April 14, 2017 at 3:23 AM, adam1972 said:

Anyone successful with Atomiswave on the latest 0.7 Demul?  The batchfile doesn't seem to work.. setting each game's individual command line to -run=awave -rom=romname opens demul to the game list.... lost :S

I used these command lines on emulationstation for DEMUL0.7 and they works

demul.exe -run=cave3rd -rom=%BASENAME%

demul.exe -run=hikaru -rom=%BASENAME%

demul.exe -run=awave -rom=%BASENAME%

demul.exe -run=gaelco -rom=%BASENAME%

demul.exe -run=naomi -rom=%BASENAME%

Where %BASENAME% = romname without extension .zip, for atvtrack.zip

demul.exe -run=gaelco -rom=atvtrack

For Naomi GDrom base i had to use a batch file cause the GDrom file has a different name from game it represent, so unfortunately you have to make a batch file for every game :( (maybe renaming GDrom image with the game name would work but haven't tried).

Yeah for Demul we just use -run=naomi -rom= and then you have to check the No space checkbox and the use file names without extension checkbox on the manage emulator edit form. It works for all games including the Naomi GD games assuming yu heve the CHD files to go with them.

On Friday, May 12, 2017 at 4:51 PM, DOS76 said:

Yeah for Demul we just use -run=naomi -rom= and then you have to check the No space checkbox and the use file names without extension checkbox on the manage emulator edit form. It works for all games including the Naomi GD games assuming yu heve the CHD files to go with them.

I've tried and in effect if you rename gdl-0018.chd to azumanga.chd demul is able to launch without doing tricks........
Such a mess they don't rename the chd according to demul request.........

Well you aren't supposed to launch the CHD file directly really just the coinciding rom so if azumanga.zip exist and its a GD game it would know to launch gdl-0018 with it when you opened it but if you get them working that's all that matters. Also all the naming is done by the MAME people since they are the bigger group. Almost all the other arcade emulators use MAME ROMs because its basically the standard for Arcade.

1 minute ago, DOS76 said:

Well you aren't supposed to launch the CHD file directly really just the coinciding rom so if azumanga.zip exist and its a GD game it would know to launch gdl-0018 with it when you opened it but if you get them working that's all that matters. Also all the naming is done by the MAME people since they are the bigger group. Almost all the other arcade emulators use MAME ROMs because its basically the standard for Arcade.

Does it exist an azumanga.zip, brddown.zip and so on?
In the Demul07 complete set i downloaded there was nothing of similar, just the CHDs, so at first i had to set some .bat to make them work cause frontends picked the name of chd instead of the game.
Now i found that also renaming chd works.
A little confusionary people at demul team or who made the fullset :S

1 hour ago, DOS76 said:

yeah I have azumanga.zip in my set that I extracted from MAME

Hmmm i understood, i had some chaos in my mind, also a dummy empty azumanga.zip works, it's just matter of provide the right name in the command line :D

• 2 weeks later...

There is no command line, you just need to choose the right file. So for example, my games all point towards the eboot.bin file. So a path to one of my games is:
"..\..\Emulator\PS3\Games\Tales of Xillia\PS3_GAME\USRDIR\EBOOT.BIN"

That launches Tales of Xillia right away. It still wont help the set up that is needed, and you may need to set the name manually, as using the "Use Folder Name" option will call it "usrdir".

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Tried using stella for Atari 2600 WITH THE fullscreen parameters after Default command under associated Platforms and the gsmes fail to even start.  When I take the parameters off it works.  I do have the setting fullscreen off inside of retroarch.  Could this be the issue?  If so, I get manhy issues running in fullscreen mode with washed out colors .  Actually only a few colors show up.  After I turned of fullscreen everything worked again.  Any ideas here>?

1 hour ago, shinra358 said:

Turbo graphx cd games arent wrking with launchbox box but works fine in retroarch. How do i solve this problem?

They definitely work. It's probably a problem with your core dll in the associated platform tab. Post a screenshot of your associated platform tab for RA.

6 hours ago, Lordmonkus said:

You don't need a command line parameter, just change Stella to fullscreen with Alt + Enter and close it, the next time it loads it should be fullscreen. It does for me at least with version 5.02.

Is this with any game or platform? Or just when the paremeters are set already?