LaunchBox Community Forums

@CriticalCidFantastic work!

I have attached a screenshot mockup of a game view I was hoping you would be interested in creating for your theme? Inspired by your own platform view design!

It could replace the Horizontal view in Games or you could just add another view? Not sure. Anyway it would be amazing to have a game view like the one I have proposed.

Thanks

gamehorizontalexample.jpg

Edited by master333
update

@CriticalCid Your theme is amazing! IMO the best theme for Launchbox, HS or any other front end. I'm being serious. I don't give out compliments often.

I heard from Jason that you're continuing to add new views to your current theme. Now that I kissed your butt ;) are you open to any ideas on new views? I've got one view in mind if you're interested.

My idea for the new view would be a text based view, using the default text from the default view from the original Big Box setup. Many users, myself included, prefer this list view:

CriticalZone_3.PNGFurthermore, I really like having the platform details across the bottom like in this view:

CriticalZone_4.PNG

However, since the platforms would be listed out vertically and aligned left, the platform list ribbon would be removed and the video window would remain the same size, but be aligned to the right. Then, since the platform ribbon is removed the "Details" and "Overview" section would be about 3-5 rows longer, or you could make the platforms list longer and go down until it reaches the bottom of the platform ribbon shown in the image since it's now removed. Either option works for me since text is scroll-able now.

Having this view in both the platforms list and the games list would be great. When it comes to the images on the bottom-left of the view, for the platforms list you can use the platforms banner as shown in the image. For the games list, you can have the box art in the same spot.

One thing to note is that I'm not an expert at photo editing as is probably evident. Therefore, the font on the platform list should be the default size which should allow about 12-15 platforms on screen at once and they won't be as blurry obviously.

Let me know your feedback @CriticalCid and if you think this is feasible and a good idea.

Edited by Beatlemaniac19
  • Like 1

On 11/16/2016 at 7:43 PM, CriticalCid said:

Yes, there are videos for these systems. Everything you need to know about the platform videos should be covered on point VII of the download description. Let me know if anything is unclear.

thank you, Is it possible to get those videos only.

I clicked on, download Platform theme videos like a week ago, but I didnt get those .. 

17 hours ago, CriticalCid said:

Well, you weren’t very specific which type of platform videos you mean. Themes for your mentioned platforms are available in my Unified and Nyny77 Cinematics style, but not as Cinematix from BakerMan.

Well Im just using you theme 1.2v and Im only missing snk, wii and sega cd

thats all I know, CidCapture.JPGthese might help you

Edited by djwar

2 minutes ago, CriticalCid said:

Just click on download and you can choose each video individually.

Cool thanks, but with the Unified link Im getting this

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator at webmaster@emumovies.com to inform them of the time this error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.