LaunchBox Community Forums

7.15-beta-1 Released

Jason Carr

Been testing it today and it's awesome.

Question/idea for future improvements. 

Later could a achievement viewer like Xbox has be implemented (obviously it would be better designed wouldn't take much?).. 

Also like games has hearts and ratings now. Maybe a logo that shows this game has achievements. 

Achievements_1P_jpg_jpgcopy.jpg

1 minute ago, Porl Hendy said:

How exactly do i get my api key please? I registered to retroachievements.org then clicked on the link in launchbox options that takes u to the api key screen but i cant seem to see the api key. Thanks

There's a link to a page that has it in LB, but alternately login to your account on Retroachievements. Now go to Settings -> My Settings. Then under "account privileges" you'll see API Key: followed by a bunch of letters and numbers.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, davemk said:

Only achievements coming up for me a Super Nintendo... all the others do not seem to work, not sure if  i am doing something wrong. 

Seems it has to be a Retroarch core and the core itself also has to support them. For instance, I was looking at some of my NES games that have achievements through Retroachievements, but none of them would unlock. I tried with both the Nestopia and FCEUMM Retroarch cores, but neither worked (someone on the Retroachievements site said the FCEUMM core might work; apparently it is know the Nestopia one doesn't). Haven't tried any other cores yet.

So far, only SNES achievments have actually worked (I use the bsnes core).

Edited by CTRL-ALT-DEFEAT
  • Like 1

Yes, that's correct. Only specific RA cores support achievements; it's something that has to be implemented on a per-core basis so not all of them do. There's a list available here: https://github.com/libretro/docs/blob/master/docs/guides/retroachievements.md

Also keep in mind that there are a lot of platforms (like PSX for example) that don't have achievements period (on retroarchievements itself).

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CTRL-ALT-DEFEAT said:

Seems it has to be a Retroarch core and the core itself also has to support them. For instance, I was looking at some of my NES games that have achievements through Retroachievements, but none of them would unlock. I tried with both the Nestopia and FCEUMM Retroarch cores, but neither worked (someone on the Retroachievements site said the FCEUMM core might work; apparently it is know the Nestopia one doesn't). Haven't tried any other cores yet.

So far, only SNES achievments have actually worked (I use the bsnes core).

Ah.. did not think about different cores.. I will play around thanks CTRL

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zombeaver said:

Implementation of the friends leaderboard would be nice too:

image.png.a57ce678a6fef918b39f7cc0df929f19.png

Especially if I am top of the list, yes.

@Jason Carr, tried it out just now and really happy with how it is integrated so far. I assigned a button to View Achievements in Big Box and found it a little counter-intuitive to have to press the Back button to close the pop up window. Would it not be better to have the same assigned button close the pop up window also?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, xsilverfuryx said:

the last thing I add, nec pc engine / turbografx-16 and sega master system do not work either =), thanks in advance

So apparently the API is broken for several platforms, sadly. That's quite unfortunate. Hopefully I can get in touch with the devs here soon as I would be it's an easy fix, and I could probably even fix it myself if I had the code. If anyone knows how to get me in touch with the devs, I'm all for it. I do have a thread over on the retroachievements.org forums here: http://retroachievements.org/viewtopic.php?t=5527&c=27855

Looks like I should hit up their Discord, so I'll do that shortly.

• Like 1