LaunchBox Community Forums

Who has the largest collection currently standing in Launchbox?

cleverest

Ahh yeah, I did the WiiWare titles recently too. It came to about 360 titles for the USA set. I've got the Europe and Japan titles in separate folders but I don't think I'll import them or it'll be dupe city. I just need to work out how to install DLC for Wiiware and Wii games because I have a ton of those.

I found a program named Bulk Rename Utility to do both my NDS and N3DS roms you just tell how many characters you want to cut out and it removes all the numbering all in a couple of button presses. Since then I've found a few other uses for it and I highly recommend it to anyone.

5 hours ago, DOS76 said:

I found a program named Bulk Rename Utility to do both my NDS and N3DS roms you just tell how many characters you want to cut out and it removes all the numbering all in a couple of button presses. Since then I've found a few other uses for it and I highly recommend it to anyone.

I have used a program called AntRenamer, that I used to basically do the same thing.  String deletion from front and back, but also replace with options, and other stuff.  It runs very quickly as well.

Edited by damageinc86

15 hours ago, JamesBond@ge said:

Did you add the USA set? I did the same recently and after consolidating the duplicates and versions. it came to dead on 400 games.

Yeah the DS is one of two systems I have left to organise. The duplicates in that set are a pain in the butt. I’m also deleting any Korean, French, Spanish etc and leaving USA & UK only. I might make a seperate category for Japanese, not sure yet. Overall it didn’t correctly scrap a fair amount of the games, did you have that issue with yours?

6 hours ago, DOS76 said:

I have been using that for years to rename the music I download and since doing the whole emulation thing have been using it for that too. It is such a versatile and user-friendly program, I would be lost without it.

33 minutes ago, Dane said:

Overall it didn’t correctly scrap a fair amount of the games, did you have that issue with yours?

This is a 'problem' with the LaunchboxDB. It's very incomplete as far as alternate (foreign) titles goes. Merging region duplicates that have the same name is of course not a problem. But if a game has been released in the US, EU and JP with three different names, and the DB does not have those names entered, you end up with three listings of which only one was recognized. A lot of consoles are pretty complete in the DB now, but there are also some (especially newer consoles and consoles with huge sets like the DS) which are very incomplete. Plus, launchboxDB is oftentimes missing Japan-only games too.

I've been fixing up the 3DS set on the LaunchboxDB for a while now. Don't have a lot of time so I only work on it every now and then. If you were to load a fullset of 3ds roms (all regions) into launchbox and were to 'consolidate' the roms. You will see most roms up until the letter G are now perfectly recognized, merged and with cover. And I'm planning to do the rest of the 3ds set too of course. I also want to the DS set, but that one is of a whole other level. That fullset is huge :P

I currently have more than 2000 submitted changes on the DB and the bulk of those was for the 3ds set...

Edited by Landcross
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Dane said:

That is a heck of a lot of games. What percentage would you say you have working?

Well, I don't import systems that are unplayable ... e.g. Xbox...ive only imported 1 PS3 game which is ni no kuni as I have it working in rpcs3. All my dupes are consolidated into 1 entry. I would hope that 99% of them are playable . Every game I try works .

3 hours ago, Landcross said:

This is a 'problem' with the LaunchboxDB. It's very incomplete as far as alternate (foreign) titles goes. Merging region duplicates that have the same name is of course not a problem. But if a game has been released in the US, EU and JP with three different names, and the DB does not have those names entered, you end up with three listings of which only one was recognized. A lot of consoles are pretty complete in the DB now, but there are also some (especially newer consoles and consoles with huge sets like the DS) which are very incomplete. Plus, launchboxDB is oftentimes missing Japan-only games too.

Yes Japanese releases really can be quite poor on LB. I am going through 500 - 600 Japanese Saturn games at the moment and I would say that 60% - 75% have no metadata and media for them. Though I know there are THOUSANDS of games and although the LB database is greatly lacking I know it is very good too. I try to look at it as a glass half full kind of way.

I've been fixing up the 3DS set on the LaunchboxDB for a while now. Don't have a lot of time so I only work on it every now and then. If you were to load a fullset of 3ds roms (all regions) into launchbox and were to 'consolidate' the roms. You will see most roms up until the letter G are now perfectly recognized, merged and with cover. And I'm planning to do the rest of the 3ds set too of course. I also want to the DS set, but that one is of a whole other level. That fullset is huge :P

I currently have more than 2000 submitted changes on the DB and the bulk of those was for the 3ds set...

I have 240 3DS titles and most of them were all good so I guess I should say a big thank you to you for that.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, harryoke said:

Well, I don't import systems that are unplayable ... e.g. Xbox...ive only imported 1 PS3 game which is ni no kuni as I have it working in rpcs3. All my dupes are consolidated into 1 entry. I would hope that 99% of them are playable . Every game I try works .

Well that is pretty damn impressive then so kudos to you. I did have about 70k and I would say that 40% - 50% did not work so I downsized to 35k. I got sick of fiddling with systems instead of just playing. My damn OCD won't let me have anything that is not perfect and my inability to get many things not working clashes with that. How many platforms does a 100k setup have?

24 minutes ago, Dane said:

Well that is pretty damn impressive then so kudos to you. I did have about 70k and I would say that 40% - 50% did not work so I downsized to 35k. I got sick of fiddling with systems instead of just playing. My damn OCD won't let me have anything that is not perfect and my inability to get many things not working clashes with that. How many platforms does a 100k setup have?

i have 87 systems atm. this does not include playlists eg.. capcom classics etc...

8 hours ago, Dane said:

Yeah the DS is one of two systems I have left to organise. The duplicates in that set are a pain in the butt. I’m also deleting any Korean, French, Spanish etc and leaving USA & UK only. I might make a seperate category for Japanese, not sure yet. Overall it didn’t correctly scrap a fair amount of the games, did you have that issue with yours?

At a guess, I'd say about 20% didn't scrape correctly, even after naming them correctly. I do remember however, that I spent at least 3 weeks downloading trailers and gameplays from YouTube, editing the videos, and getting the box art at the very least. Rather like the MSX platform that we spoke about earlier brrrr.

I'm doing the Wii at the moment. I've been going for the full set of 1179 USA Roms (2TB) for about a month now. A little bit before Nintendo started going on the warpath. I've got about 600 imported into LB at the moment.....the box arts are scraping really well thanks to the LB Database, but the video's from EmuMovies videos are very patchy so once again, a lot of manual scraping from YouTube is in order :-)

Edited by JamesBond@ge

8 hours ago, Landcross said:

I'll echo what Dane and say thanks for that bro. The 3DS set scraped very nicely with minimal work for box covers and art for all 400 of my 3DS USA Roms. Being a video completionist, I had to scrape some videos from YouTube manually myself but that's an EmuMovies thing.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dane said:

My damn OCD won't let me have anything that is not perfect

I copy that, Been spending 3 days to get Visualboyadvance-m to boot in fullscreen when clicking on a rom in Launchbox.

Finally solved, I will begin playing in just under 6 years from now :)

3 hours ago, JamesBond@ge said:

I'll echo what Dane and say thanks for that bro. The 3DS set scraped very nicely with minimal work for box covers and art for all 400 of my 3DS USA Roms. Being a video completionist, I had to scrape some videos from YouTube manually myself but that's an EmuMovies thing.

Thanks! Though, note that most of the USA stuff was already added before I started working on the fullset (thus all regions) so I can't take too much credit for that part. ^_^