LaunchBox Community Forums

10 minutes ago, CriticalCid said:

True, but you can set a default background image for each platform which is shown instead of the black background when there’s no fanart for the game itself.

Just add your platform backgrounds into the Fanart folder for each platform. You can find them in “\LaunchBox\Images\Platforms\..”

Perfect, Thank you

• 2 weeks later...

CriticalZone v1.3 is out with 2 completely new Views for the newly added Game Theme Videos (recorded HyperSpin themes)!

CriticalZone Changelog:

v1.3 (12/02/2016):
- Added: 2 new Game Views. Both were designed to take full advantage of the newly added Game Theme Videos. You have to use LB v7.0 Beta-16 or higher in order to use them!
- Updated: The ReadMe file now contains information’s for downloading and using Game Theme Videos.

• Like 4

It’s possible but you would need to add it yourself. This view is intended to be used with the Game Video Themes and cover wouldn’t fit to it very well, I couldn't even find a good place to add the platform logo to it. So unfortunately I won’t add any cover to it, sorry.

EDIT: I’m in good mood today so I quickly did an alternative version of this view just for you. It’s just a quick and dirty solution without any optimizations but I hope it will do the job just fine for you

Just put this file in the “Views” folder of my theme and replace it with the original one.

HorizontalWheel1GamesView.xaml

Edited by CriticalCid
Uploaded view
  • Like 2

56 minutes ago, CriticalCid said:

It’s possible but you would need to add it yourself. This view is intended to be used with the Game Video Themes and cover wouldn’t fit to it very well, I couldn't even find a good place to add the platform logo to it. So unfortunately I won’t add any cover to it, sorry.

EDIT: I’m in good mood today so I quickly did an alternative version of this view just for you. It’s just a quick and dirty solution without any optimizations but I hope it will do the job just fine for you

Just put this file in the “Views” folder of my theme and replace it with the original one.

HorizontalWheel1GamesView.xaml

thank you keep trying to get my head around makeing themes. need to watch some videos on how to i think but thank you

@CriticalCid I am really enjoying your new views for the recorded HS themes for the Arcade platforms with your theme:) I am hoping that @Jason Carr can come up with a way to maybe save views per platform especially with the Arcade platforms. I really enjoy your new views for the HS themes for the Arcade platforms and think it looks awesome, but I prefer the coverflow type views for my console platforms that show boxart and a smaller size video box. I would love to have the best of both worlds combined I guess:)

Maybe I am missing it, but how do you get the hyperspin game themes to show up.  I have a full emu movies account and when I do my game imports only a few of the arcade games bring in the hyperspin style game themes (ie 1942, 1943).  I can't seem to get an console based ones to show up besides the regular movies.

This theme with all the user created videos is amazing.  Great work.

Currently there are only HyperSpin Theme Videos for Arcade and Touhou Project games. I did over 2200 videos for them, so almost all HS themes that are available for these platforms should be covered.

To be honest with you, I’m not a huge fan of HS themes for Consoles, Computer and Handhelds because I like it more when these platforms look tidy and clean. But you’re not the only person who’s asking for this, so I’ll probably do them as well. But don’t expect anything in that regard before 2017.

• Like 1