LaunchBox Community Forums

7.9-beta-1 Released

Jason Carr

8 minutes ago, InfinityFox said:

Jason, did you work on the issue I pointed out, where after importing my MAME collection, certain other platforms were showing in the Arcade playlists?

If yes do you need some testing done, I'm happy to import my mame collection again.

Haven't tackled that quite yet @InfinityFox; hoping to for the next beta.

• Like 1

I was using the keyboard. Up and Down Arrows, Plus Enter. I've actually never tried the mouse in Big Box.

Restarting Big Box rescued me from the infinite loop, but the program locks up whenever I click a Platform Category to enter, regardless of how many or how few Playlists/Platforms are included within the category.

2 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

Games *should* be being automatically picked up in the playlists after adding new games, but I did do some heavy caching in order to help with performance. So you may just need to restart LaunchBox.

Gotcha :) The first time this happened to me I did restart thinking a cache needed to be cleared, and it didn't help. The games are still not being shown a few sessions/Windows sessions later, but perhaps they are being suppressed since I manually added them to the playlists they should be in? But then it seems that there are now duplicate entries in the Playlist Properties dialog, one for the existing game I added and one for the "missing" set down below which should have had the "missing" check taken off.

13 minutes ago, Kriven said:

I was using the keyboard. Up and Down Arrows, Plus Enter. I've actually never tried the mouse in Big Box.

Restarting Big Box rescued me from the infinite loop, but the program locks up whenever I click a Platform Category to enter, regardless of how many or how few Playlists/Platforms are included within the category.

Is the 7.8 release stable for you @Kriven?

9 minutes ago, EazyCheeze1978 said:

Gotcha :) The first time this happened to me I did restart thinking a cache needed to be cleared, and it didn't help. The games are still not being shown a few sessions/Windows sessions later, but perhaps they are being suppressed since I manually added them to the playlists they should be in? But then it seems that there are now duplicate entries in the Playlist Properties dialog, one for the existing game I added and one for the "missing" set down below which should have had the "missing" check taken off.

If a game is manually added, then it will indeed be considered a different game than anything else currently in the list. If a game isn't being identified, then there's something different about it that is making it not being picked up. It could be the platform name, could be the title, file name, etc. Games should be picked up after the fact, but the mechanism for picking them up is more restrictive after the fact than for the initial creation of the arcade playlists, if that makes sense.

• Like 1

Maybe it is the title, but it's the one that's being scraped from the DB (and it is an arcade game with the 'classic' 8-character filename limit which is naturally not changed from its original name). Is the file extension looked at when determining if an item in the playlist now exists? If so, I use 7-Zip instead of ZIP exclusively for arcade ROMs now because of generally higher compression. If that is the case, then it's weird because the currently-existing games were found fine when I first created the playlists.

Edited by EazyCheeze1978

28 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

Is the 7.8 release stable for you @Kriven?

7.8 Big Box worked well for me, but we never did sort out why games weren't showing up when I clicked on Playlists in LaunchBox.

I let Big Box sit for a while and left the room. When I came back it was in the proper screen and could switch back and forth without crashing. I guess it's just taking a while populating the categories for the first time.

Edited by Kriven

Just now, Kriven said:

7.8 Big Box worked well for me, but we never did sort out why games weren't showing up when I clicked on Playlists in LaunchBox.

Ah, I probably forgot to share that with you. We took a look at that in the live stream and the problem was the fact that there's a custom field named Playlists, believe it or not, which was messing it all up. So now it's starting to make more sense. Also, maybe we have a bug when there's no games in the list.

• Like 1

So I have assigned a controller button to show playlists and another to show platforms in Big Box, but when I go to the playlist view and switch back to platform view, I can hear the audio from the playlist video playing in the background over the video in the platform view. This is rectified by simply pressing up or down to choose a different platform.  If I go back to playlist view, the currently selected playlist video is paused until I switch to another playlist. Using VLC

EDIT: This does not happen when Windows Media Player is used.

Edited by Charco

24 minutes ago, EazyCheeze1978 said:

Maybe it is the title, but it's the one that's being scraped from the DB (and it is an arcade game with the 'classic' 8-character filename limit which is naturally not changed from its original name). Is the file extension looked at when determining if an item in the playlist now exists? If so, I use 7-Zip instead of ZIP exclusively for arcade ROMs now because of generally higher compression. If that is the case, then it's weird because the currently-existing games were found fine when I first created the playlists.

I would have to dive into your collection to determine exactly what's going on, but unfortunately I need to move on for now. I do still need to come back to the arcade playlist creation to fix a few minor things, such as non-arcade games showing up in the list.

2 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

I would have to dive into your collection to determine exactly what's going on, but unfortunately I need to move on for now. I do still need to come back to the arcade playlist creation to fix a few minor things, such as non-arcade games showing up in the list.

That's okay :) Take your time and know that your work on this front end is absolutely wonderful and I appreciate it so so much, as does everyone here I'm sure!

And, I noticed that too. I can't remember which game(s) were affected in my collection, but it was a couple, so far. (Mostly visible in BigBox.) I'll keep an eye out for you.

EDIT: Got one! Frogger prototype on Game Gear was added to Konami Classics, in lieu of the original arcade Frogger we all know and love.

Edited by EazyCheeze1978
  • Like 1

@Jason Carr I generated the autoplaylist of last version, and I noticed that it adds games from other platforms instead of only MAME / Arcade. Is this normal?

For example, for Nintendo Classics it added a game from Nintendo Game & Watch, or in the Sega Classics it added Mario Kart 8 from Wiiu!!!. I attached a few examples.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, flores9 said:

@Jason Carr I generated the autoplaylist of last version, and I noticed that it adds games from other platforms instead of only MAME / Arcade. Is this normal?

For example, for Nintendo Classics it added a game from Nintendo Game & Watch, or in the Sega Classics it added Mario Kart 8 from Wiiu!!!. I attached a few examples.

How in the heavens did Mario Kart 8 got in there lol?

Thanks for posting these images, I am noticing a lot of context and translations improvements I need to implement. I haven't used the playlist feature at all and I need to know what function each thing has in order to provide context

Edit:

@Jason Carr I clicked Edit instead of Quote and deleted @flores9 images!!! Incredibly dumb mistake I made. I can't find a way to rollback the edit, I sent a message to flores9 to apologize what can I do to fix this?

16 minutes ago, CliveBarker said:

How in the heavens did Mario Kart 8 got in there lol?

Thanks for posting these images, I am noticing a lot of context and translations improvements I need to implement. I haven't used the playlist feature at all and I need to know what function each thing has in order to provide context

Edit:

@Jason Carr I clicked Edit instead of Quote and deleted @flores9 images!!! Incredibly dumb mistake I made. I can't find a way to rollback the edit, I sent a message to flores9 to apologize what can I do to fix this?

I attached the images.

playlist nintendo.png

sega classics 2.png

sega classics.png

Sega Hikaru.png

Taito.png