LaunchBox Community Forums

7.12-beta-1 Released

Jason Carr

i also can't seem to use 2 gameplay screenshot image files I added for a PC game in Windows "Screenshot - Gameplay" folder. i used the same naming convention I always do with game name-01, game name-02, etc. they just won't show up for the game when i click on  it. i have tried refresh selected images and close and reopen LB. 

49 minutes ago, ckp said:

i also can't seem to use 2 gameplay screenshot image files I added for a PC game in Windows "Screenshot - Gameplay" folder. i used the same naming convention I always do with game name-01, game name-02, etc. they just won't show up for the game when i click on  it. i have tried refresh selected images and close and reopen LB. 

check the naming convention of images for that game that WORK, copy paste the naming convention over to your other images and change the number at the end.

I noticed with some games, for w/e reason, launchbox was adding "_" (underscores) inplace of Spaces. idk why. it only happens for a few games.

looks like something changed here. the game name in LB is "Battle Chasers: Nightwar". For game names with colons i have always simply removed the colon for the image file and it always has worked that way. since @GunerX mentioned underscores, I decided to replace the colon with underscore like this "Battle Chasers_ Nightwar" and now it works! This would have always worked before but not now:  "Battle Chasers Nightwar"

@Jason Carr, did anything change that could cause this new behavior?

On ‎10‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 2:43 AM, Jason Carr said:

Just put out beta 3 guys with the overhauled startup videos. I'm pretty happy with how they turned out:

- New Premium Feature: Big Box Startup videos have been overhauled to be run from within Big Box instead of launching VLC directly; videos will now automatically run for the full length of the video unless skipped with a key or button press

- New Premium Feature: Big Box now supports random startup videos as well; simply create a LaunchBox\Videos\Startup folder and drop all videos to be randomized inside

Let me know how they're working for you guys. :)

The startup videos seem to run more smoothly for me now, and I definitely like the random startup videos (feature) too! :)

Edited by bundangdon

15 minutes ago, shinra358 said:

excellent. although sometimes the startup vid is black (ive heard ppl say this before but I didn't experience it before but now I am after this newest update). i'm sure that'll get ironed out though.

I have experienced this as well a few times and I kind of suspect it as a VLC issue. I am going to switch to WMP and see if it happens again.

1 hour ago, Pr0FiT said:

@Jason Carr Maybe an unintended consequence of the new startup video player / functions but startup sounds seem like they now play over the video (both start at the same time) whereas before it would not play until after the video finished.

yeah i think i hear this too.

Edited by ckp

5 hours ago, Pr0FiT said:

@Jason Carr Maybe an unintended consequence of the new startup video player / functions but startup sounds seem like they now play over the video (both start at the same time) whereas before it would not play until after the video finished.

You can turn this off in the Sound settings, just untick "Play Startup Sound."

Thank you guys. I'll be working through the issues with it this week. Per the startup video sound playing at the same time, noted; that makes sense.

Apologies for the extra files showing up; they are created by Dropbox when there is a syncing conflict and I didn't realize that they were there. We'll fix that for the next beta. They are of course safe to delete.

@ckp Nothing changed with the file naming, at least not for a very long time. However at one point previously I may have simplified the logic there in order to fix some performance issues, so I'm guessing that's why, though that would have been months ago.

@emko That's surprising. Can you check to see if it's a particular startup video file causing the issue? I don't really have any clue why there would be stability issues introduced, but hopefully we can get it figured out.

Currently, the startup videos always use VLC (though it's used in-app instead of just launching VLC, of course). I may change this going forward though, especially if it helps us troubleshoot the issue that @emko is seeing. Do you have any issues if you use VLC in Big Box @emko?