LaunchBox Community Forums

Who has the largest collection currently standing in Launchbox?

cleverest

9 hours ago, Starbuck said:

Thank you. Now the hunt starts for the games

I had to search in quite a few places to find them all. Separating them into regions is easy with any full set as the ROMs normally have their region suffixes which you can easily sort via the search function in file-explorer as you know. I cannot remember exactly where I obtained a full Genesis set which had nearly everything as it was so long ago but I think it was either isozone or piratebay. As for stuff like Homebrews I had to source them individually. Adding all the artwork was the most time consuming and pain in the buttocks:

image.thumb.png.0861b7d2b3336392e65aa180ef52fa5f.png

image.thumb.png.769708ab3659473681618756b9b6942d.png

9 hours ago, Starbuck said:

here are directory prints of the 2 platforms you asked about

Sega Mega Drive (NonGood).txt

Sega Mega Drive (Russian Unlicensed).txt

Thanks very much for that. I do not think I will personally add those as the Russian titles are normally just title or sprite hacks and the NonGood seems to be a bit of a mash up of everything. I like Sonic and SOR hacks as those are great games and normally done pretty well but those Russian ones as interesting as some are are pretty crappy, haha. Plus, it would be a royal pain in the pooper to seek and obtain the appropriate artwork for them and my OCD won't like that.

8 hours ago, Dan said:

Sounds great. With so many of us working on a similar thing, it’s a shame we can’t somehow combine all our efforts to save us each doing it all individually - and we’d end up with a stupendous collection no doubt! 

I am happy to upload all of what I have as I have added artwork to everything. Especially all of my SEGA Mega Drive categories.

2 minutes ago, Starbuck said:

Have you uploaded the videos yet. Just finished searching for the Game gear games and imported what I found so far to LB

They are actually uploading right now. They should be available in the downloads section in hopefully no more than a few hours. They are taking an annoyingly long time but I will let you know when they are done my good man.

On 8/9/2018 at 1:01 AM, harryoke said:

finally broke the 100,000 games mark after adding full set of decrypted NDS roms :)

I know that what system may have the worse library of games is subjective but after having sorted through 90% of my NDS ROMs I would like to say it is a FACT that it has THE crappiest library of games out of any system, every! If I was stuck on a desert-island I would rather play a game of let a crab bite my ding-dong than play 'Germany's Next Top Model', 'Cory in the House' or 'Drake & Josh: Talent Showdown' on the NDS. I know there are SOME decent games on it but the system was basically for twelve year old girls and a platform to cash in on crappy reality TV shows.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dane said:

I know there are SOME decent games on it but the system was basically for twelve year old girls and a platform to cash in on crappy reality TV shows.

Haha, I know what you mean but the nihilist in me loves collecting all the shovelware, similar to a 'crab biting my ding dong'. I've been putting together a full USA set (1179) (2TB) of Wii games for the last 3 weeks and my word there is so much shovelware on that system too! I've even gone as far as getting a WiiMote, Dolphin Bar and 8TB drive for the occasion. I've fallen in love with a shitty game called "Chicken Shoot". Such a guilty pleasure :D

19 minutes ago, JamesBond@ge said:

Haha, I know what you mean but the nihilist in me loves collecting all the shovelware, similar to a 'crab biting my ding dong'. I've been putting together a full USA set (1179) (2TB) of Wii games for the last 3 weeks and my word there is so much shovelware on that system too! I've even gone as far as getting a WiiMote, Dolphin Bar and 8TB drive for the occasion. I've fallen in love with a shitty game called "Chicken Shoot". Such a guilty pleasure :D

Yeah those kinds of game are pretty funny and amusing. I got the shits tonight and deleted the DS games from LB along with all the metadata and media. I deleted all the European and Japanese stuff (which I do not normally do) but with the DS there was just too much missing metadata and media. I renamed the U.S. stuff to be more tidy and will upload/add it again with better results, hopefully. Sometimes when things get too finicky I find it better to start again.

That Chicken Shoot looks fun. Do you have any kind of lightgun or are you just using a controller or mouse? I would love all the Wii games. Only thing with the Wii though is I would have to wait until Retroarch gets better compatibility for it as I try to only use MAME and Retroarch for everything. I have 637 Gamecube games and they work pretty good through Retroarch, but not the Wii or WiiWare stuff (which I have 343 titles).

My "ding-dong" was bitten off years ago (parden the pun). Being a data hoarder means you cannot be selective, if i removed all the SH*t games from my collection i would be left with next to nothing & they would probably fit on a 1gb thumbdrive :D

Edited by harryoke

18 minutes ago, harryoke said:

My "ding-dong" was bitten off years ago (parden the pun). Being a data hoarder means you cannot be selective, if i removed all the SH*t games from my collection i would be left with next to nothing & they would probably fit on a 1gb thumbdrive :D

Haha, true. It is funny because out of my near 35k games I religiously play two of them and have about fifty in total that I cycle through. Though every once in a while I add one into the regular rotation or focus just on it solely. Games are like films, shows and music as there are far more I dislike than like. I am a self-confess data-hoarder but am trying to kick the habit, it is difficult.

• Like 1

I trimmed my collection a long time ago, and now i am at 12k. It was a difficult decision, but took some strength, deleted the nonsensical stuff, and I am glad I did it. 

One thing I am doing that helps me play a lot of games rather than the same 10 every time, is using Grila's random game plugin. I just trigger it for the entire collection, and even if the selected game does not look appealing at first, I force myself to give it a chance (play for at least 10 mins). I discovered some awesome hidden gems that otherwise would be buried in my collection forever not being played even once. 

18 minutes ago, Kondorito said:

I trimmed my collection a long time ago, and now i am at 12k. It was a difficult decision, but took some strength, deleted the nonsensical stuff, and I am glad I did it. 

One thing I am doing that helps me play a lot of games rather than the same 10 every time, is using Grila's random game plugin. I just trigger it for the entire collection, and even if the selected game does not look appealing at first, I force myself to give it a chance (play for at least 10 mins). I discovered some awesome hidden gems that otherwise would be buried in my collection forever not being played even once. 

I am thinking and doubting it now for months. first I am a collector who wants to have all the games, but it is way too much. so I will try to handle it with the "hide" option. so I can hide the games which should not shown in BigBox... maybe this will help, but at this moment It is to complicated to hide the games. and in audit it is no flag who shows me if hide or not.

22 minutes ago, Kondorito said:

Playing Russian roulette with games is very dangerous, last time I played it my kids walked in the room just as I was engrossed in Barbie fashion princess :D 

• Haha 2