LaunchBox Community Forums

Lightspeed: Ultra-Fast Mame Importer Tool

Jason Carr

It also seems that there is a graphical issue with one of the pages/tabs. Also clicking "reset" on the Platforms page doesn't reset.

Edit: Let me be more specific. It doesn't reset the Arcade tab and specifically the "Bypass Filters" checkbox. It also doesn't deslect any of the built-in filters if they have been selected.

Capture.thumb.PNG.771548f69baf4c6e2e51415b0c6e9e4f.PNG

Edited by quazl

@Antropus

Just tested beta 10 as well and I'm also getting the problem where the LaunchBox closing tag is inserted right after the opening tag rather than at the end of the file.1.thumb.png.69a0afe9896cd5d0468b5dd416d53295.png

I'm also sending you the corrupt Arcade.xml file along with the Lightspeed.ini should you wish to try and reproduce. I understand your frustration in trying to deal with these huge files. That would also drive me nuts ! :)

Arcade.7z

Lightspeed.ini

I also got the same bug. One question: The software also introduced this problem to my already existing platforms, like Sony Playstation, Nintendo 64 etc. WHY is Lightspeed even touching these xml s?

Edit: I found other bugs: the Custom Values like "Number of buttons" are not assigned as a custom value, they just are in the regular notes of the games. Also consolidating clones does not work, although I told Lightspeed to include clones.

Edited by lones710

Hi, I got an error with v 0.183 (plz check the attached image), I got all filtered roms but when I click to export It says "Please choose the output format from the drop-down menu", and, well, I clicked in all places and typed all possible thins related with output-format and Roms. I´m missing something?

Thx in advance.

1.png

Info: - Windows 10 (x64)

-  Roms FB Alpha v 0.2.97.39 (Based on Mame 0.178/0.179)

-  Mame.exe v 0.179

-  Tryed to execute lightspeed.exe as administrator and with compatibility in most OS

- Last time worked with lightspeed 0.7j but dont know why doesnt work now :S

Edited by Flop

• 2 weeks later...

I'm quite new to the Launchbox, MAME, and Lightspeed world. I was waiting for the new version of LB and Lightspeed to be released. Congratulations on all your hard work as others have mentioned in the forum. I noticed that no new posts have been posted since March 24th and therefore wanted to ask a few questions before using Lightspeed. Does the new release of LB do what Lightspeed can do and that's why there haven't been further posts? Or is the memory and errors from the lastest release of Lightspeed causing issues? A final question does the version of control.ini support Ledblinky control format and the Ultimarc U360 controller?   

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi. I got question. I want to use Lightspeed Mame to put my Mame roms to LB.

When I match media catalogs - cover, videos, ets. they are going to by copy from MAME catalog on disc to LB catalogs (Images->Cover, etc.) or they stay in MAME catalog??? I want them to be move or copy from MAME to LB catalog on disc - is taht what program do?

Thanx in advance

Edited by vahacris

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Everyone

I've been following this project elsewere, and surely I must have missed something big...

@Antropus: has something happened?

You used to post frequent updates on development, and all of a sudded.. everyone stopped.

Has the discussion moved to another thread?

Many thanks!

I'm trying to use the Copy / Move functionality in order to create a separate culled set of ROMs for my MAME cab.  I'm noticing that for certain games it does not move related zip files that are required to run the game.  To cite a couple examples, Galaga requires some companion zip files named 'namco5X.zip' and Dimahoo needs 'qsound.zip'.  It seems these zips don't even show up in the export step -- so I'm guessing that's why they're not being copied.  Am I missing something or is there a way to ensure Lightspeed has visibility to these required files and knows to copy them to the destination dir?

Much Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

MushroomHunterI don't think this was working. Lightspeed should for this check dependancies.

Personally I use LightSpeed for MAMEWAH list creation based on already created custom roms directory. I'm using my own script that copies necessary files based on MAMEUI/ARCADE64 favorites list.

There are still one problem with MAMEWAH list export. Program exports at the beginning small string                that makes think MAMEWAH that first game on list in for example ď»ż005 instead of 005. Those signs (which is strange) are not visible in notepad.

Usefull option would be also removing or moving to end of line word "The" since many games have this at the beginning of it's name. Right now I have to do this manually.

Edited by haynor666

• 1 month later...

I don't know if this software is even working anymore with newer versions of Launchbox. It certainly isn't necessary anymore, this program was made a while back before Jason implemented the Mame Import filtering window that's the last step of the Mame roms import process.

I could be wrong about this being broken though, I never used and never felt the need to either because when it came out I had imported and cleaned mine the old and slow manual way. But since Jason put in the filter tool it does a very good job.

If someone can confirm that this is truly broken now I will lock the thread and put a warning on it on first post.