LaunchBox Community Forums

What was the first Video Game you ever finished/completed?

CadetStimpy

For me it was the Wolfenstein 3D shareware episode on MS-DOS. Wasn't the whole game, but sure felt like it when I was 9. My Dad tried to keep me and my brother from playing it for a few weeks, but somehow we ended up playing it. Between my brother, my Dad, and I, we mapped out all 9 levels on graphing paper. Lol. The other most notable games that I beat early on as a kid were King's Quest V, King's Quest VI, and Master of Magic. Later on, I felt like I was king of the world when I beat DOOM II. Come to think of it, I really didn't beat that many games as a kid.

I seriously can’t remember what the first game was that I have ever finished. If I have to guess I would say it was Super Mario Land for the original Game Boy but I’m not sure. On the other hand I know exactly what the first game was that I have ever completed to 100%. It was Pokemon Blue Version in which I completed the whole Pokedex with the help of my uncle. I played and loved Pokemon so much I must have spent 1000+ hours alone with the Blue Version and it is certainly the game I finished the most in my life as well.

Cadet Stimpy said It was Deja Vu (on the NES), for me. I really enjoyed that game.
This was one of the earlier games I played... black and white version on the Mac II, but didn't finish it. I honestly can't remember the first game I finished. It may have been an early PC game. I've always jumped around a lot and left a lot of games unfinished. Metroid is one of the first I remember finishing, but I'm sure there were some before that.

Well the first game that I finished, that actually had an ending, was Super Mario Bros. NES. However the game I enjoyed finishing the most was and still is Donkey Kong Country SNES. I still can't believe I was able to talk my mother into buying this game for me upon release. It was $70 in 1994.

Jason Carr said I smell a spammer.
Put the Spammer Smack-Down on 'em, Jason! Laugh I found this program way back that would Spam someone (just one person at a time, as it was made to exact revenge on a real Spammer) using parameters you set-up (message, frequency, etc.). Wink P.S. You needed an e-mail address, though.

Since i doubt Atari games or those handheld Tetris games count, since they do not have an ending, for me it must be Kirby for Gameboy. I was 8 I think, but I can't be sure. This is one of my all time favorite games even up to today and it was a good game to start with when I got the console. Although nothing matches the moment I got a Super Nintendo and played Super Mario All Stars.. 3 awesome games that I loved so much. Ahhhhh... I need to invent that time machine. KDL_Boxart.jpg