LaunchBox Community Forums

RocketLauncher

Bil

@kostas Couple things I've noticed, I took some snaps on how I have mine setup but being that I don't have CPS 3 setup I'll use mame as an example.

By looking at your pics, it don't look like you have Bigbox setup as your default front end. I've outlines everything in red.This is found under global and where you see BigBox that I have you'll need to click the Green Plus sign and add it there. Path is to BigBox.exe and both plugin drop downs should be LaunchBox.

RL-UI.thumb.PNG.54c290220e15ab92292b59855bc0af80.PNGNext you need to setup your emulators globally which for you it looks like you tried to setup CPS 3 on the CPS 3 emulators tab.

So when you click the GLOBAL tab you see all emulators you set up. After this step you can go to yours specific emulator and choose the default emulator.

RL-UI2.thumb.PNG.14fac79a8a0ce46c09e093b900eaec07.PNG

Below I use Mame/Arcade as an example. Set the rom path and choose the default emulator.  

RL-UI3.thumb.PNG.d6d7831319bf1ffe0246ac987b92ac84.PNGThat should be it there, everything else should be set in LaunchBox. Setup a Rocket Launcher Emulator and when importing CPS3 or whatever else your using Rocket Launcher for, you will now point to that as your emulator. Here's my setting for the Rocket Launcher Emulator and make sure to put in the correct command line parameters, I'll paste it here.

-f "%launchboxorbigboxexepath%" -p "LaunchBox" -s "%platform%" -r

RL-LB.thumb.PNG.135847acf7237ba84fd63cd2321f21f6.PNGThen make sure on the Associated Platforms tab you have the correct platforms, you can edit and add those in manually.

RL-LB2.thumb.PNG.add588ea16a24c8cf376c0011a3bff24.PNGHope this gets you going in the right direction, this can be a complete nightmare to get going, but once you do you'll love it !

18 minutes ago, Sithel said:

@kostas Couple things I've noticed, I took some snaps on how I have mine setup but being that I don't have CPS 3 setup I'll use mame as an example.

By looking at your pics, it don't look like you have Bigbox setup as your default front end. I've outlines everything in red.This is found under global and where you see BigBox that I have you'll need to click the Green Plus sign and add it there. Path is to BigBox.exe and both plugin drop downs should be LaunchBox.

RL-UI.thumb.PNG.54c290220e15ab92292b59855bc0af80.PNGNext you need to setup your emulators globally which for you it looks like you tried to setup CPS 3 on the CPS 3 emulators tab.

So when you click the GLOBAL tab you see all emulators you set up. After this step you can go to yours specific emulator and choose the default emulator.

RL-UI2.thumb.PNG.14fac79a8a0ce46c09e093b900eaec07.PNG

Below I use Mame/Arcade as an example. Set the rom path and choose the default emulator.  

RL-UI3.thumb.PNG.d6d7831319bf1ffe0246ac987b92ac84.PNGThat should be it there, everything else should be set in LaunchBox. Setup a Rocket Launcher Emulator and when importing CPS3 or whatever else your using Rocket Launcher for, you will now point to that as your emulator. Here's my setting for the Rocket Launcher Emulator and make sure to put in the correct command line parameters, I'll paste it here.

-f "%launchboxorbigboxexepath%" -p "LaunchBox" -s "%platform%" -r

RL-LB.thumb.PNG.135847acf7237ba84fd63cd2321f21f6.PNGThen make sure on the Associated Platforms tab you have the correct platforms, you can edit and add those in manually.

RL-LB2.thumb.PNG.add588ea16a24c8cf376c0011a3bff24.PNGHope this gets you going in the right direction, this can be a complete nightmare to get going, but once you do you'll love it !

First of all thank you and many others from launchbox forums for their soo analytic , on time and helpfull replies for my problem with cps3 and RL , it seemed thow that the only problem was that i had missmatched names on emulator , system and folders for the system inside RL everything works great now and i look forward to get some more arcade emulators (like sega model 2 and caps3 standalone emulators) working through launchbox and add even more arcade games to my LB collection witch is my favorite system <3  also any sugestions for standalone emulators and arcade systems i watched an atomisawave tutorial but it seemed soooo hard to pull it off

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know what plugins you're referring to. If you're referring to the plugins mentioned in RLUI options and when people mention the "LaunchBox plugin" they're frontend specific plugins that pull metadata, media, system lists, game lists etc to be used with RL and RL features. The RLUI plugins are what populates your system and game lists in RLUI.

• Like 1

Rocketlauncher has a Launchbox plug-in which scans Launchbox artwork folders for pause menu art so you don't have to duplicate everything in Rocketlauncher folders or change the folder structure.  (Wish I'd known about it before I wasted many hours moving artwork lol).  Not sure if the plug-in does anything beyond that.

42 minutes ago, alnyden said:

Rocketlauncher has a Launchbox plug-in which scans Launchbox artwork folders for pause menu art so you don't have to duplicate everything in Rocketlauncher folders or change the folder structure.  (Wish I'd known about it before I wasted many hours moving artwork lol).  Not sure if the plug-in does anything beyond that.

Using the Launchbox plugin for Rocketlauncher also lets RL autopopulate systems based on what you import into launchbox. So, if you had an empty RL and an empty launchbox and imported some super nintendo games directly into launchbox, the next time you open RL it will display those games and let you choose the emulator and all the bells and whistles for that system. 

Unfortunately, the artwork sync isn't perfect yet between the two. Rocketlauncher wants to use rom names, while launchbox uses database names. So if your rom name is "Legend of Zelda, The (USA).sfc" and the launchbox name is "The Legend of Zelda" nothing will display in RL Pause. So for now your efforts weren't totally wasted. :D

Edited by fromlostdays
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, fromlostdays said:

Using the Launchbox plugin for Rocketlauncher also lets RL autopopulate systems based on what you import into launchbox. So, if you had an empty RL and an empty launchbox and imported some super nintendo games directly into launchbox, the next time you open RL it will display those games and let you choose the emulator and all the bells and whistles for that system. 

Unfortunately, the artwork sync isn't perfect yet between the two. Rocketlauncher wants to use rom names, while launchbox uses database names. So if your rom name is "Legend of Zelda, The (USA).sfc" and the launchbox name is "The Legend of Zelda" nothing will display in RL Pause. So for now your efforts weren't totally wasted. :D

So you have to remove the (USA) from all the roms?

9 hours ago, Styphelus said:

So you have to remove the (USA) from all the roms?

Nooo. On the contrary, for games like that you just want to create entries in the proper RL media folder named the same as the rom.

In the above example, go to rocketlauncher/media/(fade,bezel,backgrounds, *whichever type of art you're wanting to use) and in that folder create /Super Nintendo Entertainment System/Legend of Zelda, The (USA)/ and pop the artwork in there.

Rocketlauncher is picky about some file names but not others. For instance, when you're doing fade art in particular you want to make sure the background picture is titled "layer 1.png". The naming conventions are on the RL wiki.

So in the example if I wanted to add a fade background to the legend of zelda, it would look like:

rocketlauncher/media/fade/super nintendo entertainment system/legend of zelda, the (usa)/layer 1.png (ignore capitalization I'm just lazy typing)

And of course, if you use non standard system names, name the system folder accordingly, and match the rom name from whatever set you're using. 

I do want to point out that a lot of media does sync pretty well between the two, but not all of it. And I saw some people talking about fixes to the launchbox plugin on the RL forums, so the issue might be in the process of being resolved.

Pro tip if you're wanting to work in bulk, you can use fat match media renamer to name any artwork set according to your rom set. Once that's done, you can use files2folders (a little program you can download that will put every item within a path into its own subdirectory named after the item. In other words, it will put all your artwork in folders named after the artwork, which you've already named after the rom. You can plop entire correctly named sets in the correct RL folder this way. You shouldn't ever have to rename your roms. Launchbox handles plenty of different rom names just fine, and RL doesn't discriminate at all as long as your folders are named like the rom.    

Edited by fromlostdays

• 1 year later...

image.thumb.png.3956b28a9cb1aba60aa5279847edf474.pngI always used Hyperspin with Rocketlauncher, now im trying to add Rocketlauncher to LaunchBox/Bigbox, so, my problem is, im trying to add bigbox to my Frontends list on Rocketlauncher, but i got some pluggin problems. Someone know how to find those plugins to bigbox?

Edited by EduInmigrante

30 minutes ago, EduInmigrante said:

image.thumb.png.3956b28a9cb1aba60aa5279847edf474.pngI always used Hyperspin with Rocketlauncher, now im trying to add Rocketlauncher to LaunchBox/Bigbox, so, my problem is, im trying to add bigbox to my Frontends list on Rocketlauncher, but i got some pluggin problems. Someone know how to find those plugins to bigbox?

Those are not Bigbox/Launchbox plugins it wants in that dropdown, just pick the one the name of the dropdown is asking for would be my guess.

1 hour ago, neil9000 said:

Those are not Bigbox/Launchbox plugins it wants in that dropdown, just pick the one the name of the dropdown is asking for would be my guess.

If i do what you say, Rocketlauncher dont detect my systems installed in Launchbox...
I downloaded a new clean rocketlauncher to test and it works, but all my emulator config are lost.

image.thumb.png.83134edfe6090c98c07c5d68c3b29363.png

13 minutes ago, EduInmigrante said:

If i do what you say, Rocketlauncher dont detect my systems installed in Launchbox...
I downloaded a new clean rocketlauncher to test and it works, but all my emulator config are lost.

image.thumb.png.83134edfe6090c98c07c5d68c3b29363.png

Once you start fresh with lunchbox selected as your plugin in rocket launcher, you have to to back to launch box and tell every platform to use rocketlauncher as the emulator, should be in the emulator drop down box now.  Then they should show up in rocketlauncher.  But you would still have to configure the emulators and everything else in rocketlauncher.

3 minutes ago, damageinc86 said:

Once you start fresh with lunchbox selected as your plugin in rocket launcher, you have to to back to launch box and tell every platform to use rocketlauncher as the emulator, should be in the emulator drop down box now.  Then they should show up in rocketlauncher.  But you would still have to configure the emulators and everything else in rocketlauncher.

15 minutes ago, damageinc86 said:

...you have to to back to launch box and tell every platform to use rocketlauncher as the emulator, should be in the emulator drop down box now.  Then they should show up in rocketlauncher.  But you would still have to configure the emulators and everything else in rocketlauncher.

Setting RL as the emulator is obviously required to have LB use RL but it is not required for RLUI to populate the platform list at all. RL parses the Platform xmls to generate the list.

There's also no need to start with a fresh RLUI setup and reconfigure all of the settings. If the LB plugin was missing it's because they're either using a very old RL version and need to update or they manually removed the plugin files. The only reason to reconfigure everything in terms of settings is if they made the mistake of putting all their emulators in their HS directory and want to change those locations.

4 hours ago, Agent47 said:

Setting RL as the emulator is obviously required to have LB use RL but it is not required for RLUI to populate the platform list at all. RL parses the Platform xmls to generate the list.

There's also no need to start with a fresh RLUI setup and reconfigure all of the settings. If the LB plugin was missing it's because they're either using a very old RL version and need to update or they manually removed the plugin files. The only reason to reconfigure everything in terms of settings is if they made the mistake of putting all their emulators in their HS directory and want to change those locations.

Oh didn't know that.  I suppose because every time i added a platform I was of course adding RL as the emulator, so I associated it with the overall scheme of things.

Ok, i fixed my problem.

First, i made a new RocketLauncher stall to update it to a new version.
In this new version, Bigbox plugins work perfect.

After that, i just copy my old Rocketlauncher config files into my new Rocketlauncher and now everything works!

Now when i put a new system in launchbox, i tell that Rocketlauncher is my emulator, and now all works!

• Like 1