LaunchBox Community Forums

RocketLauncher

Bil

I assume you're using RL to extract the iso/cue... so 7z is enabled. The first thing I would check is that your rom and cue are named correctly, the same as the archive. Then open up the .cue in notepad and make sure the iso is named correctly in there. (If RL finds the zip file in the audit, but can't find the game at launch, it usually means the contents are of the zip are named incorrectly). There is also a setting called "Match Extensions". You would navigate to PlayStation under the systems, then go to the "Settings" tab, scroll down until you see Match Extensions and set it false. This setting eases up restrictions on naming. I'm assuming you have PS games launching in the standalone emulator, correct?

fromlostdays said I assume you're using RL to extract the iso/cue... so 7z is enabled. The first thing I would check is that your rom and cue are named correctly, the same as the archive. Then open up the .cue in notepad and make sure the iso is named correctly in there. (If RL finds the zip file in the audit, but can't find the game at launch, it usually means the contents are of the zip are named incorrectly). There is also a setting called "Match Extensions". You would navigate to PlayStation under the systems, then go to the "Settings" tab, scroll down until you see Match Extensions and set it false. This setting eases up restrictions on naming. I'm assuming you have PS games launching in the standalone emulator, correct?
i looked at my test game and everything is named correct and the game works with the emulator out RL.

edit: the worked when it was not compressed when manual picking the cue ? psx wont work and i see noting wrong but.. here is my test game 1Xtreme Cue = 1Xtreme (USA) i open the cue and it looks like this. FILE "1Xtreme (USA) (Track 1).bin" BINARY TRACK 01 MODE2/2352 INDEX 01 00:00:00 FILE "1Xtreme (USA) (Track 2).bin" BINARY TRACK 02 AUDIO INDEX 00 00:00:00 INDEX 01 00:04:00 FILE "1Xtreme (USA) (Track 3).bin" BINARY TRACK 03 AUDIO INDEX 01 00:00:00 FILE "1Xtreme (USA) (Track 4).bin" BINARY TRACK 04 AUDIO INDEX 01 00:00:00 FILE "1Xtreme (USA) (Track 5).bin" BINARY TRACK 05 AUDIO INDEX 01 00:00:00 FILE "1Xtreme (USA) (Track 6).bin" BINARY TRACK 06 AUDIO INDEX 01 00:00:00 FILE "1Xtreme (USA) (Track 7).bin" BINARY TRACK 07 AUDIO INDEX 01 00:00:00 FILE "1Xtreme (USA) (Track 8).bin" BINARY TRACK 08 AUDIO INDEX 01 00:00:00 and all bin files are named 1Xtreme (USA) (Track 1) 1Xtreme (USA) (Track 2) 1Xtreme (USA) (Track 3) 1Xtreme (USA) (Track 4) 1Xtreme (USA) (Track 5) 1Xtreme (USA) (Track 6) 1Xtreme (USA) (Track 7) 1Xtreme (USA) (Track 8)

• 3 weeks later...
The issue with RocketLauncher that I have found is that the media needs to be organised in such a way that is very incompatible with how LaunchBox is organised. RocketLauncher needs each game to have an individual directory with the media inside it, and it is VERY fussy about the naming being exactly the same as the rom, which Launchbox does not as it uses fuzzy matching.
This is definitely a holdover from its HyperSpin origins. HyperSpin relies very heavily on naming conventions and databases. This is where LaunchBox is leaps and bounds ahead of HyperSpin in my opinion. To me, Launchbox does for your ROM collection what iTunes does for music - it provides a gorgeous, intuitive interface that adapts to YOUR collection and saves you from having to mess with windows explorer. That said, I still love HyperSpin and if it is ever resurrected from development hell, I hope they take a page from LaunchBox's book and have the frontend adapt to your collection rather than making you feel you have to adapt to their databases. There are so many talented artists that are still churning out boatloads of eye candy for HyperSpin - it would be so cool to see the frontend scrape all that material based on the games you drop in. RocketLauncher was split from HyperSpin which was designed with arcade cabinets in mind. RocketLauncher's main objective is SEAMLESS game launching - taskbars, cursors, and anything else Windows are cardinal sins for RocketLauncher (afterall, you don't want to break the illusion of an arcade machine on steroids by pulling out a keyboard and mouse, right?). It does this extraordinarily well. Full disclosure, I don't even have a custom cabinet - I'm an HTPC user. But for me, being able to sit on the couch and SEAMLESSLY control all the features of a boatload of emulators through Pause with nothing but a wireless gamepad is an awesome experience. This isn't even mentioning fade (which hides all the nasty Windows fussing as the emulator loads), bezels, keymapping, alternate emulator, and now global emulator shaders which are supposed to be integrated soon. I love LaunchBox and its ease of use and ridiculously simple integration with RocketLauncher has made it my new official frontend. Plus, it's awesome to see it is being so actively developed and the passion shown by the developers. But to be honest, in my opinion, it has a ways to go before it supplants RocketLauncher with regards to emulator management.

• 3 weeks later...
Is there an option to automatically link all the manuals and screenshots in rocketlauncher with Launchbox? I added SNES last night but it seems to me that you have to add the manuals manually for each game. It's a pain. There has to be an easier way. What am I missing?

I've just moved over so rocketlaucher integration would be awesome (grabbed launchbox lifetime as i've had a guts full of the hyperspin BS), have bezels and what not setup perfectly as do most probably. future feels bright again! Especially now GOG are doing GOG Connect, so get some steam games converted to drm free, for free :)

• 2 months later...
Ah yes, i have watched that video... and it helps for the people who a migrating there allready setup Rocketlauncher from another Frontend to move it to LaunchBox.... but im look for how to setup Rocketlauncher for the 1st time... it does seam very overwhelming with soooo many tabs of settings.I just do not have the time to read thru tutorials and was hoping there was a good video that would show you how to setup,add emulators,bezzels and all that good stuff. Austin did say he will be working on a video like this.. but i was hoping there maybe something allready out there... i gues i better wait for his tutorial and so it right the 1st time.

I'm setting this up now pretty good and I've figured out how to do a few things I have games Launching from RL and from LB using RL the only thing is when I set it up it list all of my platforms and some of them can't be setup via RL because it only except certain names when I have Capcom CPS-1 it doesn't allow me to set a default emulator. I tried to close RLUI and then went into the setting folder and the emulator.ini for Capcom CPS-1 and manually inputted the Retroarch but it doesn't work now I get an error that the module doesn't support the system. I haven't figured out how any of the settings that aren't in LB working yet so basically so far I've set up a redundant launcher but I'm going to keep at it. I guess for systems names not supported by RL I'll have to just keep using them through LB directly.

Mute64 said Ah yes, i have watched that video... and it helps for the people who a migrating there allready setup Rocketlauncher from another Frontend to move it to LaunchBox.... but im look for how to setup Rocketlauncher for the 1st time... it does seam very overwhelming with soooo many tabs of settings.I just do not have the time to read thru tutorials and was hoping there was a good video that would show you how to setup,add emulators,bezzels and all that good stuff. Austin did say he will be working on a video like this.. but i was hoping there maybe something allready out there... i gues i better wait for his tutorial and so it right the 1st time.
Hi if you look threw Simply austins videos on hyperspin setups it shows you how to set them up in rocket launcher. I am in two minds about using rocket launcher for launchbox as most of my needs are catered for maybe if I want to run two front ends or for some problematic systems

• 5 months later...

You didn't following the RL System naming conventions, that's why. It doesn't take long, I recommend renaming your systems according to RL standards, save you a lot of trouble in the long run. Look in the RLUI media folder for the "icons" folder if you're not sure about the proper RL name. The ones that work are named correctly. 

Alternately, if you click the RocketlauncherUI tab top right, second section down theres a tick box for:

Valid Emulator/Modules only 

If you unclick that, you'll see every module for every system regardless of the naming. Again, I'd rename.

Goodluck!

Edited by fromlostdays

• 1 year later...
On 29/7/2015 at 11:37 AM, Jason Carr said:

Interesting. RL looks/sounds really promising but I haven't really had a good initial experience. The interface was oddly and unnecessarily difficult to figure out; now that I finally have it figured out, it doesn't seem to be doing what it promises (was hoping for true no-artifact/distraction emulator startups and shutdowns). I tried Dolphin and Nestopia and they both had ugly startups and shutdowns...is that working for anyone else?

jason can you pls help me , I am trying to import cps3 roms to launchbox by using rocket launcher and the standalone emulator for cps3 roms i did everything as i see in this tutorial 

My games load perfectly through Rocket Launcher from the audit games list but when i try to launch them from launchbox i get this error : ''No default emulator found etch i post a screenshot'' I also post 2 screenshots of my RL set up for cps3 i dont know what im doing wrong so pls help me if yo know this error also he is my emulator.ini file from Rocket Launcher :

[CPS 3]
Emu_Path=..\CPS III\emulator.exe
Rom_Extension=zip
Module=..\CPS3\CPS3.ahk
Pause_Save_State_Keys=
Pause_Load_State_Keys=
[ROMS]
Default_Emulator=CPS 3
Rom_Path=..\CPS III\roms

Στιγμιότυπο οθόνης (53).png

Στιγμιότυπο οθόνης (54).png

Στιγμιότυπο οθόνης (55).png

12 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

@kostas I'm not gonna be any help with Rocket Launcher at this point, as I'm not at all an expert. I have enough on my hands just helping people troubleshoot LaunchBox and Big Box lol.

Hey jason Carr its ok my friend i figured it out , thx alot for the reply , and good luck on finding solutions for LB troubleshoot and help us making our LB experiance as much awsome as we can <3

• Like 1