LaunchBox Community Forums

Emulator Settings for All Platforms

Jason Carr

I don't understand your statement. I have both MAME and HBMAME on LaunchBox. No problems with LB supporting HBMAME. HBMAME is in the same directory as MAME. As HBMAME only has tweaks for SOME arcade games I put HBMAME roms in a hbroms directory and use the same rompath from MAME in the ini file for HBMAME, adding the hbroms directory as the first instance.  Just add HBMAME as an Emulator using MAME defaults to LB and add an alternate emulator for MAME to the game if you want. Seems easy to me [Grin].

1 hour ago, CaptPete said:

I don't understand your statement. I have both MAME and HBMAME on LaunchBox. No problems with LB supporting HBMAME. HBMAME is in the same directory as MAME. As HBMAME only has tweaks for SOME arcade games I put HBMAME roms in a hbroms directory and use the same rompath from MAME in the ini file for HBMAME, adding the hbroms directory as the first instance.  Just add HBMAME as an Emulator using MAME defaults to LB and add an alternate emulator for MAME to the game if you want. Seems easy to me [Grin].

I meant we do not support it as a platform or with metadata. Of course you can import it, you can import any file you want to Launchbox, but none of them will be scrapeable from ours or emumovies database's as i said previously its not a platform we actually support. Where as MAME we have specific metadata in place to scrape and only import whatever you specify in the MAME wizards filters.

On 9/1/2020 at 4:47 AM, RULLUR said:

Demul is a mess to deal with, but seen stuff on YouTube to make it only seem easy. I got all my Atomiswave stuff working, and some of my Naomi stuff going, and only 1 of the Naomi 2 games I have is working right, but Hikaru seemed iffy at one point but no longer works. I pretty much got rid of the ones saying it was missing something when I ran them, and I also have like 3 versions of Demul too for various controller settings, and what seemed like a game would run on one version, but not so much the other. My setups look like this:

image.thumb.png.266692607bed1fb3946ac26ee16d5d80.pngimage.thumb.png.ac17173e72b00b68d2e385befe1ba5d2.pngimage.thumb.png.10680a0063d6478bfb42ef0b158a7434.pngimage.thumb.png.924439463e20d919a8bc19a70277c96e.pngimage.thumb.png.b672190002b619cec2c51c9b51ebe27c.pngimage.thumb.png.f7fcd028b89b9c548a973ac3c92a78bd.png

yeah, thanks! I configured Naomi/Naomi 2 as you and now they works! I can launch directly a game from LB :)

many thanks!

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, legolas119 said:

yeah, thanks! I configured Naomi/Naomi 2 as you and now they works! I can launch directly a game from LB :)

many thanks!

Cool! I'm glad to hear it. Now if I can get everything I had to work as well. Looks like I kinda maybe didn't check all the same on each version? All in all it's good to know some of my info was actually helpful to someone else though

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...
5 hours ago, marcosgaming said:

Hi guys, i'm trying to configure NeoRageX platform on Launchbox and all works but not start individual game but open always MAIN MENU of NeoRageX emulator.

How to resolve this ? Anyone knows a command line for individual starts ??

Thanks!

I too have wanted to make this work, but have came across the same issues as you. For now I'm just using MAME until I can get NeoRageX resolved

There is no way that I found but I last looked several years ago, NeoRage X is an all in one emulator and frontend so it doesn't support command line launching of games.

Now besides all that NeoRage X is a very outdated emulator. Mame and Final Burn Neo are both far better emulators and easier to use. NeoRage X should be avoided at this point in time.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

I have tried to add HBMame to my setup with no success outside of it only picking up some of the roms not all the variants of the games for which is the reason why you wan to add HBMame.  In case there is a new option, please foward to this question.  I am sure that we are not the only ones asking for a solution to this item.  TIA

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 12/8/2021 at 8:39 AM, bufaton said:

Anyone want to layout some Arcade Pinball details to help me out?  I've stumbled on TPA Free Cam Mod but cant get it to launch individual tables as designed.  Ran across another post on here but that didnt help.......

Yes easy google "PinballArcadeLoader" will do want you want. Heres a screen shot of my config.

image.thumb.png.7d330c414d95897bb68cdb99d1acb33d.png

Edited by mamekid

• 3 weeks later...

Tsugaru needs to know where your bios files are. so in Launchbox, under default command-line parameters it should look something like this:

F:\Tsugaru\roms -CD

Obviously replace the first part with the folder where your bios files are stored. Also make sure the emulator you are using is tsugaru_cui and not tsugaru_gui

There are more commands (such as loading floppies) which you can read by opening command.md with a text editor.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Belgarath said:

Tsugaru needs to know where your bios files are. so in Launchbox, under default command-line parameters it should look something like this:

F:\Tsugaru\roms -CD

Obviously replace the first part with the folder where your bios files are stored. Also make sure the emulator you are using is tsugaru_cui and not tsugaru_gui

There are more commands (such as loading floppies) which you can read by opening command.md with a text editor.

That was incredibly helpful and it is working now. Thankyou very much

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi !
Quick question today =)

I try to setup FLYCAST (standalone) for WinCE Dreamcast games, which does not work with Redream for now.
Everything works well, but impossible to find the command line to launch the game in fullscreen.

Any ideas ?
Thank you !!!

Edited by viking