LaunchBox Community Forums

7.12-beta-1 Released

Jason Carr

3 minutes ago, kmoney said:

@wirtual82 All you do is go into Bigbox options, then enter into keyboard mappings and choose a key of your choice under where is says "Switch Theme". Once you have mapped that key just press that key to bring up the Switch Themes menu while in the platform or games view.

yah. we get that. we are asking to make it switch automatically when we enter a certain Platform/Playlist. I think playlist would be best, that way we could have specific game series themes.

Once you pick your global platform theme, you can enter into each of your platforms/playlist game views and pick a different theme in the Switch Theme box that pops up for each one of them. It saves it, so the next time you enter back into the platform/playlist game view it automatically goes into whatever theme you picked. You might also have to have "Remember Seperate View for each Platform" enabled as well in the Options/Views menu.

• Like 2

Just now, kmoney said:

Once you pick your global platform theme, you can enter into each of your platforms/playlist game views and pick a different theme in the Switch Theme box that pops up for each one of them. It saves it was you pick a different theme, so the next time you enter back into the platform/playlist game view it automatically goes into whatever theme you picked. You might also have to have "Remember Seperate View for each Platform" enabled as well in the Options/Views menu.

ohhh. that makes way more sense. Thanks!

• Like 1

Beta 6 is out now as well with reduced memory requirements. :)

@wirtual82 I'm not fully following; the game details currently do always use the default theme, so I am aware of that. However, I'm not aware of any theme-specific issues. Can you explain those? The last set view may be reset if you switch to a theme that does not support that particular view.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Jason Carr Just found another issue with the beta that I think another user pointed out as well and I wanted to confirm it happened to me also. I have had the startup vid a couple of times just play audio but no video is being played and its just a black screen. Just guessing, but maybe a VLC issue possibly?

56 minutes ago, kmoney said:

@Jason Carr Just found another issue with the beta that I think another user pointed out as well and I wanted to confirm it happened to me also. I have had the startup vid a couple of times just play audio but no video is being played and its just a black screen. Just guessing, but maybe a VLC issue possibly?

I can confirm that I have seen this also, it seems to happen to me about 1 in 5 launches.

1 hour ago, alnyden said:

Just upgraded to the latest beta and upon launch of Big Box immediately got "Big Box stopped working" error.  The next message says "Visual Studio Just-In-Time Debugger" "An unhandled Microsolft .NEF Framework exception occurred"

R

After restart, it's working again.

Also, two bugs found with the new theme chooser.  After selecting a new theme for "Colecovision", the next time I open the theme box it's empty and can't change it back.  (Only for this platform, doesn't happen with others).  Also, after changing a theme for a playlist, it did not save after rebooting software.

Love the new features!

R

One more question on the new theme selector.  I'm not sure if this is a bug or if I'm doing something wrong.  I duplicated a theme, gave it a new name, and replaced the background video within the theme's folder.  However, when I select that theme in the new theme selector, it does not change the background video, it still uses the one from the original theme.