LaunchBox Community Forums

3 hours ago, CriticalCid said:

Currently there are only HyperSpin Theme Videos for Arcade and Touhou Project games. I did over 2200 videos for them, so almost all HS themes that are available for these platforms should be covered.

To be honest with you, I’m not a huge fan of HS themes for Consoles, Computer and Handhelds because I like it more when these platforms look tidy and clean. But you’re not the only person who’s asking for this, so I’ll probably do them as well. But don’t expect anything in that regard before 2017.

Awesome!  Thank you for the reply and great job on this.  Running your theme and loving it.

• Like 2

Only views which were designed to use platform or game theme videos are using the animated background. All other views like the GamesListView are using normal images based on your background priorities settings. If you don’t want the Logos to show up in the background open LaunchBox (not BigBox!) and go to Tools -> Images -> Background Priorities and change it to your likings.

But that's the thing. The video doesn't play in any of the views. I've already disabled the logos in the background as well, as per Launchbox definitions, but the video doesn't seem to be playing. I've also edited the fade.

I'm using the latest launchbox beta.

game_view.png

platform_view.png

Edited by creamdonut

You can set a default background image for all games in a platform which gets used when there’s no image for a particular game. Just put your background image in:

LaunchBox\Images\Platforms\"Platform Name"\Fanart

If you still want to use the animated background for these views than you can change it manually in the XAML files in the "Views" folder of my theme. The file for the view in your screenshot is called "WheelGamesView.xaml"

Just replace this line(it's one of the first lines in the file):

<transitions:TransitionPresenter TransitionSelector="{Binding BackgroundTransitionSelector}" Content="{Binding BackgroundView}" Height="{Binding ElementName=Canvas, Path=ActualHeight}" Width="{Binding ElementName=Canvas, Path=ActualWidth}" IsContentVideo="true" />

With this:

<Grid>

<MediaElement Name="BackgroundVideo" Height="{Binding ElementName=Canvas, Path=ActualHeight}" Width="{Binding ElementName=Canvas, Path=ActualWidth}" Stretch="Fill">

<MediaElement.Triggers>

<EventTrigger RoutedEvent="MediaElement.Loaded">

<EventTrigger.Actions>

<BeginStoryboard>

<Storyboard>

<MediaTimeline Source="pack://siteoforigin:,,,/Themes/CriticalZone(v1.3)/Videos/BackgroundVideo/Background.mp4" Storyboard.TargetName="BackgroundVideo" RepeatBehavior="Forever"/>

</Storyboard>

</BeginStoryboard>

</EventTrigger.Actions>

</EventTrigger>

</MediaElement.Triggers>

</MediaElement>

</Grid>

I’m not sure, but I highly doubt that there’s currently a way to customize the image types for the image switching feature. I know you can switch to the back when you are in the game details screen but that’s a separate function which you can’t use for the normal games views, unfortunately. Maybe @Jason Carr could add support for it in the future, but right now it isn't possible.

@CriticalCid One thing I noticed while surfing through some games today while using your theme is I noticed while using the Horizontal View 1 in the games view that some games that have long names get cutoff such as Super Street Fighter II : The New Challengers. Its not that big of a deal but I just wanted to point it out to you but I am sure you already know.