LaunchBox Community Forums

7.9-beta-1 Released

Jason Carr

1 hour ago, Porl Hendy said:

Hi, i dont know if its emumovies or if its the beta but when i go to download artwork its not accepting my login for emumovies, but the website seems to let me log in. Anyone else experiencing this? Thanks

It's not just you, it's probably everyone. I also cannot login. Fails on LaunchBox or directly through the FTP.

• Like 1

Hello guys,

Am i the only one having problems with populating arcade playlists?

My problem is that i have many games missing from playlists that in fact are in my set, like if i search them in the Arcade platform they will show up but they are marked as missing in the playlists they belong.

I tried several re-imports and the problem continues to happen.

I have 7.9 beta 1 version with lifetime premium license and a full mame 0.172 split set.

I am not the only one with this issue since i opened a thread in troubleshooting and some users said that have the same problem.

Thank you for your help. 

Cheers

I'm having problems to with a 158 set that is running fine on my old hyperspin install. Some games don't even import at all I've had to go through and import them individually. Plus North America isn't necessarily working, contra was missed in the import so went back and imported files, selected all the contra roms and selected North America and got the Japan version. Had to redo it and select only the USA before it worked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, wemr97dl said:

I'm having problems to with a 158 set that is running fine on my old hyperspin install. Some games don't even import at all I've had to go through and import them individually. Plus North America isn't necessarily working, contra was missed in the import so went back and imported files, selected all the contra roms and selected North America and got the Japan version. Had to redo it and select only the USA before it worked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well it depends on the type of set. If the set is outdated, which .158 is, then there will be something lost. I believe it needs to be at least .174, that's where our metadata began. Also, are you using a merged set? Merged has an issue when being imported because files are missing, and if they're missing they can't be grabbed and imported in to LaunchBox. MAME is up to .183, and .184 will soon be out. Split sets or non-merged sets are the two best for LaunchBox, with non-merged being the most compatible (but the most large by double).

Edit: What I mean by missing files is that a game can have up to 20 or 25 files associated with that game, and the only thing some of those files changes is what language you're in. Some are more complicated, some are just a base level. When you merge a set, the game still works, but now you're removing those identifier files that LaunchBox needs to read. So a merged set does work in LB, but the import nuance is lost and will not work the same way you might expect.

I'm happy personally that we have the arcade playlists automatically populating. I for one could never find out with any great certainty what games in the Mame set go into each of playlist or for that matter what systems were in the Mame set. If it's automated correctly then I'm happy, and because I've not had a Hyperspin setup with all the Arcade categories I wouldn't know the total number of games I should expect to see in each.

The only issue I've seen, for those of you who missed my earlier post, is certain games from other platforms are showing in the playlist, which Jason has said he will be working on. I did notice some games not importing a while back when I was using a merged set, but now I have .183 non merged imported. One game I really wanted that would not import was Pacland. The .183 set seems to work ok and Pacland is there, but as for any other games, without a list of what should be there I couldn't  really comment further.

Edited by InfinityFox

Yeah I'm with @InfinityFox here, personally I don't actually know how many, or which games should be in the playlists. I imported a whole non-merged .183 set all 120gb worth, and I haven't gone looking for a particular game that I couldn't find in one of the playlists. So for me this feature has worked great and I'm very happy with it.

MAME importer isn't perfect (to be kind) there are always tons of errors for me like hispanic games where there are US variants and many problems like such but MAME is massive and its usually very hard to track something down until you either search for it and it isn't there or you play what you have and it isn't the ROM you want.

3 hours ago, neil9000 said:

Yeah I'm with @InfinityFox here, personally I don't actually know how many, or which games should be in the playlists. I imported a whole non-merged .183 set all 120gb worth, and I haven't gone looking for a particular game that I couldn't find in one of the playlists. So for me this feature has worked great and I'm very happy with it.

Could you check your CSP II playlist and see if the Dungeon and Dragons games are there?

I think that every playlist that I have is missing many, many games. I am using .183 split.

Edited by quazl

4 hours ago, InfinityFox said:

I'm happy personally that we have the arcade playlists automatically populating. I for one could never find out with any great certainty what games in the Mame set go into each of playlist or for that matter what systems were in the Mame set. If it's automated correctly then I'm happy, and because I've not had a Hyperspin setup with all the Arcade categories I wouldn't know the total number of games I should expect to see in each.

The only issue I've seen, for those of you who missed my earlier post, is certain games from other platforms are showing in the playlist, which Jason has said he will be working on. I did notice some games not importing a while back when I was using a merged set, but now I have .183 non merged imported. One game I really wanted that would not import was Pacland. The .183 set seems to work ok and Pacland is there, but as for any other games, without a list of what should be there I couldn't  really comment further.

3 hours ago, neil9000 said:

To see how much games are missing from your playlists just right click in a playlist > edit > game tab and see what games are checked as missing.

Edited by solidmeister

2 minutes ago, solidmeister said:

To see how much games are missing from your playlists just right click in a playlist > edit > game tab and see what games are checked as missing.

Cheers for that, yeah loads missing.

Screenshot (50).png

Just now, solidmeister said:

I realized that when you posted, that's why i pointed the "missing table" to you guys, i didn't know too there was so much missing till i get to that table.

Hoping this will get atention from developers soon.

Thanks

Yeah that's quite a eye opener to see how much was missing, and that's just cps 2.